DJI GO 2.4.3 librairy problem
1774 21 2015-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helicoman
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone
I have a problem with 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 DJI GO app on my tablet 8S (phantom P3A)
When I go to librairy I click on picture everything works well. But, if I go on video and I click on a video file, the DJI GO app closed and I can't make video edition
With version 2.4.1, everything is OK
Do you know this problem? do you have a solution ?
thanks for your help
Kind regards
Alain

2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What may be happening is if your not using a approved device, the newer version of the GO app requires more processing power. Here's the list of devices that work. If not using a device on the list, you may get the app to work but it may be slow, or it may crash, and have other issues.

iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-16
Use props
helicoman
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-16 18:23
What may be happening is if your not using a approved device, the newer version of the GO app requir ...

I don't thinks it's the reason , many people use samsung galaxy tab 8S without problem
I think the app has problem
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Are you able to try it on one of the devices listed (maybe a friend's device) and then see if it still does it. If it does it then, then I would say the app has an issue.
2015-12-16
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I test it with my iPhone 5s and that works. (But of course not completely the same test because the DJI Go app did never installed on that device)

May be it is also behavior of the mini4.

No I installed DJI go app again on my min4 wifi/4G my flights or gone - is there a way to restore them from the cloud?
2015-12-18
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SHamers Posted at 2015-12-18 21:09
I test it with my iPhone 5s and that works. (But of course not completely the same test because the  ...

Sorry this feedback is for the crash of the DJI go update (sorry)
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Also, have toy tried to delete and reinstall the app?
2015-12-18
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Ken, I need to delete version 2.4.3 and go back to 2.4.2.

When I run the new version of the go app as soon as I press the camera
Button it hangs and the app stops. It worked fine in 2.4.2.

It has something to do with the upgrade.  If it can't be fixed then I need
Someone to explain how I get back to version 2.4.2.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I don't know how you would go back to 2.4.2 if 2.4.3 is now the only one available online.
What device are you using, this version of the app may need more processing power than the last version.
Also, look at your photo settings, try the lowest resolution and make sure your on single shot and see if the photo kills the app.
Also, try deleting it and reinstalling and see if that helps.
2015-12-18
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

I am running an iPad Air 2. I upgraded to 2.4.3 and the problem began. If I select my Inspire from the list
And run the program it's fine. As soon as I press the camera button it stops working and the app hangs
Then restarts by itself. Since this update has a lot to do with the camera it would make sense something
Is wrong with the app.

I have tried everything, including restarting everything. All my firmware is up to date. So  if it's not the
Firmware update then I do not have to many options. There is no need for it to sit around without
Working. So one option is to send it in for repair. Last time it took over 2 months to get back.

If the go app is corrupted and I delete it, will I loose everything, videos, photos, flight data, etc?
Really do not want to do that unless DJI is sure that's the problem. It seems clear to me it's the
Update that is causing all the problems. Like I said, I have an iPad Air 2 which is running fine.

Also I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work including deleting some programs
To give it more memory. Doesn't help. It's the same thing all the time. Start the go app. Select
My Inspire, press the camera button, with the UAV on or off, does not make any difference
And the app restarts by itself every time.

I need to know if anyone else with an iPad Air 2 is having this problem since they have updated
To the go app version 2.4.3. That would help. Other then that all I can think of is I will have to
Send it in for repair.
2015-12-19
Use props
Paul Wilson
lvl.2

Malaysia

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-12-19 17:13
I am running an iPad Air 2. I upgraded to 2.4.3 and the problem began. If I select my Inspire from t ...

I have the same problem with the 2.4.3 version of the app with my iPad mini - boot everything up, hit the camera button and it the app just quits. I used my p3p yesterday with version 2.4.2 and no issues. Now I'm grounded - Dji how to get back the 2.4.2 version ?
2015-12-19
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

On another thread on this subject I will tell you what was stated to fix the 2.4.3 problem as defined above.
You start the go app, then go into your flight records. You then press the cloud in your upper right hand
Corner and sync your flight records.

Then you delete the DJI app from your computer.

You now go to the App Store and install the DJI GO APP again

Now you go to your flight records and do another records sync.

Restart the program and follow any prompts.

This is suppose to work. I have not tried it yet.
2015-12-19
Use props
audronepilot
New

Australia

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-12-19 19:13
I am running an iPad Air 2. I upgraded to 2.4.3 and the problem began. If I select my Inspire from t ...

Hey

Yes, i have got the same problem as well with P3P.  power on controller, drone, and then attempt to enter camera view and the app fails and shuts down.  has to be an App issue.  Are you going to try the reload of the app?

2015-12-21
Use props
audronepilot
New

Australia

audronepilot Posted at 2015-12-22 11:10
Hey

Yes, i have got the same problem as well with P3P.  power on controller, drone, and then atte ...

uninstalled and then reinstalled the app, haven't flown the aircraft but did a start up and seems to be working again.
2015-12-22
Use props
helicoman
lvl.1

France

Today , i try to reset my Tab S 8.4" wifi ( T700) , and same thing , ver 2.4.3 don't work with library video . Photo is OK
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, could you please check if there is any app crash log in your mobile device?  mobile device /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH . Please upload it here. Thanks.
2015-12-24
Use props
helicoman
lvl.1

France

Hello Amy
My  crash log :

Hello Amy
My  crash log :

"java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Object java.util.HashMap.get(java.lang.Object)' on a null object reference
    at dji.pilot2.utils.y.b(Unknown Source)
    at dji.pilot2.main.fragment.ab.onClick(Unknown Source)
    at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:5217)
    at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:20983)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6117)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1399)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1194)"
Have a nice Christmas
Alain

2015-12-25
Use props
antonio.zenzola
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2371972 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, i have the same problem on my galaxy tab S2... Alla works perfectly and very performant bu when I open video library the app crash and close itself.
2015-12-25
Use props
helicoman
lvl.1

France

A video of my problem!!

2015-12-28
Use props
olpdon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191109 ft
  • >>>
United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-12-19 09:53
On another thread on this subject I will tell you what was stated to fix the 2.4.3 problem as define ...

Worked for me however make sure that the DJI 15mm lens is mounted.  
Don
2015-12-29
Use props
petervanelsas
New

Netherlands

helicoman@free. Posted at 2015-12-28 11:32
A video of my problem!!
https://vimeo.com/150157912

Same problem with Samsung S6 and Samsung Tab S2.
Trying to load a video in the Go App 2.4.3 Library makes the app crash.

Crash log from the Samsung S6:

java.lang.NullPointerException: cs == null
        at java.lang.String.contains(String.java:1730)
        at dji.pilot2.library.DJILibraryPhotoView.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot2.library.DJILibraryPhotoView.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot2.library.DJILibraryPhotoView$a.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6837)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1404)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1199)

Further the app works fine with my P3A.
2016-1-5
Use props
helicoman
lvl.1

France

No answer about my problem , i am very desapointed with DJI

Today I tried DJI GO 2.5.0 is a real disaster, all crash
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now