Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rode SmartLav Plus not working with OSMO [SOLUTION]
4690 7 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I did my research before I purchesed the Osmo and I knew that the audio straight off the device wouldn't be of high quality.

I have a Rode SmartLav Plus mic and I thought that I would use this to capture audio.
However, I tried this today and the only think that I can hear when I connect the mic is a high pitched sound.
I know that other members here have reported this problem but in my case I can't hear any recorded sound at along with the high pitched noise. I only hear the noise.

Could you please let me know if this a problem that's going to be addressed with a firmware update or if this mic is not compatible altogether?

Thanks so much!
2015-12-14
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

rode smartlav plus wont work...incompatible socket in the osmo for this popular high end lav.
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

These are the compatible device we've fully tested:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
But I've seen many other kinds of Mic which can be compatible. Check this link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
2015-12-14
Use props
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you for the replies.
What is the specifications of the connector then? I have found an adapter from Rode that turns the connector from a three ring to two ring one. Would this work?
2015-12-15
Use props
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For all Rode Smartlav users: The Rode adapter (SC3) worked like a charm. It makes the microphone compatible with the Osmo.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

la2a Posted at 2015-12-17 03:56
For all Rode Smartlav users: The Rode adapter (SC3) worked like a charm. It makes the microphone com ...

Thanks for sharing.
2015-12-16
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-15 02:42
These are the compatible device we've fully tested:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Eirlink Posted at 2015-12-24 07:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKLFPv_dmyE

Thanks, Eirlink, I am still waiting for the original files from customers. Do you have the same audio problem?
1) Does the videos in the SD card have the same audio issue? Please send me the original  files in the SD card.
2) Please change another video player or try to play it in different computer. Since we've got feedback that customer change another player and the delay disappeared.
3) What mic did you use? If you're using wireless mic, then it might be the wireless transmission delay. Please test internal mic or wired mic.
4)If the test result still have the audio delay problem, please send the original files in the SD card as soon as possible. Those files are very precious for us to locate the delay reason. Thank you very much.
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules