28496 254 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-12-24 22:53
Ok, somebody want to elaborate?  I have just come back from overseas with over 100 flights on 153  ...

A few people (myself included) have had problems with the drone vibrating badly following a firmware upgrade from version 1.4 to 1.5.  The best action has so far been to downgrade back to 1.4 & reduce gain settings, although that hasn't totally fixed it, it has helped a little.  If you go to 1.6 you can't get back to 1.4.  It's nothing any inspections can check for until it's happened, at which point it's too late until a new firmware update is released to fix it, which hasn't happened yet.
2015-12-24
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Rob W Posted at 2015-12-25 01:19
DJI, Why can't you answer the most important question here? Does this firmware fix the vibration i ...

As some of us have said,  what vibration issues??
2015-12-24
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

phantom3.nikola Posted at 2015-12-25 02:40
Hey guys, so I was updating my phantom and I turned it off accidentally and after that remote unconn ...

how possibly can you accidentally turn it off?   press power once,  let go,  press again and hold for 2 secs,   whoops did that accidentally ???
2015-12-24
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nicwilson Posted at 2015-12-24 23:54
Question is why would you want it?

So I don´t have to crop for a Thunderbolt display
2015-12-24
Use props
SightFlight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI GO app for iOS version updates to: v2.4.3
2015-12-24
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-12-24 23:49
As some of us have said,  what vibration issues??

Firmware Update 1.5 & Vibrations
2015-12-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 2015-12-25 11:17
So I don´t have to crop for a Thunderbolt display

Why would you crop the picture? Use good image processing software and re-scale it, that way you keep your original field of view and maintain resolution.
2015-12-25
Use props
ramtej789
New

India

Can u please explain how to update the firmware
2015-12-25
Use props
alfredodiazm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 389610 ft
Venezuela

After we update the firmware with all batteries do we have to leave/ remain the file in card? have got multiple messague that that file its the same in the airctaft
2015-12-25
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,

I am in Italy and I did the update. Everything okay :-)

But.... Is there an altitude change? I am not able to fly higher the 150m (in P-modes)? (It was 500m)

Normally this is enough but with a lot of hills you need sometimes more "meters" from your takeoff place.

Nice Christmas everybody
2015-12-25
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2015-12-25 10:17
Why would you crop the picture? Use good image processing software and re-scale it, that way you k ...

Damn. Need to redo a 100 vids now....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNhCCunhk4NED7X0B3O-FJA
2015-12-25
Use props
Vasek
lvl.2

Czechia

Did the update yesterday incl 3 batteries everything went smoothly and no issues at all. Recalibrated the imu afterwards.  Today 3 flights ( one in the night) no vibrations night shots fine and satisfactory sharp.
2015-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 2015-12-26 06:51
Damn. Need to redo a 100 vids now....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNhCCunhk4NED7X0B3O-FJA

I shoot everything at 4K then use the free Blackmagic Resolve software to re-scale it to 1080 for release, and it does an excellent job of re-scaling, plus you get the bonus of excellent colour correction along the way if you want it.
2015-12-25
Use props
EricJackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2153967 ft
United States

Flipperman Posted at 2015-12-22 09:51
My DJI GO appiOS version is 2.4.3 and has been since 18/12 according to the App Store ?

I notice th ...

had the same problem and had to delete the app and reinstall it. lost any footage i have saved
2015-12-25
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

just to negate any fears anyone may have over the new firmware,   yesterday and today we did an extensive tests of the new firmware The P3P started off with a full inspection of the aircraft,  each prop was checked for balance,  each battery was inserted, checked and waited for its firmware update to complete.  As we believe what the unit tells us and we never do anything willy nilly,  as it stated in the sensors page that IMU calibration was not needed we did not do it.  we don't even do the compass unless we move a very very long way from the last calibration or unless it tells us to do it.  we still believe and maintain many faults reported here are pilot error or calibrating just for the sake of it just because a firmware has been changed.  Every flight is started off with low altitude and a full check of controls and movement of the aircraft,  and the flight continued if all looks ok.   The environment flown in is also checked for possible interference areas, towers, antenna etc.,  and flights only occur if I/we are happy that its safe to fly.

We used 6 fully charged batteries taking each of them to very low amounts under 5% which we never usually do but wanted to push this test as far as we could.  we flew it using auto return home on low battery,  forced return home by the remote button,  automatic take-off and landing,  manual take off and landing,  we checked for drift in low wind and high winds,  we checked for stability,  we flew in low wind conditions,  we also took it out quite a way to sea with some very high wind conditions,  we took it to maximum legal altitude of 120 meters,  flew it high to mid altitude,  flew it at extremely low altitudes skimming the ground very low.  we flew it in and out of under cover areas to purposely effect GPS,  and also metal coverings hoping to effect its compass, we checked for any vibrations.  we flew it fast,  we flew it slow we flew in the open,  in and out of obstacles and anything we could think of.   For many hours in many different places we could not fault the craft,  it was completely rock stable.   we have not however flown it in cold conditions though,  as its not cold here with temperatures ranging from 25 degrees C to 38 degrees C, so I will let someone else do some testing in places where it may be very cold.

we are happy to say this firmware is fine as far as we can tell,  we could not fault anything about it at all, and recommend all users apply it but suggest don't do silly calibrations just because someone tells you that you should.  Look at the sensors page and let it tell you if it needs to be done.   

cheers
NicW
2015-12-26
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-25 10:29
Firmware Update 1.5 & Vibrations

a post/thread from others users does not prove an issue,  with plenty of phantoms in the group and been running 1.5 for hours and hours and hundreds of flights we are yet to see any signs of any vibrations.  so I am not convinced this is a firmware issue
2015-12-26
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nicwilson, did you test also the max altitude? (Still possible to set it to 500 in p-modes)

Nice report...thanks
2015-12-26
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-25 09:36
A few people (myself included) have had problems with the drone vibrating badly following a firmwa ...

When was the last time you balanced the props?   Firmware changes can effect prop speed at temperature which may lead to out of balance prop resonance?   we have extensive tests on that firmware with a few phantoms and never seen an issue,  so its definitely  NOT a generic firmware issue,  so must be some other common denominator,  and to me off the cuff,  out of balance props at some speed rotation the most likely culprit,  as i HAVE seen vibration on a bad prop.
2015-12-26
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

SHamers Posted at 2015-12-26 19:37
Nicwilson, did you test also the max altitude? (Still possible to set it to 500 in p-modes)

Nice re ...

Hi,

Under Australian law we cannot go over 120 meters,  so no sorry we try to always stay within the law,  which is sometimes hard, but there you go  ;)
2015-12-26
Use props
kontakt.chkuehl
New

Germany

As a beginner just a short question: It's said, that there is a max. altitude of 120m for the phantom. What happens, when I'm flying in Norway next summer, where is a cliff with about 1000m vertical descent? Does the phantom descent for 880m to be 120m above the valley/fjord and can't come back to the top of the mountain?
2015-12-26
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kontakt.chkuehl Posted at 2015-12-26 10:14
As a beginner just a short question: It's said, that there is a max. altitude of 120m for the phanto ...

The P3 has a max alt of 500m not 120. By default the app is set to 120 and if yuo change it to something higher ) up to 500 ) it will make you accept a warning..

To answer the question, no the P3 will not descent. the altitude limit ( 500m ) is from the takeoff point not sea level.
2015-12-26
Use props
briarcliff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11089 ft
United States

Anyone having RC signal loss after 12/25 firmware update
2015-12-26
Use props
briarcliff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11089 ft
United States

davidrayplummer Posted at 2015-12-24 07:15
Bought Phantom 3 Standard about a week ago from Best Buy. Flew it a handful of times, no problems. ...

Same issue with Rc signal loss after update. All working great before that.
2015-12-26
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-12-26 09:38
When was the last time you balanced the props?   Firmware changes can effect prop speed at temperat ...

I'm inclined to think the same way as I've discovered the vibrations don't always happen.  Also, I have proven to myself that the vibrations can disappear at certain RPM's, so it's definitely related to motor speeds.  However, although it may not be directly caused by the firmware update, you can't escape the fact that the problems started on the first flight after the update & not just for me.

The drone is meant to work as a kit as supplied without additional balancing, which it doesn't always do any more.

I've just ordered a balancer to check & adjust the props (which are all new), & I've also marked the set I used last without problems so they all go on the same motors for testing.  I'm hoping you're right & I can get rid of the problem as easily as that.  If I can I'll be very happy.

It's not a major issue if prop balancing eliminates it, it's just annoying that the problem didn't show itself before now.
2015-12-26
Use props
magic280z
lvl.1

United States

RC Signal loss here too P3S.  There is another thread suggesting re-linking the controller with mixed success.  It did not work for me.
2015-12-26
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 12:06
2.7 was available before this 1.6 update.

I just updated the firmware to 1.6 and I don't see 2.7 video size. Is this option on the androids only because I have an ipad?
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's there in your iPad, you should see 2704x1520 and 24fps or 30fps.
Make sure you have the latest GO app update 2.4.3
If you din't install 2.4.3, install it and if the app crashes, delete it and reinstall and you'll be good.
2015-12-26
Use props
RobyR
New

Italy

After 1.6 firmware upgrade i have no video on my ipad 2 air and 2.4.3 iOS app. 'no signal' appears in the upper bar of dji go app.

What can i do now?

2015-12-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-22 13:15
Yes, for the first time when opening the app on IOS it may shut down. Deleting the app, power cyclin ...

When I did my update it just kept beeping. I powered everything down and rebooted everything. It kept beeping for an hour and then I shut it down and checked the Bin File and there were 3 aborts and a final success. I reinserted the SD Card and powered up and everything is fine.
2015-12-27
Use props
skott2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19544 ft
United States

I too am experiencing problems after upgrading to firmware version 1.6.
1.) My iPad2 Mini is loosing signal every few seconds.
2.) The video signal is choppy and flickers.
I have down graded to version 1.5 and then tried to upgrade to 1.6 again and this did not resolve the issue.
I had never experienced this prior to eithe the firmware version 1.6 or the DJI go App 2.4.

Please advise if there are other possible fixes that I could try.
Thanks

2015-12-27
Use props
claus211
New

Germany

1. under OverallStatus, no software version of the controller is displayed?
How do I know this?
2015-12-27
Use props
skott2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19544 ft
United States

claus211 Posted at 2015-12-27 10:54
1. under OverallStatus, no software version of the controller is displayed?
How do I know this?

If I understand your question: To quote another user from the forum: "Once your device has warmed up, touch the icon in the extreme upper right hand corner. [of the display on your tablet device]
Scroll the screen until you see "About...."
Touch that line and you will see the firmware version of the Phantom, the controller and the GO app."

2015-12-27
Use props
babicd.cro
lvl.1

Croatia

What about vibrations problem??? How many SOS before you fix rhis problem?
2015-12-27
Use props
rbarton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273999 ft
United States

The update has gone well for me with one exception. Prior to the update my iPad pro was able to play the videos that I downloaded off of the phantom. Since the update I get an unsupported format error on playback. Taking the files into iMvie and exporting them solves the issue, Has anyone else seen this issue?

IPadPro iOS v9.2
P3P v1.6.40

Thanks
2015-12-27
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

nigelwilkins Posted at 2015-12-27 09:56
I'm inclined to think the same way as I've discovered the vibrations don't always happen.  Also, I ...

"Without additional balancing"  are you serious?   So an app can totally remove resonant frequency?   Where on earth did you learn that?
Lets get this clear, to overcome such posts.  Every prop needs  balancing and even fresh out of the box I have had some way out of balance.   Resonant frequency will and does occur,  and while you may get away without doing it,  like you can with your car,  it can and will cause issues especially when the prop get worse with use,  just as it gets worse with your car tyres as they get worse.

the DU-BRO balancer with the extra shaft for the P3P is not very expensive considering and you then eliminate the props as a possible source of vibration.

nw

2015-12-27
Use props
nigelwilkins
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nicwilson Posted at 2015-12-27 23:49
"Without additional balancing"  are you serious?   So an app can totally remove resonant frequency? ...

Where did I learn that?  I learnt it in the automotive industry!  Do you have to balance the pistons in your car's engine? or the wheels & tyres?  No, they come balanced.  Just because it's normal for props to need balancing, doesn't mean it's right.  Look at the turnover of DJI & it's targeted customers, the general public.  I, like many, am not expert on drones & shouldn't need to be.  I'm a photographer, not particularly interested in the intricacy's of my tools.  Yes, I will learn & improve it where I can, but I shouldn't have to just to get a reliable tool.
2015-12-27
Use props
gbeck
lvl.1

Australia

Well, trying to upgrade to the V01.06.0040 has BRICKED my P3P. Tried absolutely everything and it fails to update to any firmware version I try. The DJI Go app now says "No Signal" and there is no output from the camera to the iPad.

Good one DJI!

You've released a Firmware update that your own app instructs you to update to and it has STUFFED my P3P, which WAS working fine until this!

Okay then, it may not be "stuffed", but it is at the moment. What a pack of clowns. I'm very very disappointed about this.

Not happy. :@

2015-12-27
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gbeck@tpg.com.a Posted at 2015-12-28 11:55
Well, trying to upgrade to the V01.06.0040 has BRICKED my P3P. Tried absolutely everything and it fa ...

What device are you using, and do you have telemetry and all other functions and only video doesn't work?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2015-12-28 12:00
but tell me this here , why are the props out of balance?, aren't props manufactured by DJI with t ...

The stock DJI props that come with the P3 do not need balancing in my eyes. I've had several multirotors and always balanced the props (even on the Phantom2)
But since the Phantom3, I haven't balanced the props. I had about 285 flights on the first set of props and I only changed them because I was doing a flight over the ocean and wanted to make sure I used new props.
I've never had an issue, are the props 100% perfectly balanced, I don't know. I just go fly and have fun.
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules