Go app only shows Inspire for equip, I need P3P
7545 33 2015-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
New

United States

Help.  Somewhat experienced P1 user, but difficulty getting P3P up.  When I first bought a very early P3P, I was able to download the Pilot app, however I didn't have time to try flight until recently.  Now I'm trying to fly it.  Having changed phones in the meanwhile, I was unable to find the Pilot app, but downloaded the Go app instead.  When opening the app, it only shows an Inspire, and does not offer any of the usual screens that I had in the Pilot app.  I'm lost, frustrated, and technically challenged, apparently.  Any help would be appreciated.
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

Is your P3 powered on when you open the app?
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

Fieldstone Posted at 2015-12-13 17:08
Is your P3 powered on when you open the app?

Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, I've tried it both powered, and before powering on.  I have also uninstalled the app, then installed it again.  The screen opens with a photo of an Inspire.  There is a button titled HOW TO CONNECT.  Pressing this gives me the option of all of the different Phantoms and Inspired, then it opens several pages with instructions on doing whichever you selected.  But even after selecting P3P and returning to the start screen, I only the the Inspire.  In the middle of the screen there is: CONNECT YOUR DJI DEVICE, and beneath that the choice of Inspire 1 and Inspire Pro, but no other choices.  Pressing EQUIPMENT at the bottom right of the screen brings up only the screen described above.  I cannot get the main page of the app with the camera view and operating controls, nothing...  I'm at a loss.
2015-12-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As I recall, I was given the same choices when I first fired up the equipment, but since then it has known that I have a P3P. It may be that your RC unit is not bound to the aircraft, perhaps you need to perform that procedure. It is covered on page 28 of the manual, Linking the RC to the aircraft.
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-13 19:05
As I recall, I was given the same choices when I first fired up the equipment, but since then it has ...

I was going to tell him about binding but he cant get to the screen to do so.
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 17:56
Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, I've tried it both powered, and before powering on.  I have ...

This may sound like a stupid question but, you do have the RC powered on dont you?  If so,what color is the little light to the left of the 4 white lights when you have to P3 powered on?
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

Fieldstone Posted at 2015-12-13 19:20
This may sound like a stupid question but, you do have the RC powered on dont you?  If so,what colo ...

Yes, both the controller and the aircraft are powered up.  The light to the left of the four white ones is green.

As for the binding procedure, wouldn't I have to have the app up and running to do that?

Thanks so much for your help.
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 19:41
Yes, both the controller and the aircraft are powered up.  The light to the left of the four white ...

If the light is green, the controller should be connected with the P3.It shouldnt matter what you turn on first but this is how i do it. Power on device first  ,power on RC, Open app, Wait till the app say "remote controller connected" . At this point the light on the controller should be red. Then i power up the P3. After a few seconds the app will show your P3P. The light on the RC should turn to green. You should now be able to enter the camera view.  Yes ,you would have to be in the app to bind. What phone are you using?
2015-12-13
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

Fieldstone Posted at 2015-12-13 20:03
If the light is green, the controller should be connected with the P3.It shouldnt matter what you t ...

I'm using a Samsung S5.  But please remember, I can't get the app to open properly.  All I can get is the photo of the Inspire 1, and a choice of that or the I 1 Pro for equipment.  Even choosing one of those, I still am unable to get the app to open to the pilot function.  I'm perplexed completely....

Can I fly it without using the phone and app?  IOW, just manually?  How would I disable the GPS to prevent it from becoming a flyaway?

Thanks again for you help,  mark

near Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 21:45
I'm using a Samsung S5.  But please remember, I can't get the app to open properly.  All I can get ...

As mentioned above , did you try a different usb wire? You shouldnt have to choose your equipment. When everything is working correctly it will recognize your P3P and the photo of it will show up automatically. It would not be wise to try and fly without the app. Im not even sure if it would fly.
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

Fieldstone Posted at 2015-12-13 21:54
As mentioned above , did you try a different usb wire? You shouldnt have to choose your equipment. ...

OK, I changed USB cords.  I started the controller (small left side light is red), then opened the app.  The app opens with a white screen with a photo of an Inspire in the center.  Above the photo, it says "Connect your DJI device."  Beneath this (but above the photo of the Inspire) it say "Inspire 1 Pro" with a triangle arrow on the right side of the lettering pointing down.  Clicking on this brings up a window with which to choose Inspire 1 Pro, or Inspire 1.  Across the bottom of the screen are four choices, Equipment, Library, Explore, and Me.  The Equipment is highlighted, so I assume that I'm on that screen.  Then, I power up the P3P, which seems to light up and sound appropriately.  At that point the left side light on the controller changes to green, but there is no change at all on the app display.

On the app there is a "How to Connect" and opening that gives choices of the various DJI craft, including the P3P, however it just goes on to show how to connect the aircraft, exactly as you have described.

It "feels" as though the controller and P3P are connected properly, but that the app is the problem... it doesn't seem to recognize the controller or aircraft.  I don't know this for certain, it just seems to be the case.

Ideas, please....  Thanks,  m
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

As mentioned above , did you try a different usb wire? You shouldnt have to choose your equipment. ...

OK, I changed USB cords.  I started the controller (small left side light is red), then opened the app.  The app opens with a white screen with a photo of an Inspire in the center.  Above the photo, it says "Connect your DJI device."  Beneath this (but above the photo of the Inspire) it say "Inspire 1 Pro" with a triangle arrow on the right side of the lettering pointing down.  Clicking on this brings up a window with which to choose Inspire 1 Pro, or Inspire 1.  Across the bottom of the screen are four choices, Equipment, Library, Explore, and Me.  The Equipment is highlighted, so I assume that I'm on that screen.  Then, I power up the P3P, which seems to light up and sound appropriately.  At that point the left side light on the controller changes to green, but there is no change at all on the app display.

On the app there is a "How to Connect" and opening that gives choices of the various DJI craft, including the P3P, however it just goes on to show how to connect the aircraft, exactly as you have described.

It "feels" as though the controller and P3P are connected properly, but that the app is the problem... it doesn't seem to recognize the controller or aircraft.  I don't know this for certain, it just seems to be the case.

2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

2015-12-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please uninstall the Go App and reload it. Sounds like a tiny glitche someplace.
There is no right rhyme or reason that your device and radio, shouldn't recognize your drone.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 22:11
OK, I changed USB cords.  I started the controller (small left side light is red), then opened the ...

The only thing  i could say is delete that copy of the app off of your phone and download a new copy.Are you getting the app from the playstore?  Where it says"how to connect" ...when everything is working correctly.. that should change and say "enter camera view" when you turn on the RC.
2015-12-13
Use props
mark
New

United States

Fieldstone Posted at 2015-12-13 22:23
The only thing  i could say is delete that copy of the app off of your phone and download a new cop ...

Thanks to both of you gentlemen for your suggestions.  I have already uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it and there was no change.  It's late here, so I will try that tomorrow.  I will also try it with an IPhone 5, if it will work with that phone.  It does sound like a problem with the app, but it's driving me nutz.  I've had this since they came out with the product, but haven't had much time to work with it.  Also, I'm very apprehensive about loading firmware updates and other software requirements.  

When I first received it, the first thing in the manual was to download new firmware, and that frightened me.  I'm just not good with this stuff, and didn't want the thing just flying away, never to be seen again.  Hopefully, you understand my reluctance...  So, with time being tight as an excuse, I sort of dragged my feet on getting it up and going.  I had tried the pilot app inside, and it was very interesting and seemed relatively simple.  It was just the software downloads and update that kept me from proceeding.  But now, it seems so many people have these things that it can't be but so hard, so I started trying to get it up yesterday, when I ran into this problem.  I no longer had the pilot app that I had at first, because I had changed phones.   Anyway, that's my background...  And my jinx with new technology continues...

I'll try again tomorrow, and I really, really, appreciate your help and interest in my situation.  Thanks,  m.
2015-12-13
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 22:48
Thanks to both of you gentlemen for your suggestions.  I have already uninstalled the app, then re ...

Keep us posted.
2015-12-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sad to hear that. I can only hope that there is a reasonable fix, and that you get it figured out soon.
Otherwise, you know the navy routine. Pack it up all pretty, and ship ahoy. . . ;-)

Sorry if that is the eventual outcome, because that is a large pond.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-13
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-13 22:48
Thanks to both of you gentlemen for your suggestions.  I have already uninstalled the app, then re ...

while everything is powered on ,unplug the USB cord from phone, wait a moment then replug it in
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Mark
Please confirm the firmware versions are latest .
DJI Go App : 2.4.2
Aircraft firmware : 1.5.3
RC firmware : 1.5.7
And please try this way : Press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on .
2015-12-14
Use props
bakkerl
lvl.1

Netherlands

If on android, enable "USB debugging". Depending on andoind 4.x of 5.x the way to enable it is different so google for the howto.
After that my device would connect and the "camera view' instead of "how to connect" was shown.

For Samsung S5 howto: https://www.androidpit.com/enabl ... n-samsung-galaxy-s5

2015-12-14
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

I have the same problem !

"And please try this way : Press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on ."

a photo button (this button top make photo right?) How to check RC firmware : 1.5.7 ?? I can not updayt by RC I have done this once I think I have Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.4.0010 and Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030 on aircraft. I can fly but Rc do not connect to android note 3 and also tested samsung s5 I have USB debugging

EDIT: ok working for me ! but I pressed c1 + c2 + photo gallery button first on the right and power off then c1 + c2 + rooler button (right)  and it is working
2015-12-14
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

you need to have connected cable to device ! and do this then app will start and then updayt RC from app !
2015-12-14
Use props
mark
New

United States

Georgi Posted at 2015-12-14 15:01
you need to have connected cable to device ! and do this then app will start and then updayt RC from ...

Gentlemen:  Thank you so much for your concern and help.  I have downloaded the app, deleted it, and downloaded it again in both an IPhone 4S and a Samsung 5.  I have tried multiple cables.  I have tried plugging and unplugging the cable with the controller both powered, and unpowered.  I have tried the C1/C2/shutter buttons at the same time, powered down then back up without releasing the buttons.  And, tried every combination of the above suggestions that I can figure.  I have not updated firmware... it is as it shipped with the P3P.  Assuming that it should at least open the app even with an outdated firmware and software, I can only conclude that there is a problem with the USB plug in the controller.  When I unplug and plug into either phone, I get a single tone but no other change in the screen display (I have discovered how to change from the photo of the Inspire to the P3P... slide the screen from side to side... duh.  Told you that I was technologically challenged!)  Can anyone think of anything else, other than updating the firmware/software (which I am apprehensive to do, considering my luck and skill set with this stuff... I figure that I'll screw everything up if I do that!)  Do you really think that firmware could be the problem, considering everything that I've tried?

Again, thank you so much for your support.  I'd be staring at the thing otherwise...   Mark
2015-12-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think your assumption about there being a problem with the USB port on the controller may be the key. Are you able to take the package to where you bought it and try another controller?
2015-12-14
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

mark@gordon1.co Posted at 2015-12-14 19:19
Gentlemen:  Thank you so much for your concern and help.  I have downloaded the app, deleted it, a ...

By all means stay  with the firmware thats on there for now. Did you try debugging like the person above said?
2015-12-14
Use props
TheDroneWandere
New

United States

Step 1 - Place your finger on the picture of the Inspire 1
Step 2 - Swipe left
2015-12-14
Use props
mark
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-14 19:25
I think your assumption about there being a problem with the USB port on the controller may be the k ...

No, I actually missed the post about debugging, but will try that tomorrow.  Aircraft was purchased from prominent firm in FLA when it first came out, they were the only ones with a package that included a spare battery in stock, so can't try another controller.  I'm sure than others are around, but I don't know who has a P3.  After Christmas, the way that the news media is talking, the sky should be full of them.  Perhaps I could try another controller then.  In the meanwhile, I'll call my supplier for advice... likely will need to send it back to them.  But I'll certainly try debugging first.

Thanks again for all of the assistance.....  I'd be lost without you!!    m
2015-12-14
Use props
djiuser_ORRHMmMCyEAG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Had same problem, swiped left to get Phantom choices, then went to phone/pad Settings , Mobile Hotspot and Tethering, then moved Slider across on USB Tethering, problem solved. Pehaps the App guide might be updated to include this path, l struggled most of the morning to find it. Hope this helps
2021-2-5
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Very basic I know but you are aware that the Go App always opens with the Inspire showing and that you have to swipe it to the left to bring up the other options if it hasn't already been opened with the current drone?
Just a thought.
2021-2-5
Use props
Freddy The Frog
lvl.1

United States

Same exact problem. The ipad mini 2 went through an update and now the RC is connected to the P3Pro and they are talking just fine, the tablet won't acknowledge the RC connection at all.

I think this issue may just be with the iPad software update and it fails to show the P3 series options because of that.

So I have to purchase a new ipad in order for the DJI go app to function as it should?  This is hugely frustrating.  And yes, without the software on an ipad recognizing that you're teathered to your remote control, it only shows the Inspire 1, Inspire 1 pro, and Inspire 1 RAW.  The P3Pro does not come up as an option.

Dead in the water here without the ability to record anything. I can fly without the tablet if I want to, but no video, no fpv, no data can be recorded, so it's of zero value.
2021-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you have a P3P, you have a red record button on the left side of your controller towards the front.  If you press it and let go, a recording should start on the SD card.  Press again to stop the recording.  

As far as the other problem, are you sure you're using the correct procedure to connect?  I like to leave the cable disconnected while I power up the Android.  Then bring up the welcome screen.  Then connect the cable.  Then wait.  The app loads itself.  And all is well.

Once I had a similar problem with my Android.  I'd swipe left to right and the P3P option wouldn't come up.  Just Inspire options.  But then I tried swiping up or down and the P3P option became available.  

Good luck.  
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules