DJI Would this work?
1924 8 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guymacdonald
lvl.4

Australia

I asked this question quite a long time ago but it remains un-answered.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2073

I will ask it again in a different way. (have learnt a little more since)

Why cannot the Phantom 2 in Phantom Mode (not Naza) automatically execute something similar to IOC (Course Lock) if it loses GPS?

Not perfect but the Phantom coming closer is better than it going further away!

Dont mind if someone from DJI says it cant be done at the moment but will give it some thought!

Regards

Guy MacDonald

2014-12-28
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

If the Phantom loses GPS it does not know where home is or how to get there, NAZA CL is just helping you with the orientation of the Phantom, it does not require GPS as its up to you to fly it back home, but you do need to have set it up right at the start of the flight.
2014-12-28
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, Guy,
If there's <6 GPS (as you said loses GPS condition), the HL won't work and only CL is available.
If the flight control suddenly switches to CL automatically, the operator may be confused due to the head direction change.
So we wish the operator could learn how the CL works first, and then he can switch to CL once he needs during the flight in Naza M mode.
2014-12-29
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-29 18:24
OK I see your point but can you tell me if would be possible for the Flight Controller to make cal ...

Hi, Guy,
I suppose your mean is:
1. The drone recorded the home point at first;
2. Flying far away and loses GPS;
3. Could the compass help the HL.
The compass can only feedback the direction (N,S,E,W) of the drone, rather than the location. The HL function needs both the Home Point location and the drone location that only GPS signal can provide
For the definition of HL, You can refer to the Naza M user manual in DJI's website
2014-12-29
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Guy your basicly asking for inertial navigation. That's a rather expensive system to be added to a consumer priced platform. Tomahawk missiles include them in their sensor package. More than 1 million bucks a pop.
2014-12-29
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-30 14:16
Sorry but you are missing my point. I am only asking if the Phantom could be made to fly in a calcu ...

Got your point, it's a really good idea.
If the flight path is too long, the GPS and compass shall have a relative high precision, otherwise the calculation deviation might be magnified.
DJI has SDK for fans to read the flight information and add fantastic functions. Maybe you could try that:
http://dev.dji.com/
2014-12-29
Use props
eastwell1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I like your ideas Guy very interesting pity they haven,t got that now ,would of saved me a fortune lol
2014-12-30
Use props
eastwell1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-12-30 17:42
We need someone in DJI or someone cleverer than me to pick up the ball and run with it!

I have dow ...

Same to you Guy
2014-12-30
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

I found one that seems to fit the bill on size for a phantom.  Working on how high the price point would be.

Dimensions
(excluding tabs)30x30x24 mm
Dimensions
(including tabs)30x40.6x24 mm
Weight 37 grams

http://www.advancednavigation.co ... _wcB#specifications

Guy Ole Gunny's a Scotch man, but anytime your in the DFW area gimme a shout and we can throw a few back.

2014-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules