OSMO Christmas LOW LIGHT TEST - NIGHT
1780 2 2015-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joelish0
New
New Zealand

Here is a very Low-Light test for you guys. No twilight, just after dark shots. I was mainly testing the ISO grain at 1600-3200.
I found variations of grain due to the Osmo trying to overcompensate at times. This was when the grain made the image unusable.
At other times the image turned out great. Wouldn't reccommend shooting high frame rates/shutter at night obviously.

You will also see the movement doesn't look nearly as smooth as the shots we've all taken during day time. Light appears to mask a lot of bumps,
which you end up seeing a lot of in this test.

I should also note that the camera was quite unresponsive and glitchy (I believe this was due to the lack of bearings in the low light), you can see it jolt in the footage.

Next time it would be better to leave out the 150% speed, didn't really help much.

Video is available in 4k

cheers,
Joel
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, Osmo is not very good at low light shooting, ISO of 1600-3200 will cause grainy noises. It's better to set the ISO lower than 800 and mount an extra LED. About the smoothness, please understand the movement of the gimbal has nothing to do with the light condition. Since the gimbal can't compensate for the translational movement and bounces of walking, you will have better shootings if you pay attention to the walk and keep practicing on it. Thanks for sharing.
2015-12-16
Use props
joelish0
New
New Zealand

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-17 11:46
Hi, Osmo is not very good at low light shooting, ISO of 1600-3200 will cause grainy noises. It's bet ...

Yep, I understand all this. I was merely trying to test the limitations of the camera in low-light. As stated above, day-time footage I have shot looks very impressive with the gimbal. Thanks for the advice though
2015-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules