Bloody Stupid Darn Upgrade..oh wait, its me :-)
780 4 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max
lvl.3

South Africa

So I plugged in my PV2V3, upraded everything and went to the beach...

Did the calibration, check, radio, check, iPhone, check, all ready, check... throttle up, damn, no half throttle only.. no liftoff..eeeeeekkkk, horror
Re-check everything, throttle up, damn, half speed, no liftoff, dangerously danglin to one side....
Gasp, could all the horror stories be true?????

My 12 year old son.,..  " Dad, is that not the forward stick? "

Oops, my bad, uhum... Throttle stick, perfect takoff

Laughed my ass off

2014-12-27
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Ahh, It is only a bad experience if you did not learn anything, grasshopper
2014-12-27
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I did a way point flight one time, turned on video( I thought everything is good) the flight took 6 minutes. Downloaded the video after I landed to watch, and son-of -a- gun if I only had one minute of video.Gee I was pissing and moaning my fricken camera was bad etc. Come to find out in all my nervousness I mistakenly turned the video off after a minute with out realizing it! Was so happy the next day when I flew again and had ALL the video. I learned from that mistake.
2014-12-27
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

tomwolves585@gm Posted at 2014-12-28 07:12
I did a way point flight one time, turned on video( I thought everything is good) the flight took 6  ...

Good one Tom!
I think we all make small mistakes from time to time, and the weird thing is, we don't even realize it!
Society is pre programming us to shift blame
Me, I just take it on the chin, learn something, and try to be more careful next time. :-)
2014-12-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

We have all done something silly in the heat of the moment, the excitement gets the better of us, my personal one was trying to hand catch my phantom in a brisk wind while in ATTI mode, having forgot to switch to GPS before trying to catch it and wondering why the bloody thing will not keep still......
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules