PHANTOM 3 (THREE) STANDARD AND NOT ADVANCED OR PRO.
1798 16 2015-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I have a Phantom 3 STANDARD. I have searched far and wide to find the answer to this simple question and for the life of me the PHANTOM THREE STANDARD does not get much love. It's almost like a "switch and bait" type deal. Like, "hey, here is a half priced pro...but it's garbage so see ya in about 3 weeks when ya figure it out!" At any rate, I am unable to see a wifi signal from my bird. I replaced the antenna on the bird recently and still NO WIFI SIGNAL COMING FROM wherever it's supposed to come from. So, to ask a very simple question, where is the WIFI signal generated from on the PHANTOM 3 STANDARD? Does it come from the board? The battery? The antena? What part am I missing that for whatever reason my PHANTOM 3 STANDARD AKA PHANTOM THREE STANDARD AKA P3S will not show me a wifi signal anymore.

Thanks!

2015-12-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

In Settings, under WiFi, is your Phantom 3S listed, &  turned on, for that to activate?

I have a Phantom 3 Pro, so not sure how those are supposed to work.
Are you in Airplane mode? As that perhaps is blocking it from coming on.

Hopefully someone will have a proper solution, if these aren't helpful. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-12-18
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

The WIFI signal your phone can see  is from the controller.

The controller is basically a router.

The controller communicates with the phone and the bird.

Hope that helps and I understand your question.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to reset the WiFi video downlink?
Follow the instructions on page 26 of the manual.
Let us know if that works.
2015-12-18
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-18 19:46
Have you tried to reset the WiFi video downlink?
Follow the instructions on page 26 of the manual.
L ...

Thank you for responding. I have tried this and it does not work. When it worked, I could turn on the drone and a wifi network would show up on my phone. A "Phantxxis" or whatever and the password was 12341234. Now when I turn it on it does not link to the remote or seem to send out a wifi network signal anymore.

Thanks again,

JTL
2015-12-18
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

IMI193 Posted at 2015-12-18 18:56
The WIFI signal your phone can see  is from the controller.

The controller is basically a router.

Yes it does, thank you. It means more questions, but it does help. I am at the point that I can get control of my phantom with the controller. But I still do not get a video link. I have tried to reset it but that doesn't seem to be the issue either. I am wondering if it might have to do with my camera not sending out the signal because a wire got loose or something? I'm stabbing in the dark at this point...but won't take it up blind, that's for damn sure!
Thanks,

JTL
2015-12-18
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-12-18 18:34
In Settings, under WiFi, is your Phantom 3S listed, &  turned on, for that to activate?

I have a Ph ...

It's not showing a WiFi network available. That's the rub. And yes, the adv and pro are much different in regards to how they connect, or at least I think so. Something to do with the Lightbridge technology or something. It's much more stable from what I understand. My next will be at least an advance and i'm going to turn this standard into a silly nerfed up racer.
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The control of the Phantom is 5.8 and the video is 2.4, you still have radio control but no video.
Also, I know there has been some issues if you have At&t. Their phones had some kind of smart WiFi app that would keep trying to reconnect to your home WiFI. Don't know if you have At&t or not.
Have you also tried away from your house, like a park with no WiFI around.
If you have tried deleting the app and reinstalled, resetting the WiFi, trying different devices, and nothing works I'd say you need to send it in for repair.
Also, it was never crashed correct? It worked fine one day, then the next it didn't?
2015-12-18
Use props
JohnTLand
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-19 00:06
The control of the Phantom is 5.8 and the video is 2.4, you still have radio control but no video.
A ...

Yes, it crashed and the only thing I could see that could have been a problem was with the gray antenna which I replaced when I got the parts yesterday. It was loose in the machine and I thought that had something to do with it. I also needed a couple other parts so I had not messed with it until I got the parts yesterday.

I will try the other solutions you offered DJI-Ken. Thank you and will let you know. Sorry, no AT&T here. I am way out in the country...T-mobile is my cell provider though.
2015-12-19
Use props
JohnTLand
lvl.1

United States

I have got an image to from the camera! However, it only worked on an old remote that I replaced a while back. I am now trying to find hints on how to unbind the "broken" one and bind back the new one. When I had to do this before it was almost like an accident when I got it to bind to the new remote. Does anyone have any ideas?
2015-12-19
Use props
JohnTLand
lvl.1

United States

I can't tell what steps I used to get it to work because after 4 days of trying, who knows what actually worked. Well, I suspect I do but needed to understand the set up better. It boiled down to my "new" remote needed to reset it's wifi signal and had to reset the link to the bird. With much finger crossing, this was the results:

It was very winy today, but by God I was going to get it up and stabalize and then land. Notice how it's not very high up. The last thing I wanted was to get it working and then have it fly off on me.

Thank you to everyone who had any input. I haven't browsed the forums much. Is there a thread or group dedicated to the P3S? If not there should be. I am interested in how many Standards will be sold over the holidays. I would think it would outsell the adv/pro simply because of the price point. With all due respect to DJI, they need to step up their game when it comes to more details about this bird and it's setup. Otherwise I think they are going to have a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths for DJI.

Again, thanks to everyone. Problem solved. If you want more info, e-mail me john.giggity.land@gmail.com.

JTL
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got everything working, in the app here are great tutorials for beginners.
2015-12-20
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1172343 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are spot on
2017-8-3
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Much like the Phantom Advanced I do not understand the point of making the most minimal change to only scorch a percent of the users.
2017-8-3
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

My apologies, It turns out it is our government. Check the site it's not available in the US
2017-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Arimese Posted at 2017-8-3 19:44
My apologies, It turns out it is our government. Check the site it's not available in the US

I'm not sure who you are talking to here, but this thread is a year and a half old, let it rest in peace.
2017-8-3
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

No question my response was because this issue is trending high in the forums, the old forum people may have found answers
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules