What is the difference between "atti" and "manual?"
8583 17 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I finally got around to switching remote from "Phantom" to "Naza," and now could use clarification on the s1 features...
2014-12-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

ATTI is altitude hold - the Phantom will stay at the same height and heading. Manual is rarely set or used...by most people. I suspect it means totally manual - no height or heading or anything held.

My S1 is set GPS/ATTI/Failsafe
that way you could activate return to home (failsafe) without turning off your TX
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The S1 switch has 3 positions  GPS - top position, ATTI - center position, ATTI - bottom position.  Always reserve your bottom position for failsafe.

As long as you are in top position, you are in GPS mode and the S2 switch is inactive
The center position activates the S2 switch
S2 has off- top,  course lock - center and home lock - bottom
Course lock you can fly a straight course and rotate to get panning video without changing course
Home lock is pull the stick back, it will fly home in any position you might be. Pull back on the stick, you will come home
2014-12-27
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-12-28 07:33
ATTI is altitude hold - the Phantom will stay at the same height and heading. Manual is rarely set o ...

Thank you very much.  Yes, that rings a bell. I should've know that.
2014-12-27
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-28 07:37
Thank you very much.  Yes, that rings a bell. I should've know that.

Yes, there's no altitude hold on manual mode.
If the throttle is at 50% and manual mode is activated then the quad drops. You'll have to push it to aprox 67% to hold the altitude. The quad becomes quite unstable in manual mode - so if you really activate that mode make sure you're high enough, without wind and ready to switch back to other flight modes.
I've read that you can do flips but I'm not going to use my Phantom for that
2014-12-27
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

ATTI stands for Attitude control, meaning your platform will maintain horizontal level using the gyroscope to maintain balance. Wind, inertia, etc. will still effect your platform. It does not use GPS to hold position.
2014-12-27
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-28 07:37
The S1 switch has 3 positions  GPS - top position, ATTI - center position, ATTI - bottom position.   ...

Gerry, are you sure about that? I have operated homelock (S@ position 3 down)  with S1 in position 1 . Provided the rig is set to NAZA m .  PS: like my new avatar? Pandora is a rescued cat- love her to bits!
Cheers!
Rod
2014-12-27
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-28 07:37
The S1 switch has 3 positions  GPS - top position, ATTI - center position, ATTI - bottom position.   ...

I don't think that's correct. My S2 switch activates IOC with the S1 switch in the GPS position. I guess I'm not sure how ATTI mode affects IOC...I was under the impression that IOC too precedence...IOW, S2 trumps S1.
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-28 08:59
I don't think that's correct. My S2 switch activates IOC with the S1 switch in the GPS position. I ...

They will work when you have it setup in NAZA-M mode in the programming.  When it is setup in the Phantom mode in the programming, the s1 switch will not activate anything.
2014-12-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think Home Lock works only in GPS mode! Someone correct me if I am wrong....

2014-12-27
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-28 09:04
They will work when you have it setup in NAZA-M mode in the programming.  When it is setup in the  ...

Yes. Were talking about NAZA-M mode. S2 controls IOC function, S1 controls GPS vs ATTI, and whatever you have set in the third position (failsafe, for me).

Where you lost me is when you said that the S2 switch is inactive when the S1 switch is in GPS mode. Maybe you meant S2 is inactive when S1 is in ATTI mode. That would make sense, to have the ability to take the whole GPS circuit offline, which would disable IOC as well.
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-28 09:22
Yes. Were talking about NAZA-M mode. S2 controls IOC function, S1 controls GPS vs ATTI, and whateve ...

What I meant was when you are in Phantom mode.  Sometimes my brain goes slower than my fingers.
2014-12-27
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-28 09:41
What I meant was when you are in Phantom mode.  Sometimes my brain goes slower than my fingers.

You meant what, now? I'm asking about s1 in Naza mode....why are you talking about Phantom mode? Shoot, now I'm totally confused. And I really thought I had it---until I kept reading
2014-12-27
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-28 08:49
ATTI stands for Attitude control, meaning your platform will maintain horizontal level using the gyr ...

Thank you. I was afraid the Phantom was still using GPS to maintain altitude, and so my next question was to be, "And if Phantom loses GPS, causing it to begin a dive or flyaway, how is switching to ATTI going to help? Doesn't ATTI require GPS signals?  Isn't 'manual' the only way to stop a malfunction, other than turning off transmitter and praying?"
So, thanks to your answer, I will have faith that dropping s1 a notch might stop an obvious GPS failure/disaster.
2014-12-27
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

GPS does assist in maintaining altitude. The platform also uses its barometer for this.
ATTI (Attitude) removes the GPS from the sensors. ATTI does not necessarily maintain altitude due to inertia. You can test this by  (warning dangerous to touch your platform in flight) pulling your platform down or pushing it up while in flight. It will try to maintain its current position, but since an outside force is acting upon it there is no GPS to assist it returning to position. Think of you pushing as wind. Again be careful if you touch the platform in flight.  This why you should use ATTI if your going to hand catch, not GPS.

2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Reference: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Control_Mode_Switch

When you enable NAZA mode:

S1 (right switch) is GPS (upper), ATTI (center).  The lower setting is configurable to either Failsafe or Manual (default when you switch on NAZA is failsafe)

S2 (left switch) is OFF (upper), course lock (center) and home lock (lower).

When in GPS mode the Phantom will hold location and altitude, in atti mode, altitude is held (thus the name) but not position and will float with the wind, in manual mode you are controlling everything (like an RC helicopter).  The Phantom drops to atti mode when < 6 satellites are locked (even if you are switched into GPS mode); something to be aware of.
2014-12-28
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-29 02:09
Reference: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Control_Mode_Switch

When you enable NAZA mode:

I would be interested to know more about manual mode (except the facts enumerated by me above).
When I switched to manual, the Phantom looked quite unstable to me - as if it ignored even the gyro readings, and it started going down fast at 50% throttle. My first impression was that it was more difficult to fly a Phantom in manual mode than a $50 quad...
2014-12-28
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Ugh guys please be careful with your misinformation.  

ATTItude
ATTI

ALTITUDE  (not)
ATTI

ATTI does not spell out Altitude
Advanced Attitude Stabilize Algorithm
The advanced attitude stabilization algorithm not only inherits the outstanding flight stability of DJI products, but also provides excellent maneuverability. It is more flexible and stable, and gives the hobbyists a wonderful flight experience.
It simply keeps the platform in a flat stablized orientation.  If you want an unstablized Attitude then you use manual.  Flips and tricks (crash)

2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules