Brand new P3P & new user, unable to connect to iphone or tablet
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mefmotorsport
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
After a bad experience with my first P3P which the seller took back, I have now purchased a brand new one (sealed box). I now have a problem with this one, I cant get the iphone or android tablet to connect to the RC unit. In the DJI GO app, I get " how to connect" and a couple of times I have had "camera view" but when I click on camera view, although it does go into the app its obvious that there is no data coming from the RC unit. Its exactly the same with the Android tablet.

I have tried deleting the app and re-installing it and I have seen in the "how to connect" screen about entering WiFi settings for PHANTOM3_XXX and password 12341234 must be entered but I cant see where I need to enter this info. My iphone is connected to the home network. I cant see any Phantom3 network in the detected networks, can anyone help me with this? Im getting rather disalusioned with this kit!

Thanks

2015-12-19
Use props
Pl0701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36440 ft
United States

I have the Standard but I believe the Proffesional doesn't connect using wifi. It uses a cable that connects your phone to the remote. Instead of wifi the Proffesional uses "Lightbridge".
2015-12-19
Use props
Pl0701
lvl.2
United States

Also make sure you have the correct Phantom selected on the DJI Go app. You might have the Standard selected.
2015-12-19
Use props
Mefmotorsport
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Pl0701 Posted at 2015-12-19 18:01
Also make sure you have the correct Phantom selected on the DJI Go app. You might have the Standard  ...

Thanks, yes I have P3Pro selected and I'm using a proper iphone cable, I wondered what the network bit was about, that makes sense now.
It did work fine on the first P3P that I bought but that one had no video feed. Once or twice I've been able to get "camera view" and gone into the app but theres no data coming from the RC. ie no battery info, no firmware version, nothing.

Someone is coming to help tomorrow who has their own and knows a bit more about it, we can swap the RC unit and try his android tablet before I get involved with firmware upgrades etc....
2015-12-19
Use props
Mefmotorsport
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also make sure you have the correct Phantom selected on the DJI Go app. You might have the Standard  ...

Thanks, yes I have P3Pro selected and I'm using a proper iphone cable, I wondered what the network bit was about, that makes sense now.
It did work fine on the first P3P that I bought but that one had no video feed. Once or twice I've been able to get "camera view" and gone into the app but theres no data coming from the RC. ie no battery info, no firmware version, nothing.

Someone is coming to help tomorrow who has their own and knows a bit more about it, we can swap the RC unit and try his android tablet before I get involved with firmware upgrades etc....
2015-12-19
Use props
Mefmotorsport
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2015-12-19
Use props
Pl0701
lvl.2
United States

I hope you get it figured out! One last thing you could try I'm not sure if have is linking the remote again to the Phantom.
2015-12-19
Use props
Phantom3mike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

as a newbie I am not sure I am totally qualified to answer this but when I got mine I experienced the same issue you are facing, for me it was simply establishing the link between unit and RC. I have a PDF copy of how to link but not sure how to post
Message me if you need the pdf and I will mail it over to you

Mike
2015-12-20
Use props
Mefmotorsport
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phantom3mike Posted at 2015-12-20 12:07
as a newbie I am not sure I am totally qualified to answer this but when I got mine I experienced th ...

Thanks all,

all sorted now thanks to Simon, the guy who sold the P3P to me. He came down this morning and tried with his android tablet but it was the same. We then linked his RC to  my aircraft and got the data on his tablet. So then we checked and found that the P3P firmware was 1.1. something so we did an update on the P3P to 1.3 and also the same f/w upgrade to my RC, then found that it worked finewith my RC, connects to my iPhone etc perfectly, finally we did the second f/w upgrade to 1.5 and this also worked fine.

We think that possibly the latest version of the DJI GO app is possibly not backwards compatible with the early f/w that was on my P3P, that seems to be the only reason we can think of. Anyway its perfect now,

Cheers,

Martin
2015-12-20
Use props
Phantom3mike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Glad all sorted its bloody frustrating having the P3P and not being able to use it, happy flying
2015-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules