DJI Osmo assembled panorama?
2717 6 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all,

I'm feeling very stupid asking this question but I'm not getting anywhere without help now.

I have the Osmo and everything works fine, there's just the panorama function that I don't get:

I shot a panorama and in the playback section of the Osmo it looks great. Now when I download it from DJI Go, it's just in a small resolution. Now if I download the fotos via the USB cable, I get six different pictures (that are the assembled fotos in the app).

Now my question is: How do I get the panorama picture (just one) in full resolution from my Osmo?

I'm sure you guys can answer that in a heartbeat, I apologize for my stupidity.

The (small resolution panorama) is attached, so you guys can see what I'm after.

Thanks

best

Chris

IMG_7921.JPG
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, currently the panorama can only be stitched by the app. To obtain full resolution panorama, you need to stitch the original photos in the SD card by third party software.
2015-12-14
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Chris,

Like Amy said, the Osmo uses the GO App to generate the panorama preview image on the mobile device and not the Osmo itself. I think to stitch images of that size requires more processing power than the Osmo camera has.

I would suggest taking the images from the camera SD card and using an app like Microsoft Image Composite Editor ( free for Windows ) - http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/
2015-12-14
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-15 00:54
Hi Chris,

Like Amy said, the Osmo uses the GO App to generate the panorama preview image on the mob ...

What would be a good one for Mac?
2015-12-14
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-12-14 19:45
What would be a good one for Mac?

Think Hugin is good - http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
2015-12-14
Use props
chrisslemke
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

thank you all, you've helped me tons.

Happy filming & merry christmas

Chris
2015-12-15
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-15 00:54
Hi Chris,

Like Amy said, the Osmo uses the GO App to generate the panorama preview image on the mob ...

Hi sploodge,

Thanks for the MS ICE suggestion!
This is the PERFECT tool that I looking for!

Set
2015-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules