Phantom 3P Gimbal points slightly to the left after each start up procedure.
1371 7 2015-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
polko
New

Poland

Dear DJI’sequipment users

A few days ago I bought brand new (form the shop) Phantom 3 Professional.
Since the very first time I observe that every time I do start my Transmitter (RC) first and the Phantom next the GIMBAL is going through the self-test (moving in every available direction) which is normal procedure and stops in the final position which I believe should be straight ahead.

What I observed in my case is the fact that the GIMBAL STOPS ALWAYS IN THE SAME POSITION POINTING SLIGHTLY TO THE LEFT (round about 5 degrees). To have a leveled horizon I need to “Adjust Roll” with -0,8°.
Please see the pictures for reference.
gimbal1.jpg

gimbal2.jpg

Reading the international forums I did proposed suggestions in similar cases but this does not helped in mycase. The problem I have is from the beginning (unboxing) with the previous and present software / firmware I used:
iOS 8and iOS 9;
DJI GO Appversion 2.4.2;
RC 1.3.20and the latest 1.5.70
Phantom1.4.10 and the latest 1.5.30

I did a few IMU calibrations straight after powering up the Phantom (not used forseveral hours) and on top of that I did the Auto Gimbal Calibration as well.
I did these calibrations in different places but always on the leveled and flat surface.

May I ask you to check yours Phantoms how they behavior, and what is the final position of GIMBAL after self-test  (before you even start the motors) PLEASE?

May question is does the GIMBAL should point exactly straight forward?  

Thankyou in advance for yours responds to this message.

2015-12-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Mine has been the same since brand new.    That is to say, if I fly directly ahead, it goes to the right of where the camera is pointed, just as yours does.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Sorry about that ! Please contact your dealer about the problem .
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-19 07:17
Mine has been the same since brand new.    That is to say, if I fly directly ahead, it goes to the ...

Hi , Gary
Please contact your dealer or US support center about that . The gimbal need to be sent to repair center for a calibration .
2015-12-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-21 04:05
Hi , Gary
Please contact your dealer or US support center about that . The gimbal need to be sent t ...

I'm not sure I'm willing to part with it that long, Patrick.  Besides, they would probably charge for it since it was in a mild crash recently.  The problem existed before that, and is even documented on the very first video an hour after purchase.  I just didn't know enough to realize it at the time.  I think I'm making progress on it by rotating the arm on the azimuth shaft a little at a time, sneaking up on being "true".

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'd love to post videos, but so far have nothing to edit with.  Gigabyte videos are a bit much to post.  

Merry Christmas
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-21 23:45
I'm not sure I'm willing to part with it that long, Patrick.  Besides, they would probably charge  ...

Hi , Gary
Sorry about that . It's your own choice to repair it or not . Really wish you enjoyed the aircraft .
Merry Christmas !
2015-12-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

Oh, I DO enjoy it, Patrick.  I just need to keep fine tuning it.  Quite busy right now, so it isn't a problem.  The real problem comes when you aim at a target to fly to and it goes to the side, off target.  

Merry Christmas to you and all forum members!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-24 11:07
Oh, I DO enjoy it, Patrick.  I just need to keep fine tuning it.  Quite busy right now, so it isn't  ...

That's the point . It's quite annoying sometimes  . So  ,please don't hesitate to contact repair center when you think it's necessary .
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules