VOTE for the WINNERS of the DJI DANCE COMPETITION!!!
12Next >
4460 50 2015-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

The DJI Dance Competition has come to a close.

Hey everyone, we got a lot of great submissions, and we’re really impressed by your work. Initially, we planned to pick the winners ourselves, but we thought it would be more fun to give you the power to vote for the winners!
vote.jpg

How do I vote???

To vote, just click here and choose the video you like best. Voting will close on December 26th at 23:30 UTC-8, or US Pacific Time. Voting is IP sensitive, so you'll only have one chance to vote. Feel free to share your favorite videos or this thread with the hashtag #djidance on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks so much for your participation, and MAY THE BEST DANCE WIN!!!

2015-12-21
Use props
tassanilla
lvl.1

United States

Yikes, there are some really... interesting entries.  Did that old "man in black" doing the awful break dancing pay his buddies to vote for him or just threaten to break their kneecaps?!?
2015-12-22
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Good luck everyone, please vote for the little girl that's us

2015-12-22
Use props
ugoventullo
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Tassanilla, dancer in "man in black video" are my friend.
Look at us , we are old but we are happy.
We love mountain bike , fly drone, music and dance.
We work hard for recording video and show how calibrating compass with dance:the core of the request fo the contest DJI.
Two drones in the video. One on earth , one in air.
And we have many friend love us.
Good luck everyone.
Thanks for all.

2015-12-22
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495144 ft
Slovakia

I'm quite disappointed in DJI for not sticking to their own rules. If I knew that the nature of the competition will be to ask as many friends for vote or to share the poll begging for votes to as many places, I would have considered my participation.
If you wanted to let users decide, then you should have made voting possible only by forum members (already registered).
No offence to anyone,

Ugoventullo, don't get me wrong, your video is cool and I see you are not doing anything against the rules. I just wanted to share my opinion. I'm not sure If i want to join this "find as many people to vote for you" competition.
2015-12-22
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

I just got here and my mind is blown. I never knew people actually liked my video, haha. Good Luck everyone!

2015-12-22
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-22 10:53
I'm quite disappointed in DJI for not sticking to their own rules. If I knew that the nature of the  ...

I think what he is doing is fair, everyone has the ability to do it, its just promoting your video. In fact, our video's had to be uploaded to YouTube, so if anyone here, by any chance, happened to be YouTube famous it would have been an automatic win for them. However, I would not do it.

P.S Do you even have a submission? Nvm, you do.
EDIT: DJI themselves said in the original post to share via Facebook and Twitter.
2015-12-22
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-22 19:20
I think what he is doing is fair, everyone has the ability to do it, its just promoting your video. ...

I absolutely agree that what he is doing is fair - even DJI encouraged us, as you said. So that's what we are supposed to do know - and that's the only thing that will decide the winners.
And that's what I don't like --->That now it's more of a competition about who has more followers or friends not about the videos itself.
Sure it is fair, but it's no longer a competition about videos but competition about asking friends, isn't it?
And yes I have a submission.

I believe you understand what I wanted to say ;-).  It's a bit tough for me to express myself as I'm not a native speaker.
Anyway, good luck everybody :-)

2015-12-22
Use props
ugoventullo
lvl.1

Italy

At 8 o'clock p.m. system crash for vote by any pc or smartphone.
At 4 p.m. i was first 40 percent.
At 6 p.m. i was second 20 percent.
At 8 p.m. system crash.
Mysterious
2015-12-22
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

ugoventullo@lib Posted at 2015-12-22 17:01
At 8 o'clock p.m. system crash for vote by any pc or smartphone.
At 4 p.m. i was first 40 percent.
A ...

Not crashed for me...
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

kancur Posted at 2015-12-23 03:16
I absolutely agree that what he is doing is fair - even DJI encouraged us, as you said. So that's  ...

Hi Kancur,

Sorry about the change of plan. In the future, we will make the procedure clear from the begining. We'll be doing more competitions in the future. This is our first one, so we're still figuring out the best ways to conduct them. Personally, I think your video is hilarious. Particularly the metal part

Ranen
2015-12-22
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ranen Posted at 2015-12-22 22:20
Hi Kancur,

Sorry about the change of plan. In the future, we will make the procedure clear from t ...

I agree, I feel that if it wasn't a user vote, there was a really good chance that Kancur could have been in the top 3.
2015-12-22
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmm... I would have thought, as a minimum qualification, the dance would have to actually result in a successful compass calibration.  
2015-12-22
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

gil Posted at 2015-12-22 23:45
Hmm... I would have thought, as a minimum qualification, the dance would have to actually result in  ...

Mine sure did.
2015-12-22
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

I really don't like the public vote. It's basically whoever has the most followers to vote for them on Facebook or YouTube wins. Nobody is going to sit and watch all 17 videos to decide who they think is best.
2015-12-22
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Also. #9 is some how in the lead with 51% of the votes and their video is okay, but not nearly as good as some of the other entries that were edited and filmed very well. I find it kinda suspicious. It's not that hard to download any Vpn or proxy and change your ip to vote for yourself.  Either that or they have a big follower group and just tell them to vote for them.This is pretty much a contest to see who can spoof the most ip's
2015-12-22
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 07:00
Also. #9 is some how in the lead with 51% of the votes and their video is okay, but not nearly as go ...

DJI-Ranen: thank you
Michael M: This is my concern too, it's too easy to use VPN or even easier to vote for yourself if you have dynamic IP. If the users were to vote, it should be allowed only for already registered forum members.  So what do we do now? I'm quite hesitant whether to ask all my friends to vote (as this is the only way to win (not counting voting for yourself- vpns, dynamic ip..))

Should I win this way, I wouldn't feel good. What are we gonna do?.... so .. should we (me and my gf) ask all our friends and not feel bad about it? :-/ is this the core of the competition now? Am I expected to do that?
Thank you for response
2015-12-23
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Great Idea, Kancur! I've the dynamic IP too. I will switch router on/off all day!
I'm joking, of course. Good Luck everyone and may the best win (or the one with a large number or friends).
I hope you will choose another procedure for next contests
2015-12-23
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

Mauro Pagliai Posted at 2015-12-23 11:48
Great Idea, Kancur! I've the dynamic IP too. I will switch router on/off all day!
I'm joking, of  ...

I have static IP unfortunately (i wouldn't do that)  I'm gonna go the route of asking friends. I believe it's the new point of the competition.... .. not that I like it... good luck everyone
2015-12-23
Use props
ugoventullo
lvl.1

Italy

It 'just what has happened.
I asked all my friends on facebook to vote for me and it took me a day to get the votes that instead others have collected in 30 minutes.
Honestly I can not go to the trouble all my friends to win a battery.
I think I have done a good job and you can see from the video that it took so long to build.
DJI was to reward according to the rules established at the beginning and do not show the vote.
Good flight at all.
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

I have no idea how to use a VPN/Proxy, I just know a lot of people and have over 450+ friends on Facebook. I wouldn't consider it cheating, if it wasn't allowed I wouldn't do it.
2015-12-23
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-23 15:41
I have no idea how to use a VPN/Proxy, I just know a lot of people and have over 450+ friends on Fac ...

It's not cheating. DJI encouraged us to do so. I guess we have no choice. So I started sharing it on facebook groups as well, sending to my friends and so on. An FPV community page here in Slovakia shared my post, that's great :-). But still It's a pity that's it's no longer a video competition but a competition to find as many people to vote for us.
Good luck everybody, atleast we will do a bit of advertisement for DJI.
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 00:57
I really don't like the public vote. It's basically whoever has the most followers to vote for them  ...

DJI already acknowledged that. They said they will make things more clear next time, and will be having more competition's soon.
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Both ways, this form of marketing seems to be working, a bunch of my friends asked for pictures of my drone and links to the website.
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 01:00
Also. #9 is some how in the lead with 51% of the votes and their video is okay, but not nearly as go ...

Not sure if you are mad because you didn't get many votes, but before I even got here I had 15-20 votes. Not everyone is looking for a serious and movie style edited video rather something funny and entertaining.
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-23 01:41
Michael M: This is my concern too, it's too easy to use VPN or even easier to ...

I dunno, if it was a public vote I would have not spent two days mAking a video. I've asked everyone I know on fb, YouTube etc.  But this comp is so cheesy that no one really bothers. Don't get me wrong this was a great idea and I love it but only a few select people will care. I have access to lots of people where I can market to but that's the wrong kind of area. And I don't know if I wan to ask my friends to vote and watch them laugh at us as I fail at dancing. ;)  
Apperantly asking your friends is the only way to win. So I guess I'm done doing Dji competitions unless they take down this dumb vote rule for this comp. we spent so much time just making this video and many others too. I've posted a it this on the Dji group on fb and everybody agrees that the voting system is dumb.
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-23 01:41
Michael M: This is my concern too, it's too easy to use VPN or even easier to ...
Oops sorry for double post
I dunno, if it was a public vote I would have not spent two days mAking a video. I've asked everyone I know on fb, YouTube etc.  But this comp is so cheesy that no one really bothers. Don't get me wrong this was a great idea and I love it but only a few select people will care. I have access to lots of people where I can market to but that's the wrong kind of area. And I don't know if I wan to ask my friends to vote and watch them laugh at us as I fail at dancing. ;)  
Apperantly asking your friends is the only way to win. So I guess I'm done doing Dji competitions unless they take down this dumb vote rule for this comp. we spent so much time just making this video and many others too. I've posted a it this on the Dji group on fb and everybody agrees that the voting system is dumb.
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-23 07:05
Not sure if you are mad because you didn't get many votes, but before I even got here I had 15-20  ...

Not mad at all at who's winning. Not happy about the fact Dji changes the rules to make it who will ask the most people to vote
2015-12-23
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 17:27
Not mad at all at who's winning. Not happy about the fact Dji changes the rules to make it who wil ...

Absolutely agree with you! The whole point of the competition changed. Its no longer about best video.  I too spent several days creating a video,  if i knew that DJI will change the rules, there would be no point in dedicating that much time to creating something that has no power to change the results whatsoever. If they wanted users to decide,  they could have created a vote thread where members ALREADY registered would vote.
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

kancur Posted at 2015-12-23 08:52
Absolutely agree with you! The whole point of the competition changed. Its no longer about best vid ...

Took the words out of my mouth.
Also, I noticed you were from Slovakia! Ahoj
2015-12-23
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 18:00
Took the words out of my mouth.
Also, I noticed you were from Slovakia! Ahoj

ahoj
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Fair enough, DJI already acknowledged it though and said they will be making rules clear from the start. They can't change these current rules again for a second time, that would be ridiculous. If I can suggest one thing, use your time now to go share your video in as many places as possible. I actually just went to a local hobby shop and asked if I could put up a post to check out the contest. If you put work in you will get results. I can definitely realize why some people are annoyed at the rule change though.
2015-12-23
Use props
Smishie
New

Belgium

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-23 18:13
Fair enough, DJI already acknowledged it though and said they will be making rules clear from the st ...

and ofc they all voted for you ?
really this is madness in 2/3h someone that had no vote now ends up being 2nd lol...
DJI team should choose the winner nothing else,
this isnt a silly contest to win tshirts or smthing like this, the first and second price are well worthy the fight for it... ppl will just use any way they can to win.
2015-12-23
Use props
Smishie
New

Belgium

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-23 15:41
I have no idea how to use a VPN/Proxy, I just know a lot of people and have over 450+ friends on Fac ...

So u just basically admit ppl vote for you and not for your video quality?
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

Smishie Posted at 2015-12-23 16:02
and ofc they all voted for you ?
really this is madness in 2/3h someone that had no vote now en ...

Yes! Agreed. I don't know about any others, but we actually spent a day or two working on our video. At least contestants should receive a battery or something
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Smishie Posted at 2015-12-23 19:10
So u just basically admit ppl vote for you and not for your video quality?

I never admitted that, I told people to check out the contest and that my submission was number 9. 2/3hours? More like 2 days. Also, check out the Roof Dancer who got 80 votes in 1 and a half hours.
EDIT: Why are people with no submission getting involved... Also have you people never watched an award show such as the Streamys, AMA's, etc. They are VOTED in. Since when do fans of someone vote for someone who they don't know?
2015-12-23
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-23 19:11
Yes! Agreed. I don't know about any others, but we actually spent a day or two working on our vide ...

You seem to act like if there was no voting you were guaranteed a prize. You're not the only one who spent a while working on their video. Its just a competition, there will be more. Chill out.
Furthermore, we both may have put 1/2+ days into our videos, but the difference is I just put another 2 days into racking through contacts trying to market my video. If you put the same effort in, you definitely could have a top 3 position.

EDIT: Last thing, you seemed quite content with the idea of voting in your first post in this thread stating:
Good luck everyone, please vote for the little girl that's us
You only started to have a problem once you realized you weren't getting as many votes as expected.
2015-12-23
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2015-12-23 16:33
You seem to act like if there was no voting you were guaranteed a prize. You're not the only one wh ...

Most of us are  pissed cause dji changed the rules. I don't care who wins or who doesn't, but Dji pulled a move that was not a very smart one. Do you really think anyone is going to watch all 17 videos and decide the best? They just vote because uou told them to.
And dude, quit down voting everyone's post who does not agree with you. Like seriously how old are you
2015-12-24
Use props
kancur
lvl.2
Slovakia

I'm really sad that dji cancelled the competition at the date of announcing the winners. and made a RACE -  who can get most friends vote for them,  or who can change his ip adress at the fastest pace instead. The conditions which should have been met in a video are ignored.  Its the same as if the competition was cancelled.  And a new one that has nothing to do with videos created. :/ it's such a pity
2015-12-24
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Canada

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-24 03:32
Most of us are  pissed cause dji changed the rules. I don't care who wins or who doesn't, but Dji p ...

I'm laughing cause I didn't downvote anyone's post. Everyone downvoted mine though...
2015-12-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules