Just got a V2.0 some questions.
1158 19 2015-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

Hello Guys...

Well what can I say... coming from a P3 this is a very very different machine... Very Exotic indeed, I love it.

Only a few "issues"

1. The arms are a bit wobbly... the quad flies and transforms perfect, no vibrations in the arms or jello on the video as far as I can see, but the arms are a bit loose to the point that they make a clicking sound when they move... they seem to move front and back less than a millimetre.

2. The camera fan did not work at first but I pushed it with a needle and now it works every time... normal?

3. The red dot quick release props have a little play in them unlike the white dot ones which are pretty solid... issue?

4. The gimbal rotates 360 degrees, is there a way I can move it manually without the second controller to yaw? Just like I move it up and down....

5. On the battery voltage meter on the DJI GO app sometimes the voltage goes to "red" level for a bit which I think is below 3.4 volts and then goes back up to "yellow" or "green" voltage readout... all this while having +50% battery remaining... is this normal to fluctuate like this? I get no warnings whatsoever.

So far I am thrilled but would like to clear this issues up...

And to whomever is wondering the FCC ID is still 1014 and T600 label which is wrong thanks DJI!

Thanks!
JC

2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamescole
congrats!
1.  little wobble of the inspire arms is normal, every inspire has that.
2. camera has not been used for a while, so a little push can bring the cooler back to work
3. Also usual
4. press on your screen and slowly swipe asidje
5. just charge the battery , and always take of fully charged
also check this threads
http://forum.dji.com/thread-36947-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-35249-1-1.html
2015-12-21
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-21 20:51
jamescole
congrats!
1.  little wobble of the inspire arms is normal, every inspire has that.

Thanks.... but is the voltage in the "red" fluctuation normal when manuvering the aircraft?

Thanks!
JC
2015-12-21
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

James, I'll check the same red fluctuation when I receive mine tomorrow
2015-12-21
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

On mine in terms of the yaw/pitch, I have one of the hot buttons on the back of the remote set to yaw/pitch so you can yaw with the normal wheel, and then push the hot button to switch it to pitch movement. Seems to be easier than touching the screen to me. Just another option for you.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can program the C1 and C2 buttons to use the dial to control pan and tilt.
And the battery voltage will fluctuate if hovering then going to full throttle.And congrats on the V2, I also just bought a used one last night, i think my P3 Pro is going to get jealous because it's going to be sitting in the back pack a lot more now.
2015-12-22
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have recieved my V2 Inspire 1 today and I also noticed that one arm is loose but my other arm is perfectly firm. I will upload a video soon. I am still charging the batteries but do not want to fly until I can get a confirmation from DJI that it is okay to fly or if I can tighten it down myself somehow.
2015-12-22
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

teamnest1 let us know what happen.

I am baffled by the loose arm fiasco and the "red" propellers being loose as well... any reason for this or did somebody screw up the mould?

JC
2015-12-22
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

My V2 doesn't have any loose parts, arms and all 4 props are very snug with no play.
2015-12-22
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jamescole Posted at 2015-12-22 22:04
teamnest1 let us know what happen.

I am baffled by the loose arm fiasco and the "red" propellers b ...

It isn't horribly loose but it just makes me uncomfortable that one side is solid and one is loose, I will upload a video in the morning. I was updating all the firmware and getting final Christmas things done all day
2015-12-22
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have contacted support and have made a video for their purposes.

(video may still be processing so HD may be unavailable)
Can any fellow pilots check there Inspire 1 V2s and see if they have the same problem.
I only feels a bit of a wobble on One arm. The other is fine. I tried to take a up close video of the space between the middle section and the large nut. Not sure if that has much to do with the problem but just taking it into account.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I just got a 2 week old V2 a few days ago and one arm is tight and the other one has a little play. It's totally fine to fly with.
2015-12-23
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 16:01
I just got a 2 week old V2 a few days ago and one arm is tight and the other one has a little play.  ...

Ken,

Thanks for the input. I just test flew mine and you are right, it flew fine.

Thanks!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Also, if everything is too rigid it could induce harmonic vibrations and give shaky video. As long as you get clean video, I wouldn't worry about it.
2015-12-23
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

teamnest1...

Have you tried converting the craft? does it looks like its struggling when moving the arms or is it ok?

I believe if one or both arms are too tight you might run into that problem... I am just not sure what is the right spec for the Inspire loose or tight?

JC
2015-12-23
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jamescole Posted at 2015-12-23 19:48
teamnest1...

Have you tried converting the craft? does it looks like its struggling when moving the ...

I converted from landing mode to safe mode several times and also into travel mode with no problems. Compared to my old inspire, the transformations are a lot smoother
2015-12-23
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-23 21:01
I converted from landing mode to safe mode several times and also into travel mode with no problem ...

Did you have the same landing gear mechanism on your past inspire?
2015-12-24
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jamescole Posted at 2015-12-24 14:13
Did you have the same landing gear mechanism on your past inspire?

It is different, my past inspire was one of the early models and the metal joints were two pieces, the new inspire has it all into one single wishbone piece.
2015-12-24
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the V2 and 1 arm is slack compared to the other, fly's better than my original I1 which both arms are
even more loose, but that performs  Ok any way.
2015-12-24
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear others are reporting worry free operation. I can finally go on a big flight tomorrow
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules