1194 12 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
William E. Burr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228698 ft
United States

Dear Members,
Mandatory registration starts December 21, 2015.
If you fail to comply you are subject to civil and criminal penalties.
There is a $5.00 fee.
Happy Flying.
William E. Burrows Jr.
2015-12-15
Use props
tonylovesale
New

United States

Only problem I see is that , it says we can't fly over private property, yet Airplanes fly over my property, why are our drones being left out, this is BS
2015-12-15
Use props
Jerrymoran
New
Flight distance : 239754 ft
Panama

I plan to take my P3 to the  US for vacation this December and return in two weeks... Should I register?  Also, will there be any problems in US Customs if I take it on the plane in my DJI Backpack?
2015-12-15
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-15
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

tonylovesale@gm Posted at 2015-12-15 11:19
Only problem I see is that , it says we can't fly over private property, yet Airplanes fly over my p ...

Because their not as intrusive as a lower flying UAV can be.
2015-12-15
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

tonylovesale@gm Posted at 2015-12-15 06:19
Only problem I see is that , it says we can't fly over private property, yet Airplanes fly over my p ...

(A) Someone flying over your property taking aerial photographs to update maps should not be considered an invasion of privacy.
(B) An airliner flying over your house at 30,000 feet isn't likely to discover you naked in the shower.

I'm not an attorney and I'm trying to be tongue-in-cheek.

When I fly, I mostly fly in a local park. I avoid the few crowds there (including people fishing), pets and children. I mostly fly on weekdays to help keep congestion down, so to speak. I'm pretty law abiding and most of the comments I get are questions, not threats.

Sometimes, I *do* fly for test purposes up and down the street where I live. There are a very few side yards or front yards (lots of big lots in my neighborhood) I sometimes fly over - very briefly - but there are some where I think a particular neighbor might be a bit of a grouch. I avoid those!

Personally, I think the registration is going to become a bit of a joke. Many years ago, this was pretty much the approach taken with CB radio. Many "registered" i.e., obtained a license. Many did not. Over the years, adding insult to injury, the FCC continued to decrease their field staff (those who investigate violations and offenses). Eventually, the fad/craze of CB diminished significantly. One never reads anymore about violations from CB owners/operators.

Personally, and on a total side-step, I think the week after this coming Christmas is going to be fascinating. Thousands upon thousands of new owners are going to rip open the box, charge the battery, discard the manual, go flying and crash, crash, crash.

Of course, eventually, there will be companies producing camera-carrying drones for peanuts (like $300 and under) and the craze will continue.

At least that's how I see doomsday for drones! LOL

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-15
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-15 07:33
And we are under the microscope by people like google ,yet thats ok. Do as i say, not as i do.

Many people scream bloody murder these days about invasion of privacy. I wonder how many of them realize how much information is being obtained because they are cell phone owners/users?

Personally, I'd like to thank everyone who has a cell phone while in their car. The information gathered helps me see where the busy and non-busy intersections/roads are located. A great benefit even though their privacy is sort of being invaded. I don't know who they are - exactly - but where they are at a given time is good information to me if I look at Google maps!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-15
Use props
jtingley77
New

United States

I live in alaska with the largest population of bush pilots/airplanes. And they frequently fly around my area under 400ft. And about the not flying over private property. Im not in my drone looking down at the public im in transit. Not regestering. How many times has the faa walked up to you and asked you to produce identification? Cant say its ever happened.
2015-12-15
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

tonylovesale@gm Posted at 2015-12-15 19:19

Could you point me to the place where it says you can't fly over private property? It would be helpful to know rather than take someone's word for it.
2015-12-15
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

" Thousands upon thousands of new owners are going to rip open the box, charge the battery, discard the manual, go flying and crash, crash, crash."

Don't forget, "return UAV to box, place in attic (until I fly again). There is it sits until the next community garage sale..."
2015-12-15
Use props
William E. Burr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228698 ft
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-12-15 11:07
Could you point me to the place where it says you can't fly over private property? It would be hel ...

Dear Arives,
Thats I very good question, if you can't fly over property, you are basically banned from the skies.
I can not believe this is true. If it is true (LOOKS LIKE THE HOBBY IS REDUCED TO CARS and BOATS).
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
2015-12-15
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11349537 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-15 06:57
Many people scream bloody murder these days about invasion of privacy. I wonder how many of them r ...

You're so right about this. Lets not also forget facebookers too. Really, big brother has it so easy these days. Youve got people broadcasting their habits all day, routinely checking in everywhere they go, posting pics of themselves, their friends, and tagging everyone they know... As Arsenio Hall used to say, "things that make you go hmmm."
2015-12-15
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules