Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Camera Setting for Land Survey
2401 5 2015-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niall
New

United Kingdom

Hi all

Been using my Inspire 1 for some surveying, getting great results. Stuff like this: https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/map ... a1a2262428966b6585/
The map Piliot app for iPad is excellent, very easy to use and process with maps made easy.

Trying out Pix4D also, alot more detailed and complex, but getting used to it.

Anyway, Has anyone else been doing the same? Any tips on camera settings to get better resolution in the final product?

Thanks

Niall

2015-12-16
Use props
MikeFrey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4661821 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Niall, RAW images should provide better resolution than jpeg if you have not tried that already. I have done some of this type of work by taking photos with the inspire 1 and uploading them via the home computer. I did mine with the 123D app. The more photos you upload, the better the result seems to be. Are you using the X3 or X5 camera?
2015-12-16
Use props
Edward
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1555663 ft
British Virgin Islands

Niall - I have also been using the Maps Made Easy app with Inspure and agree entirely that it is simple to use and produces high quality images. From what I can see, you can only upload jpegs in this programme. I would be interested to hear more about your experiences with Pix4D as I have been looking at that too. Some of the applications seem to provide additional output compared to MME so will be interested in this app once it is released for IOS.
2015-12-16
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

Niall, thanks for posting this.  I'm looking at using MME next month to survey my place (Inspire/X3).  Regarding your "Home Test", can you post the altitude and speed you used along with cm/pixel?  Also interested in the overlap percentages.
Again, thanks for posting.
2015-12-17
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I have used Pix4D Mac beta testing and am not that impressed with the quality at the minute.

Had problems inputing temporary ground points using GPS Eastings and Northings or even Lat and Long coordinates.

Also has some initial issues rendering images on a mac.  The software seem to be using the power faster than it was actually being charged.  Now upgraded mac which has a higher charger capacity and not had any more problems on that point.
2015-12-17
Use props
Adam_Geomatics
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,  KlauGeomatics has announced a new PPK GPS technology for accurate aerial surveying using DJI drones without placing ground targets. See https://www.veritypositioning.com/ for more details.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules