DJI GO APP 2.4.3 ( Android AND IOS ) - OSMO Goodies :)
5676 36 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT 19-12-15 ( December 19th for those who use the wrong date format ): DJI have managed to match the version numbers and suprisingly the features between the IOS and Android version of the App. Both these versions match up now with the exception of some wordings. See below for IPS screenshots.

DJI Have relased a new update fpr the DJI GO App for Android version 2.4.3 and it now has Microphone GAIN YAY!. Overall apart from the mic gain option, its a refined version of 2.4.2 in terms of the Osmo anyway. Enjoy

NOTE: Mic Gain feature requires a new firmware that should drop soon..

Changes in this version are as follows.
WHAT'S NEW
- A revamped Osmo interface with quick access menus for the camera and gimbal.
- Optimized the volume for sound recording and operations in Selfie mode.
- The Home Point resetting feature is now supported by the Lightbridge 2 plus A2 flight control system.

Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-27-48.png
Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-35-18.png

One of the biggest changes is that addition of the "Mic Gain" option that many have been asking for..
Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-32-34.png
Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-32-40.png

There is also some minor layout changes and spelling
Screenshot_2015-12-14-08-33-48.png
IOS Screenshots.
1.png
Notice some working difference between Android and IOS
2.png

3.png
More working differences
4.png
Swipe right for these options to power off, sleep and lock the device rotation ( in Android also )
5.png
In IOS, the color option remains under camera options in settings, in Android its not there.
6.png
The option to view firmware is now in IOS too.
7.png
Note the difference in IOS where it also tells you the particular module version also ( can compare it to the log file after firmware updates if you have issues )
8.png

2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing, sploodge!
2015-12-14
Use props
job.genders
lvl.2

Netherlands

Well i'll put my OSMO back in the packaging, and wait for the Inverted thumbstick feature... perhaps next christmas... New batteries dont go to waste.
2015-12-14
Use props
ddunbar1972
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-14
Use props
ddunbar1972
Ban Posts

United States

2015-12-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is also a little microphone meter at the bottom of the screen to monitor levels.
Screenshot_2015-12-14-20-16-27.png
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ddunbar1972 Posted at 2015-12-15 02:30
These new features do not even work...

Hi, the mic gain funtion need to be used with the new firmware which will be available soon.
2015-12-14
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Amy,
seasoned P2V+ user here and have just added osmo. DJI go not working for me on osmo. Phone is android 4.1.2- djigo is latest 2.4.3. All registered ok but when I start camera mode on DJIGO i get "unfortunately djigo has stopped working" (it didn't start and I cannot get beyond this message.) I have cleared cache and am in airplane mode.  I have reloaded djigo several times to no effect. Osmo also updated with latest firmware.
Help required please.
Rod and the cat.
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-15 05:29
I have made a video showing various gain settings and their effects on the audio itself. This was wi ...

Sorry, sploodge, this new function need to be used with the next firmware which is during the final test period.
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-15 14:31
Hi Amy,
seasoned P2V+ user here and have just added osmo. DJI go not working for me on osmo. Phone i ...

Hi, rod, what mobile device do you use? It seems like a compatibility issue of the mobile phone. Have you tried another device? What's more, if you get the crash again, please export the crash log file and upload it here. Thanks.
mobile device/sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2015-12-14
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 19:40
Hi, rod, what mobile device do you use? It seems like a compatibility issue of the mobile phone. Ha ...

Hi Amy, the phone is an LG.  Your advertising stated android 4.1 2 was ok though, that's why I bought the OSMO. My phantom P2v+ works fine on this phone so I didn't really want another phone.
Rod and the cat
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-15 14:44
Hi Amy, the phone is an LG.  Your advertising stated android 4.1 2 was ok though, that's why I bou ...

DJI GO app:
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
Sorry for that, can you send me the crash log?
2015-12-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 01:58
Hi, the mic gain funtion need to be used with the new firmware which will be available soon.

DJI teasing us with new features
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-15 15:56
DJI teasing us with new features

Sorry about that. We will make it more clear next time.
2015-12-15
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 19:56
DJI GO app:
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs  ...

hi Amy, thanks for the swift reply. Where do I find the crash log? the program never started, so would something be on the memory card? I couldn't see anything of note..
Rod and the cat ps: this is for the osmo not a phantom.
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-15 18:45
hi Amy, thanks for the swift reply. Where do I find the crash log? the program never started, so wo ...

Crash log: Mobile device/sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH. After the app popped out the "unfortunately dji go has stopped working" message, you should be able to find a crash txt file.
2015-12-15
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Amy , I have found it but don't know how to save the html file to send to you. Any thoughts?
Rod
2015-12-15
Use props
ddunbar1972
Ban Posts

United States

2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-16 11:22
Hi Amy , I have found it but don't know how to save the html file to send to you. Any thoughts?
Rod

You can reply me and click on the Advanced, then you can use the attach function to attach the files.
2015-12-15
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-16 20:14
You can reply me and click on the Advanced, then you can use the attach function to attach the fil ...

Hi Amy,
well I went and bought a huwai p8 as recommended on your list of phones. Running android 5. But when I went to playstore DJI go isn't there! so I tried to download using google and it said that this device is not compatible! What is going on here? I have spent a fortune on this phone from your list. Please confirm that the software will run on android 5 as per your approved list. I am already hacked off that it wont run on 4.1.2 as you state it will. Please advise. PS. the app is there in playstore on my phone running 4.1.2  
Update: DJIgo now appears and I have downloaded it. But I cannot get the camera to connect on wifi- it is not even showing as a device.  What have I missed out? it shows on my old phone wifi (although the app wont run, hence the new phone.)

Rod
2015-12-16
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-17 20:13
Hi Amy,
well I went and bought a huwai p8 as recommended on your list of phones. Running android 5. ...

Update2 : I reset the osmo to factory defaults and all is now working. I must have corrupted the osmo wifi link somehow. all good now.
Rod and the cat
2015-12-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-18 07:58
Update2 : I reset the osmo to factory defaults and all is now working. I must have corrupted the o ...

Great to hear that your Osmo works well now. By the way, the recommend android version is 4.4. If you can't connect the wifi, try to reset the wifi setting of Osmo and connect it again. What's more, could you tell me your exact type of your LG mobile phone?
2015-12-17
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-18 20:51
Great to hear that your Osmo works well now. By the way, the recommend android version is 4.4. If y ...

Hi Amy, my LG phone is model number LGP768n running android 4.1.2 .It should work according to your specs but doesn't. The new huawei p8 is working now but I would love to know why the LG P768n wouldn,t.
Rod and the cat
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2015-12-19 06:07
Hi Amy, my LG phone is model number LGP768n running android 4.1.2 .It should work according to you ...

I understand, do you have any crash files of DJI GO on your LG phone? Crash log: Mobile device/sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH. After the app popped out the "unfortunately dji go has stopped working" message, you should be able to find a crash txt file.
2015-12-18
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated thread to reflect the new IOS GO App version 2.4.3 released today ( December 19th )
2015-12-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-14 20:58

Soon? To most people soon means between 1 - 7 day.s The adapter for osmo x5 iwas going to be avalible
"Soon" and that was over 2 months ago, so please tell me what is DJI's defenition of soon?
2015-12-19
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

updated the app on my android and noticed the " selfie " mode is missing from the gimbal menu option....only shows " recenter " & " Orientation Lock "

also noticed that the mic gain option ( - & + ) allows me to increase or decrease the values as well as hitting default resets it to 30 on the IOS version of the app however the same does not apply to the android version.
why is there no consistency ? Surely these things can be tested prior to release??

im afraid to post this on some other forums in case i get flamed for being negative....but i appreciate any comments. Maybe its something im doing wrong?
2015-12-19
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

further update

the selfie option in gimbal on the app on my ipad air 2 does not activate selfie mode...i have to use the trigger on the osmo

DJI..am i missing something here or am i the only one noticing these firmware fails??
PLEASE tell me.
2015-12-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2015-12-19 22:06
updated the app on my android and noticed the " selfie " mode is missing from the gimbal menu option ...

Tested the selfie option on a Galaxy tab S2 and its there and works fine on my device. What device are you using?

The audio gain option requires a new firmware so the differences you are seeing is likely how the two different OS's interpret the hardware commands. I'm not an app developer but since firmware is needed to make it work, and discrepancies in how it currently "does not work" in wither case, I would say is down to the OS.
2015-12-20
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2015-12-19 22:48
further update

the selfie option in gimbal on the app on my ipad air 2 does not activate selfie mod ...

Again, tested on an iPad mini 3 with IOS 9 and works OK.. if its something you can replicate always then hopefully DJI-Amy will pick it up and report it to the devs.

Same goes for the selfie mode being missing from your Android devices interface..
2015-12-20
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

How can I make a Youtube live streaming from the Osmo??
2015-12-20
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabricioE Posted at 2015-12-20 12:30

Not possible at the moment.. Since the Osmo uses the WiFi to connect it would leave the streaming to use 3G or 4G.

Its something that has been mentioned but not sure if it will happen and how far down the roadmap it will be..
2015-12-20
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-12-20 17:13
Again, tested on an iPad mini 3 with IOS 9 and works OK.. if its something you can replicate alway ...

The Selfie option is missing on both my Nvdia Shield and My Note 3--both latest app and Operating System--

The Selfie Mode option is there on my Ipad Air 2 IOS 9.2  and latest App but does not work..

Ate you saying that this option is there on your Android device and working-and it is also working on your IOS devices?

Thanks

Jack
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-21 04:02
The Selfie option is missing on both my Nvdia Shield and My Note 3--both latest app and Operating  ...

The Selfie option is available in both version v2.4.3 DJI GO app. This function also can't be used right now, since it's designed for the next firmware release. The design of app is now a little ahead of he firmware release. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2015-12-20
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-21 11:14
The Selfie option is available in both version v2.4.3 DJI GO app. This function also can't be used ...

Amy--the selfie option is not there in both my android devices with the latest App and the latest Android operating system!!

Understand now that is needs new firmware to work but the option is there in IOS IPADS but not on My Android SHIELD or My Note 3

Jack
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-22 00:05
Amy--the selfie option is not there in both my android devices with the latest App and the latest  ...

Hi, I am sorry that I've made a mistake, selfie is not available in Android version. Although it's available in IOS version, it can't be used right now since it needs the next firmware. Sorry for the inconvenience again.
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

FabricioE Posted at 2015-12-20 20:30

This function is currently not available for Osmo.
2015-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules