Look what came in this afternoon
2004 36 2015-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Look what arrived and is under the tree! Wife is going to let me have it before Christmas and 2 Batteries. I'm over the top excited!
smart charger.jpg
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

That's thrilling !  Merry christmas !
2015-12-15
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I can't wait to open the box. My wife said I could but darn I feel guilty doing so. It's not Christmas for 10 more days.
2015-12-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holly cow SS  you have three chargers.....

Nice Christmas at your house this year  

Rich
2015-12-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

such a great gift!
2015-12-15
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-12-16 12:13
Holly cow SS  you have three chargers.....

Nice Christmas at your house this year  

Holy crap 3 chargers? I haven't unboxed but gezzz it is heavy as get out. I hope she didn't get 3. I just needed 1. lol I'll update with the results. I did tell her 2 batteries and 1 charger. lol
2015-12-15
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-16 12:16
Ours came in a 3-pack carton, too.

I think they ship them to distributors this way and some of th ...

Hey paul ! I liked that.. Can't wait to start using it. Considering the two new batteries are not updated should I do this first before charging them?
2015-12-15
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

That's awesome!
2015-12-16
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@Paul , now I'm afraid to open the box. I don't need 2-3 charging stations just 2 extra batteries. My wife happens to be one of the most giving person I've ever known. I say "hey, I need this or that" and she buys it or tells me to go out and get it. I'm more reserved and she is the opposite of most women. She never ask for much. But I always take care of her and at Christmas time I hit home runs!
2015-12-16
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet!!!!!!!!
2015-12-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am SO JELLY
2015-12-16
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

lol @ teamnest1 and I'm scared to open it. Afraid she purchased 3 instead of just 1.
2015-12-16
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's it good for??   
2015-12-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-16 12:12
lol @ teamnest1 and I'm scared to open it. Afraid she purchased 3 instead of just 1.

That would be nice!  

But congrats my friend! Now you have yourself one of the best chargers out there.
2015-12-16
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Probably the best 3rd party charger in the market right meow.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Cool deal. I can not wait to see what I might get this year.

Dave
2015-12-16
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Dave please tell us when you find out. I still haven't opened it. Going to wait till Christmas. Wife said I could open the box anytime I wanted!
2015-12-16
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

It's one of the best inspire 1 charges on the market. It will charge 4 batteries at once, 2 controllers, iPads etc etc..  
2015-12-16
Use props
larsjoh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-17 12:28
It's one of the best inspire 1 charges on the market. It will charge 4 batteries at once, 2 contro ...

Don't want to rain on your parade, but be careful,  there has been several reports that this charger is not fully charging the batteries (after fully charged by smart-charger the oem charger keeps going).
Also reports that calibration of batteries not working properly.
Again just an fyi to be careful, might be all good.
2015-12-17
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah you're not allowed to open before Santa has been or you end up on the naughty list...
2015-12-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

larsjoh@me.com Posted at 2015-12-17 13:30
Don't want to rain on your parade, but be careful,  there has been several reports that this charg ...

@larsjoh that is the first I have heard of this. In fact Paul has never mentioned this. He is an expert on this device and has written tons of information on charging batteries and the smart charger. I appreciate the feedback and will check this out and talk with Paul to get his opinion.  Thanks!
2015-12-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-12-17 15:14
Yeah you're not allowed to open before Santa has been or you end up on the naughty list...

I'm looking at the box right now. I walk by it a few times a day. Man, it is tempting and I can if I want. Wife has given the stamp of approval. But figured I'd wait it out.  
2015-12-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-16 04:49
Perhaps your wife got confused with what you wanted and bought one battery and two chargers...

@PaulKerry,  can you advise on what larsjoh stated about the charging system having known issues? This is a first for me.
2015-12-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@Paul thanks so much. I appreciate it. I'll let everyone know when I do my first charge if I have an issue. But to be honest I haven't read one bad review about the company nor their charging system.
Paul, when you place your batteries in the smart charger, does it discharge the batteries down to 8% then starts doing the full charging process?
2015-12-18
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-18 18:00
It's a first for me, too. I've never heard such a thing.

If the voltage rail is lower than it shou ...

Just like to add that this topic and issues with the charger has been discussed at length on the Inspire 1 on Rc Groups. Manufacturer has been contacted and updates requested.
A second issue that has been questioned seems to be with the callibration of the batteries.
I am not posting this to stir anything up just saying there might be issues. Hope there is not and would be great if this turns out to be nothing at all. Just saying there has been a lot of chatter on the subject.

Disclaimer: I do not own this charger, like to but backed out when reports started to come.

2015-12-18
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@Cougar - I've never heard anything negative about this charger and know of a few members here that own this unit and have not had an incident or complaints. I'll let you know if I have an issue. Just curious where are the complaints located at- what forum postings etc.. ?
2015-12-18
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-19 10:11
@Cougar - I've never heard anything negative about this charger and know of a few members here that  ...

Take a look at this it is some of the complaints regarding the charger:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 80074&page=3259
Hope some info helps, happy New Year all.
2015-12-31
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-19 10:11
@Cougar - I've never heard anything negative about this charger and know of a few members here that  ...

Sorry doubble post
2015-12-31
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

double post
2015-12-31
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2015-12-31 07:51
Take a look at this it is some of the complaints regarding the charger:

http://www.rcgroups.com/f ...

As with any product there can arise an issue. Thus far I have had no problem. Why are you so BIG on determining to put this charger down?

Do you own one?

Two other members here on the board have the same charger that I do and have no known issues. I'm the third.

I appreciate your feedback, but I think I can take it from here.
2015-12-31
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-31 23:14
As with any product there can arise an issue. Thus far I have had no problem. Why are you so BIG o ...

No need to be like that, all I posted was that some people have concerns. Have never posted anything remotely bad about this product, why so defensive with caps and all?
You take offence to any questioning?
2015-12-31
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@Cougar1 - No need to get upset. I wasn't even upset. If I had written the entire message in all caps I could understand, but I didn't. I apologize if I offended you and hope you accept my apology. I appreciate the posting and your concerns. If I have an issue I'll be sure to let you know.
2015-12-31
Use props
offshorecl1
lvl.2

Belgium

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-12-16 13:17
@Paul , now I'm afraid to open the box.  I don't need 2-3 charging stations just 2 extra batteries ...

she has a twin sister? :-))
2015-12-31
Use props
Prototype
New

United States

SS, Aren't you the guy that wants to do farms for your neighbors crops? Then said you don't do aerial stuff for a living? Then said FAA is raining on our Parade of drone usage? And you need/want a four charger system for hobby? Hell my ford f350 will charge as fast as I can burn a p3p battery with a stock charger. Guess your homebound and don't do road work or anything not near a wall outlet?
Happy New year!
2015-12-31
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The reported issues are

Not fully charging packs, batteries coming off around 97% charged

Not correctly discharging the battery to 3.35v for calibration,

to be clear i don't have one or have any issues with the company but a number of users are very unhappy with their purchase, look in that thread posted you will see some comments posted from folks than have spent good money on this charger.

Im watching very closely to see some more reports before i make my own judgment.
2015-12-31
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Prototype Posted at 2015-12-31 18:10
SS, Aren't you the guy that wants to do farms for your neighbors crops? Then said you don't do aeria ...

Prototype - I'm retired, actually, and live on our ranch. My wife is the one who purchased the smart charger for me as a Christmas gift! I have lots of B.I.G B.O.Y toys, and when you get my age, you can too!

Yes, I also have a F350 diesel... 2016 son! And no, I don't do aerial for a living. I like the idea of charging multiple batteries at one time rather than waiting for one after another to charge. It helps me to check on our livestock. Ever tried driving across 1,000 acres of land and checking fence and livestock? The inspire 1 does it in no time but the run time on the batteries just isn't enough time.

@Prototype if you have an F350 you know good and well we have outlets in the truck. But try charging 4 batteries in the F350 and get back to us letting us know how long it took. It takes one hour per battery in the house.

Yes, I don't like the ruling in regards to the FAA. And if I'm taking a stand and disagree doesn't mean I plan to come out and do aerial for a living. It wouldn't even put a dent in our fuel expenses to run our ranch equipment.

Paul here on the forum and Rich both have the charging system and have no known issues from what I've been told. I trust them both and value their opinions.

Happy New Year everyone… Drive Safe!

smartcharger 1.JPG
smartcharger 2.JPG
2015-12-31
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I also would like to add, that if you don't have this charging system, then you have no physical method of knowing if the charging system has issues. You are speculating and or reading a few negative posts. As with any product, you will have defects and it doesn't mean the entire batch is bad. If... I find an issue, I will make notice of it. But thus far I'm a happy camper and just becuase you have the smart charging system doesn't mean you are flying for a living.

I wish each and everyone of you an AMAZING NEW YEAR! Remember, drive safe...

2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules