Phantom 3 Advanced can't update firmware
15666 34 2015-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mwburn
New

United States

So, I've opened a ticket and have gotten zero response, so hopefully someone here can help.  I've read everything that the search returned and I'm not finding any help there.

I'm trying to update using P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin, but when I power it on, the gimbal light never flashes and the rear arm light blink red/green.  The gimbal sounds like it's reading the SD card, but nothing ever changes.  I've let it do this for 12 hours, finally turn it of, and there's no .txt file and if I turn it on and turn on the RC/App it says the aircraft and battery require an upgrade.

Not sure what to do now.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
You were using the wrong bin file . Please download the file this page : http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
Thank you !
2015-12-16
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

I've downloaded this file P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin which is the latest firmware (2015-12-22) for my phantom 3 advance. I uncompressed it and copied the file to the micro usb drive. I put it in the phantom's slot and then turned on the drone. The process starts properly, but never stops. I've left it in for 4 hours and never stops blinking, the led never goes solid green. I've tried formatting the sd card to fat32 and to exfat, but still didn't work. I've also tried with other firmware and same thing. When I bought the drone, I was able to update, but never again after that. I've even tried changing the sd card and downloading the bin file again. I've also tried it from a mac, and the result is the same, the upgrade process doesn't finish.
2015-12-23
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Try formatting the SD card on the the bird instead of the computer. Transfer only the "bin" file from your computer to the SD card and try again. This worked for me. Leave the SD card in the bird and then update any extra batteries you might have. Good luck!!
2015-12-23
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcelobarrail@ Posted at 2015-12-23 18:11
I've downloaded this file P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin which is the latest firmware (2015-12-22) for my ph ...

are you on PC or mac

you may not need to uncompress it,

can you post a picture of the root of the sd card so we can see what you have on there

also what model p3 do you have
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

can you post the TXT file and we can see why it's not updating.
Here's a great tutorial http://forum.dji.com/thread-37122-1-1.html
2015-12-23
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

I formated the sd card from the bird, then i copied the file  (P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin) uncompressed to the sd card from a PC.
Then I put the sd card into the drone and the upgrading process started, waited for 30 min but the process never ended.
Sending txt file and phantom model. Phantom 3 Advance

02.PNG
03.PNG
phantom model marcelo.jpg
01.PNG
2015-12-23
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try the following,

Use the SD card that came with the P3,

Format it in the P3 camera via the DJI Go App

Download the Advance FW again from the DJI downloads page,

Place just the .bin fine on the card and try and again and wait,

the gimbal LED will start to flash red and green,

During this update your P3 will make a lot of different sounds, you will hear the startup tones when the ESC’s are being updated, your gimbal will twitch, go limp, come back to life, this is all normal, Ignore all sounds and watch the LED located on the light bridge unit for update status.

Flashing Red/Green = Update in Progress DO NOT TURN OFF
Solid Red = Update Failed
Solid Green = Update Successful. (LED may also go off if left solid green for some time)

Once done a new text file will have been created on the SD card, Post it here

Also there is a hidden log created on the SD card located under \MISC\LOG\ xxx.txt.

Pleas post this

To view this log you will need to enable view hidden files on you computer.
2015-12-23
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-12-23 18:35
Try the following,

Use the SD card that came with the P3,

Followed your instructions.After 30 minutes I turned of the bird. It never went solid greeen nor solid red, always beeping a blinking red and green.
Attaching SD image, formated with the DJI app, fat32.

MICRO SD.jpg
version.jpg

ROOT SD

ROOT SD

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

113.33 KB, Down times: 7

P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

61.41 KB, Down times: 8

2015-12-23
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you din the update with the controller on or off ?

Should be off

Install V1.320 first then update to v1,5.

Your on v1.28
2015-12-23
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-12-23 21:00
Are you din the update with the controller on or off ?

Should be off

the controller is off, and i've already tried to update with this (P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin) firmware. Same thing happened, the drone did not update. Maybe i should try it for at least 2 hours??
2015-12-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm late to the game, but is that bin file for the STANDARD?  P3S
2015-12-23
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-24 03:08

I've tried to update again the firmware with this file P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin, never stopped updating.Still unable to update firmware.

Updated for 4 hours until battery went out.

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

121.25 KB, Down times: 7

LOG

P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

62.32 KB, Down times: 4

RESULT

2015-12-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Updated mine last night.  All went well.
2015-12-26
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 16:57
can you post the TXT file and we can see why it's not updating.
Here's a great tutorial http://forum ...

Hi, I've posted the result and log file.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-24 14:08

No P3S is for the Advanced.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

marcelobarrail@ Posted at 2015-12-29 06:29
Hi, I've posted the result and log file.

You are downloading from the DJI website correct?
One of the logs said to use the DJI website.
2015-12-28
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 19:45
You are downloading from the DJI website correct?
One of the logs said to use the DJI website.

Yes I am downloading from dji
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

marcelobarrail@ Posted at 2015-12-24 08:44
the controller is off, and i've already tried to update with this (P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin) firmware ...

Not two hours, it should take 25-30 minutes max.
Have you had any luck?
2015-12-28
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 23:28
Have you had any luck?

Tried it.  Still doesn't stop upgrading
2015-12-29
Use props
marcelobarrail
New

Paraguay

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 23:28
Have you had any luck?

2015-12-29
Use props
dnasun
lvl.1
Ireland

marcelobarrail@ Posted at 2015-12-30 00:38

Now I have similar problem :
1 can not update my quad copter from original micro USB
2 can not connect to computer via gimbal port ( Windows 7/10  two different laptops)
3 I could update controller but says : update quad copter, update battery, update camera.
4 I have no video connection
5 When I put on sd card, turn on quad, there is no any sign for updating, so no red or green lights at gimbal at all.
There is continous red lights on the front of the quad lights.

I have formated Quick and full the sd card
I did try with different updates but non of them Works.

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040
2015-12-22
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030
2015-11-25
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.4.0010
2015-09-07
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.3.20

need some help
2015-12-31
Use props
belitung31gkb
New

Indonesia

we have the same problem, need help dji...
2016-3-13
Use props
GabrielFSS
New
Brazil

belitung31gkb Posted at 2016-3-13 07:33
we have the same problem, need help dji...

I have the same problem!
2017-5-22
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi,

My P3A was updated to firmware v1.10, after update it, the gimbal is suddently down during the update. After finishing the update, On DJI Go app, my P3A now detected as P3P...I've been updating my firmware for several times before from the previous version but there's no problem until now. Now when I tried to fix the problem (maybe) by updating again to the v1.11...there's no updating happen with the aircraft. reformating the SD card and put back the latest bin file is also useless...has anyone having a same problem like mine??
2017-9-3
Use props
Rapidofoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191086 ft
Philippines

Dolz Posted at 2017-9-3 09:08
Hi,

My P3A was updated to firmware v1.10, after update it, the gimbal is suddently down during the update. After finishing the update, On DJI Go app, my P3A now detected as P3P...I've been updating my firmware for several times before from the previous version but there's no problem until now. Now when I tried to fix the problem (maybe) by updating again to the v1.11...there's no updating happen with the aircraft. reformating the SD card and put back the latest bin file is also useless...has anyone having a same problem like mine??

almost the same thing happened to me.   no solution found yet.
2017-9-16
Use props
trixus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23832 ft
Bulgaria

Same here from almost 3 months on my P3P. Last update canot start, camera view is off can see battery and GPS but no camera view, bird does not see sd cards even its original card. Camera settings are inactive ( gray color) cannot click any of them.
When start the bird and try update the new FW sound from camera (D-DD) alarm me only 2 times then camera twitch and D-DD stops, no lights infront of camera which indicates start of update too. After D-DD stops rear lights of the dron starts blink fast yellow. My Windows 10 does not see the dron, no driver, so cannot connect it via USB to PC.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT NO ONE FROM DJI SUPPORT NOT ANSWER HERE OR GIVE SOME IDEA. SINCE THE LAST FW IS ON I CAN NOT USE MY DRONE. Lost of money, lost of time and lots of nerves... this is DJI.

2017-9-17
Use props
Amitco
New

Israel

trixus Posted at 2017-9-17 16:54
Same here from almost 3 months on my P3P. Last update canot start, camera view is off can see battery and GPS but no camera view, bird does not see sd cards even its original card. Camera settings are inactive ( gray color) cannot click any of them.
When start the bird and try update the new FW sound from camera (D-DD) alarm me only 2 times then camera twitch and D-DD stops, no lights infront of camera which indicates start of update too. After D-DD stops rear lights of the dron starts blink fast yellow. My Windows 10 does not see the dron, no driver, so cannot connect it via USB to PC.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT NO ONE FROM DJI SUPPORT NOT ANSWER HERE OR GIVE SOME IDEA. SINCE THE LAST FW IS ON I CAN NOT USE MY DRONE. Lost of money, lost of time and lots of nerves... this is DJI.

Hi, I have the same problem, any news  from DJI?
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trixus Posted at 2017-9-17 16:54

Hi Sir, sorry for the late response as I just received your message in PM. Just to verify, is the firmware update successful? What's the current version of aircraft, controller and APP version? Please format the SD card or change to another working SD card and reset the camera settings to check whether it helps. If not, please kindly offer the screenshots of About page and video issue for better assistance, thanks!

Also, if you need one's attention, please start a new thread or click the Reply button of one's message, so that the message can be received and handled properly.
2017-12-18
Use props
trixus
lvl.1
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 00:24
Hi Sir, sorry for the late response as I just received your message in PM. Just to verify, is the firmware update successful? What's the current version of aircraft, controller and APP version? Please format the SD card or change to another working SD card and reset the camera settings to check whether it helps. If not, please kindly offer the screenshots of About page and video issue for better assistance, thanks!

Also, if you need one's attention, please start a new thread or click the Reply button of one's message, so that the message can be received and handled properly.

Camera is inactive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANO'T RESET CAMERA because is NOT ACTIVE and cannot clic anything on it !!!!!!!!!!!
NO MEMORY CARD TOO

2018-3-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

have you tried use the last version oF DJI  that was running ok ?
2018-3-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

maybe the prob is the new versions ...
2018-3-5
Use props
trixus
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Everything was OK before last 1.11.20
The next time when I tryed use drone, RC automaticly update itself and camera died. Now drone does not see memory card and camera menu is not active.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trixus Posted at 2018-3-5 11:00
Camera is inactive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANO'T RESET CAMERA because is NOT ACTIVE and cannot clic anything on it !!!!!!!!!!!
NO MEMORY CARD TOO

Please try to re-seat the pins on the side of the gimbal. If still no luck, please kindly send it in for diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-9
Use props
Mario Oviedo
New

Chile

Alguien pudo solucionar este problema?
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules