3752 3 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrripfrog
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or has a possible fix:

I have a brand new Phantom 2 Vision Plus and had 1 successful flight.  I went to fly it again today and noticed that as soon as I start the motors, I get the front LED lights turning solid red.  The back LED lights remain green.  The copter still fly's though.  I only hovered it and it seemed to fly properly.

I plugged it into my pc and updated everything again.  I noticed that I had to calibrate the IMU so I performed the basic IMU Calibration.

I still get the front LED lights turning solid red only when I start the motors.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Eric
2014-12-27
Use props
TJPro351
lvl.1

United States

The front lights will always stay red.  The back lights will change color depending on flight mode, gps status, etc per manual.
2014-12-27
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Seriously?  Uhhh, that is normal.  The front red LED's are for indicating the nose of the aircraft.

Look, we don't want to discourage new users from asking questions, ok.  We just kinda like it when you demonstrate you've at least made even a cursory attempt to find the answer yourself.  For further details regarding the LED's  I'll refer you to page 12 of the user manual.  Better yet I would highly, HIGHLY encourage you to download and read the Phantom_2_Vision_Plus_User_Manual_v1.6_en.pdf  (dated 2014-11-12).
2014-12-27
Use props
mrripfrog
lvl.1
United States

Well darn...  My humble apologies for asking.  I indeed missed the paragraph referring to the front of the aircraft.

I saw the reference to the solid red light as being an error but now realize that is for the rear lights.

Thanks for your time.
2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules