dhi p1 battery
1182 5 2015-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kfield1
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello im Mark.

and a proud user of p1(i got one in second hand in good shape) and im excited to have an phantom.

awesome machine and hope to have more models and evolve in the use of them.

i only have one question.

i had before and walquera qr x 350(not the pro version),and i had one stock battery and i bought one(bigger) an turnigy 5000 nah,3s 11.1v.

can i use them on the p1?

for the turnigy the problem its the size?

or if i use it on p1 i may blow up circuits or so?

sorry maybe a stupid question,but like i said im new in the dji world and since i dont have money for now,to buy another one i want to take good care of mine.

thank you and great flights!!!

2015-12-17
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Mark

If the battery from your Walkera is a 3s ( nominal voltage of 11.1 Volt ) and has the yellow XT60 connector it should be OK.  The Turnigy battery you have is just too big physically and what you'll gain in capacity you'll lose due to the weight.

A great compromise battery is the Multistar ( Sold by Hobbyking ) 4000mAh 3S 10C pack. These are slightly larger than a regular 2200mAh and a little heavier.  To get these batteries to fit you will need to widen the opening of the battery compartment by a few millimetres, I used a modellers Dremel tool and a small grinding wheel. When the battery door is shut you don't see the modification.

With one of these Multistar batteries in my P1, with gimbal, camera, and FPV, I average 17 minutes of flight time.

Regards

Nidge
2015-12-18
Use props
kfield1
lvl.1

Portugal

Nidge Posted at 2015-12-18 12:24
Hi Mark

If the battery from your Walkera is a 3s ( nominal voltage of 11.1 Volt ) and has the yello ...

thank you very much for yout answer/time.

yes the connectors are the some.

the thing on using the ones i used with the walkera its to have more batterys in hand,when the stock phantom i have get empty i use the other ones so i can have a few more minutes of fun!

i was afraid that that one may get short circuit or so in the p1.

so i will try them out perhaps this weekend and then i say something.

the big one i will have it for ultimate need.

thank you again,im really excited to be part of the dji comunity!!

have fun

but if no problem of that i will
2015-12-18
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

so what do you think about the Gopro as your main camera
2016-4-10
Use props
wFABNaRWQEqO
lvl.1

China

The Turnigy battery is too big, I advise you can use some other 3 cell lipo batteries to instead of it . The big battery means it is very heavy, so your P1 may fly to short.
2016-9-9
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Multi star 5200 mah 3s  is what I run in my 1.5/1.1.1 and I get a lot of fpv flying time
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules