37300 21 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OpaloMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189705 ft
United States

Hello all!!

Just got my Phantam 3 STARNDARD and can't wait to use it.  Watched all the great tutorals but found one kind of missing and with that nothing really documented AT ALL about it.  That being how to charge the controller.  More what status the controller should be in with LED lights flashing or not.  I have no idea what state the controller is in now.  All I do know is that I have plugged it into the wall and have 1 red light.  The controller came shipped with only 1 GREEN light.  I understand it may take a bit to charge but I really reallly really really would like to know what to expect as I am charging it? Just the red LED? should the green LEDs be flashing left to right as the main battery does? Does RED Mean that there is an error? Please help Thank you and yes please if you would post a VIDEO about it

Thanks
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

HI

the controller have  4 lights next to the on of light  each light indicate 25% of the power level of the controller so if you have 2 lights you have 50% of battery

to charge you can use your phone charger  or a computer

Red light wile charging means that the controller is charged when it turns to green thats mean that the controller is charged

Regards
2015-12-22
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-22 20:55
HI

the controller have  4 lights next to the on of light  each light indicate 25% of the power leve ...

Thank you.  Had to ask since the controller charging is different than the main battery so I wasn't sure if just one red light was an error.  But happy to say I did find the full user manual online as well and found the  needed info.
2015-12-22
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

OpaloMan Posted at 2015-12-22 23:10
Thank you.  Had to ask since the controller charging is different than the main battery so I wasn' ...

No worries ;) we are here to help . also  if you try range please let me know what range you get with your P3S  

2015-12-22
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-22 21:33
No worries ;) we are here to help . also  if you try range please let me know what range you get w ...

Well I think I charged it..now it just flashes the yellow lights and I can't seem to link to it tonight.  Try again tomorrow
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You charge it with android USB cable. The whole charge process can take more then 3 hours
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-22 20:55
HI

the controller have  4 lights next to the on of light  each light indicate 25% of the power leve ...

A new day is here. All seems to be fully changed.  when turning on the Phantom 3 Standard this morning the first set of lights ended with it beeping which I think was the ICM error.  Then trying it again went back to yellow flashing.

Unable to connect my Galaxy Tab A.  Turned both controller and Phantom 3 Standard on and when looking at the local network connections on tablet I see no listing for the drone.
2015-12-23
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

OpaloMan Posted at 2015-12-23 10:28
A new day is here. All seems to be fully changed.  when turning on the Phantom 3 Standard this mor ...

this is normal after you charge the controller you are hear some beeps when you turn it on . i dont why dont know why but i just know that it do it

well i dont know why you are not able to connect the controller to the Quad .
did you check in your tabled if you are able to see the phantom wifi network?  if not please reset the wifi settings in your controller may be you chage  the name of the network

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a video that shows how to re-link and how to reset the WiFi, follow those instructions and let us know if you you get it all up and running.

2015-12-23
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 11:09
Here's a video that shows how to re-link and how to reset the WiFi, follow those instructions and le ...

thanks for the video DJI Ken
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 09:09
Here's a video that shows how to re-link and how to reset the WiFi, follow those instructions and le ...

Nice video thank you.  All is set and she seems to want to fly.  Yet one small issue still can not connect to the Samsung galaxy Tab A.  When trying to reset using the controller the controller sticks at blicking green/red fast until turned off.  Yes wow a noob here omg..
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

It may be your device, can you try your phone?
Here's a list of the devices that will for sure work.
iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 10:10
It may be your device, can you try your phone?
Here's a list of the devices that will for sure work. ...

Sorry to say I don't have a phone. I bought the tablet just for the drone usage.    The tablet seems to have been working fine for the week that I have had it..and OMG was able to use it right out of the box connecting to my home network and all..
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

"When trying to reset using the controller the controller sticks at blinking green/red fast until turned off. "
if you take upload a video of what you're talking about if you still cannot get it going, when powering everything up you should get a solid green light on the aircraft.
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 10:33
"When trying to reset using the controller the controller sticks at blinking green/red fast until tu ...

Ok before I give up and just return it and wait a year..why wouldn't a basic network connection work with this tablet?  My guess is that it is just a very basic computer-to-computer network connection so one would think that we could get it to connect.  Yes of course will it work after the simple connection but well....I think I'm burned out for now heh   And yes I think most of my issues have been that I haven't been able to connect to the Go App to tell me why the drone wasn't setup and running yet so I've been working on the dark here to get it setup to the point where it is ready to run but still unable to do a simple network connection.  I do thank you all and am sorry for this post
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Since it's brand new and you haven't flown it yet, you did register it correct?
And the Go app is extremely powerful and requires a lot of processing power to make it run.
2015-12-23
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

As DJI ken say make sure that you dont have lots of application open . thats the problem on android that it require a lot of RAM and CPU to run the app wile other apps are running
so close all the apps and then  try to open the DJI app
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-23 13:25
As DJI ken say make sure that you dont have lots of application open . thats the problem on android  ...

Well the latest issue and at the end I think was the overall issue is that I'm unable to make a wifi connection to the drone.  When looking at local connections the drone is not listed.

Galaxy tab A

Galaxy tab A

I did reset the link a few times to see if I could get it to show but at the end no go and sorry to say she got boxed ready to be shipped back tomorrow

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get it going.
2015-12-23
Use props
OpaloMan
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 14:04
I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get it going.

No issues really.  Would have really liked to use one this year but will wait one more year and see what next year's models will have.  At the end they will be cheaper, have a lot more features and most importantly will be supported on more devices.

BTW to mount the tablet I was going to use a GripGo

2015-12-23
Use props
kitoy
New

Philippines

hi, my controller is no longer charging. no LED lights working. any thoughts? any troubleshooting tips? appreciate your response here. thanks!
2017-2-1
Use props
fans22dda1f2
New
United States

What does it mean when the status LED on the remote turns yellow when charging?
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules