Shipping Phantom 2V+ Disappointment
1377 6 2014-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roman
New

Australia

It is 6 days since placing my order for a Phantom 2V+ and paying through PayPal.
I recieved an email confirming payment on 22 December. I emailed DJI two days after paying for my order to enquire about their business hours over Christmas to be told that they did not rest over Christmas and that my order was ready for shipping. I emailed again after four days enquiring about the status of my order which I figured was reasonable based on the information already provided by DJI - there is no reply. The DJI website still states that Phantom 2s will be shipped within two business days yet, the My Orders page states that my order is Pending and their is no tracking number 6 days after payment.

I could have ordered through a local Australian agent but decided to buy direct through DJI. Yes, there could be delays in meeting orders, there could be delays in updating the website Orders page, there could also be delays in orders being picked up from DJI for shipping; but it is not unreasonable to expect that customers be given updates on the status of their orders particularly when there appears to be such a wide discrepancy between the advice from DJI and what I am experiencing.

2014-12-27
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

So...did your Phantom have to be shipped overseass then? Including clearing customs? Or does DJI have a local distributership in Australia?
2014-12-27
Use props
roman
New

Australia

Hi MacCool. Yep, shipping from China to Australia which will include customs into Australia. But the delay does not appear to be with DHL (identified as the shipper on the My Orders page) or customs but rather the order hasn't been picked up yet from DJI (according to the My Orders page). There are DJI distributors in Australia but they are closed over the Christmas period and I would still require domestic shipping from them anyway. Time for a coffee
2014-12-27
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Seriously dude, chill out.  I've ordered directly from DJI in September and October of this year (hint, shop early) and it took 5 and 6 days respectively from the time it was ordered until it hit my doorstep.

Just because you don't have a tracking number doesn't mean it hasn't shipped.  By the time the tracking number showed up on my orders page it was already halfway to me.  It does seem a bit unreasonable to not take into consideration every shipping company in the world gets kinda busy around this time of the year yet you have a hissy fit because it might take 1 of 2 extra days.
2014-12-27
Use props
roman
New

Australia

HI gil. I get it I'm just eager for it to arrive and with no indication of delays from DJI and with stuff getting delivered across the planet these days within days it's easy to anxious. It'll probably turn up on the door step tomorrow morning.
2014-12-27
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

I'm sympathetic. I've spent a lot of time over the years checking tracking info on company and shipping websites. In the US we don't get much overseas shipping, but I must say though, dealing with shipments that come from overseas have by far been the most difficult ones to figure out. Especially China. I think my last iPhone, which also came from Shenzen, was listed as "pending" right up until the morning that FedEx dropped it at my door. Hope yours gets there soon.
2014-12-27
Use props
ljhellmich
lvl.4

United States

roman@romanport Posted at 2014-12-28 09:58
HI gil. I get it  I'm just eager for it to arrive and with no indication of delays from DJI and wi ...

While you are waiting...

Read and study this http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.6_en.pdf

And this  http://download.dji-innovations. ... g_Guide_v1.1_en.pdf

And this  http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf  
and watch the videos here  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

2014-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules