12Next >
31254 42 2015-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I have heard where some people have performed a reset on their inspire's RC.... I have searched the users manual for this procedure with no success. I would like to try to reset my slave RC as it does not search out the master RC if anyone has any insight on this please help.

2015-12-19
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

I checked here at the Inspire 1 Forums and found this answer
Go under the General Settings on the iPad and at the bottom touch "Reset", and under the options choose "Reset Network Settings" then allow the device to do its thing and everything is back to normal.

or try this:

To Reset the no signal RC: Please press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red.
Please reset master and slave if using dual op.

Hope one of these works....

2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2015-12-20
Use props
Ionut
New

Romania

Hello. I need help. I have updated my Inspire1 with FW v.1.6.0.40  Aircraft updated successfully.
Then i have updated the RC in DJI GO app. I have Android. I have downloaded the FW. I have start upgrade and it does make the DD sound as always. But at the and of process,  in the Overall Status it says:

”Upgrade failed”  Current version: 1.5.70
                               Download version: 1.5.70

”Please don't disconnect the RC and your mobile device and make sure the RC power is more than 50%, the upgrade takes about 10 minute, please don't turn off the RC during upgrade.”

Than i tap ”Retry” and it says:

”Disconnected”

I have tried to make upgrade with USB and SD card. No success.
I can't reset the RC.
The led indicator is light. No sound when i turn on the RC. I can't put the aircraft in travel mode.
Please help!
2016-1-1
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ionut Posted at 2016-1-1 04:04
Hello. I need help. I have updated my Inspire1 with FW v.1.6.0.40  Aircraft updated successfully.
T ...

Try what DJI-Tim just suggested.
2016-1-3
Use props
stan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-21 11:08
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By st ...

Should it be  C1 + C2 + Trigger (video) buttons (on the left side of RC) rather than  C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons (on the right side of RC)?
The sound responses are different.

Anyway, in my case, both are not working for resetting my RC
2016-1-5
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-5 18:06
I think that you need to use BOTH the video and the photo trigger buttons as well as the C1 and C2 ...

Are you sure? I have no more fingers to press the power on/off switch!
2016-1-5
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-5 18:52
I only have two hands so I could not take the photo and hold the RC with both hands but imagine the ...

Hi Paul, thanks for the demonstration. Indeed yes I can press 4 buttons together with power on/off button with both hands.

Anyway, it seems pressing 4 buttons simulltaneously is not neccessary
If I press C1+C2 and Trigger (Video on the left side), the RC will generate a D D D sound, and I guess it is what it's designed for reset function
But if I press C1+C2 and Trigger (Photo on the right side), no sound generated and the RC seems doesn't do anything.
Of course, if we press C1+C2 and both trigger buttons, then it behaves like the first case C1+C2+VideoTriiger.

Anyway, by all means, I still can not connect my RC to DJI GO
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you able to use the slave as a master, or will it just not connect period.
Also, did you change anything from when it was working last time?
2016-1-5
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 01:16
Are you able to use the slave as a master, or will it just not connect period.
Also, did you change  ...

I am still not able to connect it to DJI GO, tried IOS and Andriod versions, but still not success.
The Camera View screen still shows Disconnected, therefore, all other paratmeters in the setting pages can not be set, function including as a master linking to another Insipre 1.
My friend flew his Inspire1 with this RC right up to the crash,  and his Insipre1 was totally distroyed, since then he didn't touch on this RC.

Could it be possible if this RC was locked into a special state just right up to the crash?
Or should this RC need to connect to its binded Inspire 1 (crashed) first before listening from DJI GO through USB port? this is not possible now as the craft was totally distroyed.

I really exhausted all means of salvageing it, I have tried different SD cards, different USB versions (2.0 and 3.0), connected it to the camera gimble, used different versions of firmware bin files, from V1.02.00.17 to the latetest V1.06.00.40, even tried different versions of DJI GO and DJI Pilot on IOS and Andriod devices. also tried reset the RC with C1+C2+Trigger, all failure!  
My only guess is now either it is hardware failure, which is very unlikely as it was really working fine before, or parts of the firmware are corrupted which disables its communication throu USB.
Any other suggestion?
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2016-1-6 01:54
I am still not able to connect it to DJI GO, tried IOS and Andriod versions, but still not success ...

Stan, Now I got it. I should have asked earlier. You just said that the app says disconnected. If at any time the app says disconnected, that means the transmitter is not communicating with the app and that's because a faulty USB cable to less likely the USB port on the radio.
try using a different USB cable, if you only have one than use the one that you know works from your master controller. After that, the app should recognize your controller. And if not then it has to be a USB port and the radio has a 1yr warranty.
2016-1-5
Use props
stan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 02:04
Stan, Now I got it. I should have asked earlier. You just said that the app says disconnected. If  ...

Try different cables already, also same cable I use with my master RC that works.
So I think I really need to send it back for repair.

Thanks!
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stan@rcsail.com Posted at 2016-1-6 02:15
Try different cables already, also same cable I use with my master RC that works.
So I think I rea ...

Ok then it's the USB port needs to be repaired. I'm sorry, but you will have to send it in for repair.
Sorry for the issues.
2016-1-5
Use props
larsmunters
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 19:50
Ok then it's the USB port needs to be repaired. I'm sorry, but you will have to send it in for rep ...

I have the same problem after uppgrading to the latest firmware, the slave RC dosent work any more.
I called DJI today and they said that something must be wrong with the USB port, THIS IS BAD DJI!
:@
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

larsmunters Posted at 2016-1-6 07:16
I have the same problem after uppgrading to the latest firmware, the slave RC dosent work any more ...

You have tried all the prior posts  suggestions?
I don't think updating firmware would make the USB port on your slave remote not work anymore.
2016-1-5
Use props
thedeepaks
New
Flight distance : 200121 ft
  • >>>
India

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 07:48
You have tried all the prior posts  suggestions?
I don't think updating firmware would make the US ...

Hi Ken,

I have been reading the forum for literally 12+ HOURS. No one could solve my problem.
My problem is little complex. I upgraded my RC firmware via DJI GO app and now I'm stuck with AC which is not giving power to my gimbal and also my RC which is not receiving any data to downgrade to lower firmware.
When I turn my AC and RC on, they are sort of connected as the green light in RC shows up and in DJI GO app it shows everything but the camera's view as the camera has no power coming from AC. I can not see my RC version in about section. Please help me with it. I have a shoot tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
2016-5-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ionut Posted at 2016-1-1 02:04
T ...

Make sure the Inspire 1 is not powered on while you are updating the remote

Rich
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

thedeepaks Posted at 2016-5-16 05:57
Hi Ken,

I have been reading the forum for literally 12+ HOURS. No one could solve my problem.

You have not tried to update the aircraft to 1.8 yet? Since you upgraded the RC to 1.6, you now need to update the aircraft to 1.8 via the SD card.
If you wan ta quick solution then just downgrade the RC back to 1.5.8. Make sure the aircraft is OFF and the RC ON and connected to the app. In the homepage, the graduation hat at the upper right, hold that icon down for 5-10 seconds then that will open up the RC downgrade page and downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 and you'll be all good.
Make sure to have internet access.
2016-5-15
Use props
hggnsreid
New

I have the same issue.  5 hours online support, no luck.  I cannot get the controller to fully recognize my tablet; it seems to be somewhat communicating since it starts the app, but battery level and connection settings are unavailable.  It all started when I updated the drone and remote.  Every time I try to downgrade software it says "disconnected".  No way the USB went bad the same time I was updating.
2016-5-18
Use props
Solo Arts
New

United States

My RC slave is "seeing" a Phantom 4. Isn't seeing the Inspire. I cannot "swipe" and get anything else on the iPad. So, cannot connect to the Master RC.
Cannot get the slave RC to reset using all of the above protocols.
When I do a reset protocol, the light turns red when powered on at first, then back to purple. So, it is not resetting.
When I turn it on, it beeps twice. No idea why.
Last time I used it was months ago. What is the latest RC firmware? I tried to upgrade it via USB to latest I1 firmware as recommended, but it doesn't upload anything, nor does the Master.
Do I need to go back to an earlier firmware in order to being it current?
Why does it see a Phantom 4?

Thanks for any help.
2016-6-18
Use props
justinweiner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Solo Arts Posted at 2016-6-18 13:53
My RC slave is "seeing" a Phantom 4. Isn't seeing the Inspire. I cannot "swipe" and get anything els ...

Echoing your experience here - my slave remote, which used to work fine, is also showing up only as a Phantom 4 aircraft.  I've tried multiple cables and also different devices (and iPad Mini and my iPhone 6s).  It's reporting the current 1.6 firmware, but once I connect over USB - it locks to the Phantom as the only option.  

I have tried changing the working Master and changed it to slave (so it de-pairs from the AC), do a hardware pairing on the RC (C1+C2+MR, Wheel) and it will go into "search mode".  I've pressed the red sync button on the AC, but it won't pair.  I presume it's looking for a Phantom Signal.

Any luck?  I've been going at this for a few hours and found your post on a search.
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

justinweiner Posted at 2016-6-19 07:47
Echoing your experience here - my slave remote, which used to work fine, is also showing up only a ...

If you have not done so already, I would like for you to try the following:

Reset the RC using this stick combination:
- Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
- Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
- Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and the RC should be removed of any mitigating presets. It does not downgrade firmware.

If it's still unable to read as a Slave remote, attempt to make it the Master and then try to put it back as the slave.

Let me know if this helps.
2016-6-20
Use props
AlaskaDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55036 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-20 13:49
If you have not done so already, I would like for you to try the following:

Reset the RC using th ...

I seem to be having the same problem. I have not used the drone for a few months, so everything needed to be updated. But I did not realize it, so turned on the aircraft and RC. The RC will not sync with the Ipad. It shows "disconnected", and I can not go anywhere else. Not sure if the remote began downloading the update, without having the drone updated. I turned on the Ipad and remote, and also had the wifi on. Would this case the remote to begin updating? This is the first time this has happened to me, and I have been updating the drone/RC for over 1 1/2 years
Anyway, I have tried 'resetting" the remote bu pressing the C buttons, whole also holding down the photo button, and have also tried the video button, with no luck (off and on while holding buttons.)
I have also tried 3 sync cords, with no luck.
Could the IOS software update that automatically happens (when on wifi) possibly be locking out the RC (not firmware updated, or current at least)?
Either way, I am stuck with no functioning RC.
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

AlaskaDrone Posted at 2016-6-22 07:39
I seem to be having the same problem. I have not used the drone for a few months, so everything ne ...

The RC shouldn't update on it's own. If you're above the 1.3 firmware, then you could only initiate the update via the Overall Status section of the app. If you are several firmware updates behind, the app might not recognize the device on the most recent DJI Go app version. For clarification, what firmware is your unit currently on? Have you tried applying the aircraft then RC in that order?
2016-6-21
Use props
AlaskaDrone
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-21 20:26
The RC shouldn't update on it's own. If you're above the 1.3 firmware, then you could only initiat ...

My firmware is on the one that was just prior to the recent update. I tried updating the drone last night, but there is a loud beep beep coming from the drone, with NO lights flashing, with a small hint of the beep beep beep that is usually sounded when the drone is up to date.  Not sure why the drone is beeping so loud with no lights.
Everything seems to be messed up now. I have always updated the drone correctly, and have never had troubles. odd.
2016-6-22
Use props
AlaskaDrone
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-21 20:26
The RC shouldn't update on it's own. If you're above the 1.3 firmware, then you could only initiat ...

I tried plugging in a flash drive with the micro updated firmware in it, but nothing happens with the remote. No sound, no flashing light, nothing.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

AlaskaDrone Posted at 2016-6-23 03:36
My firmware is on the one that was just prior to the recent update. I tried updating the drone las ...

That sound indicates that the ESCs did not take the firmware initially. Because you heard the b-b-b sound indicating that the firmware was completed. You would then take out the SD card, reformat, then place it back into the aircraft and power on. The loud beeping sound should be gone. If it does not, reattempt the firmware update. The loud beeping may still be there, but as long as you can either hear or feel the pulsing b-b-b-b sound from the gimbal, you will be fine to leave it alone through the update/ self repair process.

Regarding the RC, it will no longer take the firmware update via a USB adapter and can only be updated via the app once the firmware was passed version 1.3. The newer .bin files off of the website no longer contain RC update packages.

After you address the aircraft update, I would like for you to check the following:

-With the aircraft off and the RC on, connect the RC to the mobile device. Ensure it has a stable internet connection available.

-Press and hold the Academy button on the top left for about 10 seconds, you should be able to see what RC firmware is on it and have the option to upgrade, downgrade or reapply current firmware.
2016-6-22
Use props
userdc68a265c0
New

Puerto Rico

AlaskaDrone Posted at 2016-6-22 15:37
I tried plugging in a flash drive with the micro updated firmware in it, but nothing happens with  ...

Hi

The remote would indicate it was updated to 1.6 if you tried updating via usb but it is not updated. Load firmware 1.3 on the sd card or pen drive so you can go back to 1.3 on the remote. Restart the remote with the iPad connected and update to 1.6 thru the app. Good luck
2016-7-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

AlaskaDrone Posted at 2016-6-22 14:37
I tried plugging in a flash drive with the micro updated firmware in it, but nothing happens with  ...

Do you still need help or do you have it resolved ?

I have a file for the RC I can give you if you need it , just go here for the file and follow instructions.  This is for the RC only version 1.6 on the RC
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47577-1-1.html

donnie
2016-7-6
Use props
gennarodemarco
New

United States

I've got a new controller and can't upgrade or downgrade , at first I tought it was defective USB port but now I believe the FW on controller is so old that it won't communicate with tablet or USB drive or SD USB .
Basically I cannot connect to iPad with controller to do linking .
Am desperate and about to shot it with a shotgun
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-10-1 04:36
I've got a new controller and can't upgrade or downgrade , at first I tought it was defective USB po ...

If you feel that the RC firmware is that old, have you tred the 1.3 firmware update for the RC to unlock the ability to update via the Go app?
2016-9-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-9-30 15:36
I've got a new controller and can't upgrade or downgrade , at first I tought it was defective USB po ...

Try and load the RC transmitter with a thumb drive and use this file right here.  You are going to install just like you do to the aircraft but on the RC usb port.   When the 1.3 file is loaded to the SD card or thumb drive ( whatever ou have that will fit in the USB of the RC transmitter.  Start with the RC Off then install the USB drive and then turn it on . it may take a minute to start but when it does it will make update tones and then should go solid green. From here you should be able to update via the "Go App normally, If you cant let me know and I have other ideas.
Send me an e-mail if you need more  help  

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

1.3.20 -> http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin

good luck - donnie

2016-10-1
Use props
gennarodemarco
New

Am trying to use a brand new controller but can't connect USB to iPad or iPhone , cant gett power to Tabket Either
image.png
image.png
2016-10-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-10-3 09:13
Am trying to use a brand new controller but can't connect USB to iPad or iPhone , cant gett power to ...

First off do you have the correct RC transmitter for an Inspire ?  does it have 2 Antennas ?  Is it BRAND NEW ?
What do you mean you cant get power to the Tablet ?   You are connecting the RC transmitter to the I pad with Go App correct ?     Try to open the first page of go app like in this video and see if you get any download choices  for the RC. Make sure the I pad has wireless internet to it.  watch this vidEo , gives a basic Idea what I want you to try .

Donnie

2016-10-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-10-3 09:13
Am trying to use a brand new controller but can't connect USB to iPad or iPhone , cant gett power to ...

You may have a bad USB port on this transmitter .  It even says device disconnected, try another cable as well, take a video or add some pictures if you can .
sorry you are having trouble

donnie

donnie
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gennarodemarco Posted at 2016-10-3 22:13

Just to clarify, is the device providing any sort of indication that something is connected via USB such as receiving power?
2016-10-3
Use props
roger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1589239 ft
United Kingdom

justinweiner Posted at 2016-6-19 00:47
Echoing your experience here - my slave remote, which used to work fine, is also showing up only a ...

Hi, I spent a day trying to sort out exactly the same problem but it was stuck on a Phantom 4 AC. Eventually I decided to do a RC firmware upgrade even though Phantom 4 was selected. When this was complete I was able to reload the software and select the Inspire. I then did another RC firmware upgrade as requested and was able to link the AC. Everything is now ok.

I hope this helps.

2016-10-5
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.2

Italy

I need a little help,
To make the reset, which button is required to hold in addition to c1 and c2..?
I had conflicting indications, the button of the photographs ( right side) or the button of the video on the left side?
They must be held down at power off, or even to restart?
I have an annoying popup window every time I press the button c1 (it says The Dji go app tried to get acces on C1) and it seems that the solution is the rc reset.
Someone can confirm?
Moreover, the right little wheel (iso), under the photo button, can be pressed but it seems to have not any effect, what is connected?
Many thanks.
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Wieg1 Posted at 2016-10-11 21:28
I need a little help,
To make the reset, which button is required to hold in addition to c1 and c2.. ...

Just as a recap, here are the steps to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off while holding the buttons.
* Turn on the RC and it will be reset.

You don't need the Go app connected when you're performing these steps. It does not have an audio queue for you to go by. After you perform the button combination above, I would recommend manually relinking the RC to the aircraft using this button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-10-11
Use props
gabrielfurman
New

Argentina

Hello, yesterday was updated app DJI and after that it has not been possible to connect the phone with the application. "disconected" message. failure is not USB port and charging the cell. I tried resetting the command but not solved. is there any other way to reset and chek RC firmware from a pc? before updating the app it worked without any problem.
2016-10-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules