How to lock down the Osmo
20574 49 2015-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDai
New

United Kingdom

Scend Media Posted at 2017-1-30 19:35
I use an Osmo Pro with the X5 and the fact that this is not an option is ridiculous IMO.  Especially since a car mount is sold as an accessory.  I have tried to use this on a film shoot numerous times and every time I have to tell the driver to 'drive in a straight line' because the gimbal adjusts for any direction variation.  I have tried orientation lock, smoothtrack off, and I have yet to be able to get a straight shot from this thing. I should be able to set it, frame my subjects and not have to worry about the gimbal drifting if they turn even the slightest.  I +1 this request and immediately.

I am with you on that Scend Media. This is what I'd like to be able to do.  Set up Osmo in-car, frame up my shot then lock it down.

I've been out this afternoon and it just drifts all over the place when cornering yet the handle is locked in place with the car mount.  So frustrating....

Guess its back to GoPro's for In-car and on-car work...
2017-3-15
Use props
fansbcbd8087
New
United States

Another request for the camera to stop drifting. I sometimes shoot interviews or podcasts, and had to keep re-centering the camera through the app.
I'll try lowing some of the settings in the meantime.
2017-4-9
Use props
fansa47045a6
New
Flight distance : 83705496 ft
United States

I am running into the same thing - using the car mount and needing to keep the talent in-frame as the car is turning, etc. Holding your finger on the screen the entire take is not a solution.
2017-5-19
Use props
cagrimertbakirc
New

United States

This really needs to be fixed. It's crazy that we cannot lock the orientation of the gimbal completely so it points at the direction of the stick at all times without drifting.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cagrimertbakirc Posted at 2017-9-20 20:34
This really needs to be fixed. It's crazy that we cannot lock the orientation of the gimbal completely so it points at the direction of the stick at all times without drifting.

What Osmo are you using? Osmo, Osmo+ or other model?
For Osmo, the gimbal can be physically locked on, the shortcoming is the beep warning sound cannot be disabled.
2017-9-20
Use props
Rahsan Gulsan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78983 ft
Turkey

I am using an Osmo+ and I am a big fan of DJI. I own a Phantom 4pro, Ronin mx and Osmo+ with all accesories you can imagine. Even though those accesories are way too expensive in Turkey. My most beloved purchase was incar suction stuff for Osmo. I was planning to use it for incar reviews. But it is impossible to keep the Osmo+ keep looking at me while I drive and talk to the camera. Is there a special setting for this cause orientation Lock and smooth track lock doesn’t work.
And I have another issue, whenever I try moving time lapse, my Osmo+ Tilts left and tries to take pictures like that. No update nothing could fix it. Distrubiter in Turkey does’nt care this kind of problems at al. Can you help??
2017-9-30
Use props
xElizabethx
New

United States

Adding another request for the ability to lock down the Osmo without it beeping for interviews, vlogging, etc. I realize there are better cameras for this but if I'm already lugging the Osmo around, it would be great if its software could handle a case that would require no hardware changes whatsoever...
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Rahsan Gulsan Posted at 2017-9-30 03:11
I am using an Osmo+ and I am a big fan of DJI. I own a Phantom 4pro, Ronin mx and Osmo+ with all accesories you can imagine. Even though those accesories are way too expensive in Turkey. My most beloved purchase was incar suction stuff for Osmo. I was planning to use it for incar reviews. But it is impossible to keep the Osmo+ keep looking at me while I drive and talk to the camera. Is there a special setting for this cause orientation Lock and smooth track lock doesn’t work.
And I have another issue, whenever I try moving time lapse, my Osmo+ Tilts left and tries to take pictures like that. No update nothing could fix it. Distrubiter in Turkey does’nt care this kind of problems at al. Can you help??

Can you provide the video about the tilting situation?  Please note that osmo+ doesn't have active track.
2017-10-20
Use props
GrahamGParker
New
United Kingdom

fansa47045a6 Posted at 2017-5-19 16:10
I am running into the same thing - using the car mount and needing to keep the talent in-frame as the car is turning, etc. Holding your finger on the screen the entire take is not a solution.

Hi. I am wanting to do the same thing. Keeping myself in frame while driving. Tested it for first time tonight and the osmo+ was moving all over the place at one point nearly 180Deg off target. Did you ever find a solution??
2018-8-15
Use props
fans3c061208
New
Sri Lanka

Any updates about this We still want it to be locked like gorillapod vlogging gear like casey do
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules