3758 46 2015-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just relaeased by the FAA. All Quads over one half pound must be registered. Registration starts December 21, 2015. Fee is $5.oo. An operator will receive one registration number to use and the registration must be on your person when flying.

2015-12-14
Use props
jaron
lvl.2

United States

http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

There is the link!  
2015-12-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jaron@bgoarchit Posted at 2015-12-14 13:55
http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/

There is the link!

Sorry, I probably should have done that?
2015-12-14
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-12-14 14:02
Sorry, I probably should have done that?

I think I'll pass on the registration thing.
2015-12-14
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-14 16:11
I think I'll pass on the registration thing.

You can be fined $250.000 and up to 5 years in prison if found guilty
2015-12-14
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

211 pages of non-sense, our government is hilarious.
2015-12-14
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger that.
2015-12-14
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-12-14 16:20
211 pages of non-sense, our government is hilarious.

Richard, I agree with you that I hate when the government gets involved.

But I would rather have registration on me if something was to ever happen in public.

PLEASE NOTE: ITS FREE TO REGISTER UNTIL JANUARY 20th, 2016
2015-12-14
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

Since they are going ahead with the registration process they should at least do it right. Not having to provide serial numbers for your registeted drones can cause a problem for the owner. If someone puts your registration number on their drone  and does something stupid with it, it is going to come back to the owner who is then going to have to prove that it is not his. This is going to open up all kinds of issues.
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yeach, at least it's only 5 bucks, or even free till the end of the January
2015-12-14
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

Good point btamkins, they should at least do it right. What is the FAA thinking.
2015-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-12-14 13:20
You can be fined $250.000 and up to 5 years in prison if found guilty

That's soooo BS. Can you say scare tactic ?
Yah I know that's the propaganda they are pushing on the FAA site.
Rich
2015-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-14 18:46
yeach, at least it's only 5 bucks, or even free till the end of the January

Everything starts this way and before you know it .... $100 bucks a year
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-15 10:54
Everything starts this way and before you know it .... $100 bucks a year

yes, I guess your are right, their appetite will grow
2015-12-14
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has to be free and include all RC flying models or I'm out.  Plain discrimination.
2015-12-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-12-14 22:58
It has to be free and include all RC flying models or I'm out.  Plain discrimination.

How do you propose to be "out"?  Five years in prison would definitely put you "in."
2015-12-15
Use props
pxfctry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a Section 333 commercial operation, we pay $5 to register each aircraft for an N number and that price is very reasonable and the same price as full scale aircraft. Please register your systems for sake of the whole community from commercial to hobby. I think we have one of the safest NAS operations in the world, let's keep it that way.

From FAA,
"registration heightens public awareness about what safe UAS operations look like. In addition, registration establishes a shared understanding that operating this type of aircraft for business or pleasure comes with certain responsibilities and expectations and that the public will be watching for and reporting bad actors, just as they do today for other safety and security-related concerns. Registration also enables us to educate UAS owners on safe operations."
2015-12-15
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-12-14 21:58

It does include ALL UAV's  ......... planes, helis, and multirotors.  The AMA is up in arms about it, as they were consulted by the FAA, then ignored.  The AMA's position was that their members should be exempt.  The FAA disagreed.
2015-12-15
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Look, I personally think it could have been a LOT worse.

We all knew SOMETHING was coming.
Its free until the January 20th and its ONE registration number that you can put on all your aircraft(s).
You can put the registration number underneath your battery if you don't want anyone else to see the number. And its good for 3 years.

Now I just hope that it STAYS that way. Just like road tolls, it starts low then every year they try to increase it.
I do NOT want the government to look at responsible pilots as PROFIT CENTERS.
I am happy the AMA is opposing this.
For now, while its easy, I recommend doing the FREE 3-year registration and keep enjoying the hobby and or profession.

Whether you register or not, they can still track it back to you. Avoid the headaches.
2015-12-15
Use props
kencory
lvl.1

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-15 08:52

Yup, we knew something was coming, and it still is.  Everything I hear in releases and the words of the Man--Transp Secretary--tells me that they're just getting warmed up when it come to rulemaking, class taking, etc. etc.  I'm resigned to the inevitable, kiss flights of freedom goodbye.

Hope I'm wrong.
2015-12-15
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

One question where can I find the birds serial number inspire and p3?
This was bound to happen lots of kids will be in jail via poor judgement on the parents part no doubt.

Ty

Mike
2015-12-15
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Petegould,     Just don't fly the junk anymore and stick to my full size machine.  haa
2015-12-15
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I disagree with the FAA. Has there ever been an incident where a drone/UAV had caused an aircraft, commercial or private to crash? When I purchased the inspire 1 it was to have fun. I'm an adult not a 15 year old punk kid. How about you have to be at least 18 years of age to fly the inspire 1. I like that much better than forcing Americans to register and pay a fee. Where does the government come up with the laws and who is passing them? Really? What is the USA coming too? Truly pisses me off.

For those that think this is a great thing, wait a few more years from now and tell me what you think! It's not a great thing what the FAA is doing. Punish us all due to punks doing stupid things. Arrest them and go after them!
2015-12-15
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What bothers me is that if someone gets your id number they can use it for illegally and get me in trouble.
2015-12-16
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-15 11:52

This is the tip of the iceberg, it will get much more intrusive and much more expensive
2015-12-16
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

pxfctry@me.com Posted at 2015-12-15 09:32
As a Section 333 commercial operation, we pay $5 to register each aircraft for an N number and that  ...

So... as a commercial operation operating under a 333 exemption, tell me: how do you ensure the aircraft is a minimum of 500' away from all uninvolved people, vehicles and structures from takeoff through landing?  Are you always 500' away from all roads, sidewalks, buildings and neighboring properties?  That's an awfully long distance (but still the minimum separation required for ALL commercial 333 exemptions at the current time).  I'm betting most 333 exemptions are violating this either with or without knowing it.
2015-12-16
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@PeteGould nope we sure aren't. Even flying as a hobby as I am. Its impossible unless you are on a 1,000 acres of land with no roads, people or anything for that matter. How does a professional with a 333 comply 100% with this? I doubt it.

What I want to know and have asked around is this... if you have a 333 do you have to have a licensed pilot to stand over you if you are flying doing a photo or video shoot? If so, how can anyone afford to work and then having to pay a pilot. This has to be the biggest joke on the face of the planet.
2015-12-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-18 23:02
Why would having a registration on you if something happened make you feel better?
Simply, Man up. ...

It would make me feel better when I don't have to get raped with fines.

I agree I don't want this registration thing to happen, but what do you expect? We are the target to media turmoil and people fear what they don't know anything about. No one out there is saying "Na it's cool guys, drones are okay" all the stories are "drone explodes in little baby's face" or something along those lines.

It's the way things are right now, and sadly, you are right, it's only going to pick away at our rights and get worse.

2015-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-18 20:05
Not only that, but it's a Civil Fine.  Do you know what that means? It means that it isn't a crimi ...

This is a sad day for all of us.

You are spot on

Rich
2015-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-18 20:09
You aren't.  You all will let them do this, and sign up for your little registration.
In a few yea ...

I hope you are wrong, but this seems to be the target

DJI will be reduced to selling the OSMO
Rich
2015-12-19
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

FWIW, the AMA is fighting registration.  I'm a member.  Numbers count.  

Hold Off On Registering Model Aircraft
http://amablog.modelaircraft.org ... ing-model-aircraft/
2015-12-19
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Sorry guys, this is all a bunch of crap about nothing. Don't understand why everyones all up in arms. Much a do about nothing
2015-12-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-19 17:02
What I expect is for you to be a man... and stand up for your rights as an American!

FB
I am posting this here too

Yes, people have been fighting back for many years and I belong as a leader member of the AMA. Just like Obama care this crap passes. This means now that all model aircraft flown from a ground station (remote) has to be registered period.  All of the work that AMA has been doing just got thrown out!!

"The Academy of Model Aeronautics, based in Muncie, Indiana, USA, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of model aviation as a recognized sport as well as a recreational activity. It is the largest organization of its kind with a current membership of more than 140,000 members.

Founded in 1936, the AMA is the official national body for model aviation in the United States. They sanction more than one thousand model competitions, and an increasing number of non-competitive Fly-in events for member aeromodelers throughout the country each year, charter more than 2500 model airplane clubs and offer contest sanctioning, liability insurance and the procurement of flying sites. In addition, they also certify official model flying records."

I believe the members are well over 140K strong

Rich
2015-12-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-12-20 07:39
Sorry guys, this is all a bunch of crap about nothing. Don't understand why everyones all up in arms ...

bdeck

This is the beginning of the end of model aviation as we know it today. It is a big deal and folks better start waking up or our government will take all of our freedoms away because of the dumb asses out there.

The problem is the regulations will start innocent enough and then  bam... they will take it over.

Hitler took all the guns away from the people, so the would be safer..  really.... how did that work out?

Rich
2015-12-20
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Overreaching a bit aren't we?  Connecting the dots between drone registration and gun conifcation?  This seems like a better discussion for a survialist forum
2015-12-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-12-21 06:52
Overreaching a bit aren't we?  Connecting the dots between drone registration and gun conifcation?   ...

Well it is here. Just another tax. Problem is, with a $27,500 fine per offense, they will find a way to enforce it.
Alarming point is that all registration numbers are public info. If your neighbor has it info you and sees you flying you better buckle up!
2015-12-21
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-12-21 13:09
If your neighbor has it info you and sees you flying you better buckle up!

The only way they are going to get the number is to get up close and personal with your UAV.  The FAA says the number can be in the battery compartment, as long as tools are not required to see it.  It's not going to be like a tail number on a full size aircraft.

As far as public information..... for someone to look you up, they have to have your FAA number.  They can't put in your name or a wild card search.  The only search box will be for the FAA number.

It is supposed to be pretty much the same as the full size aircraft database.   http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx

2015-12-21
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-18 23:00
Fined, for what?   Not following an illegally passed "law" by bureaucrats that have no authority t ...

Hay man I am with you. Do as you wish
2015-12-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-12-14 19:58

FAA regs now include all rc aircraft by weight above .55 pounds  rc airplanes, drones, and multi rotor UAS. On the FAA website.
2015-12-23
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-15 21:33
I disagree with the FAA. Has there ever been an incident where a drone/UAV had caused an aircraft, c ...

It almost happened in the ski slopes in Europe yesterday the guy was very lucky look it up on youtube or on your local news.
2015-12-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules