Phantom 3 Standard update (RC signal lost issue)
149135 159 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-1 10:53
Good to hear!
Have hope VD, I am sure they are working on the kinks.

Always the optimist.
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

That I am. 18861704hbcbh_sm.jpg

2016-6-1
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

LOL LOL LOL LOL
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Now to add some humor to all this.

2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-2 00:07
Now to add some humor to all this.

Very nice, what ever happened to him.
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-1 15:41
Very nice, what ever happened to him.

Side note:
You have another spammer.
josephf8977
http://forum.dji.com/thread-96-10-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-475-13-1.html

Back to topic
Byran fixed his bird, but has not been flying much.  Last I heard he has been working too much to do any flight time.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-3 05:19
Side note:
You have another spammer.
josephf8977

Got it, thanks
Your attachments have gone to R&D, we'll see what they say.
I missed Bryan, hope he's doing well.
2016-6-2
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-2 16:24
Got it, thanks
Your attachments have gone to R&D, we'll see what they say.
I missed Bryan, hope ...

Yeah, seems he is better.  Think he just blew a major gasket when his bird crashed.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-3 21:37
Yeah, seems he is better.  Think he just blew a major gasket when his bird crashed.

Ya, that's why you shouldn't use two apps at the same time.
2016-6-3
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 08:55
Ya, that's why you shouldn't use two apps at the same time.

17434-redneck-fail_w.jpg
2016-6-3
Use props
andybloo1
New

United Kingdom

vicentearnaez Posted at 2015-12-24 19:54
I had the Problem of the RC SIGNAL LOST, so the only way I could solve this was ReLinking the RC. Yo ...

I go through the correct procedure several times but my RC never connects to the AC. I leave it beeping for 10 minutes but nothing. If I turn the AC on and off several times it connects.but it takes ages some times. Maybe 15 resets before RC connects to AC.
2016-6-6
Use props
homerdom
New

Ukraine

Hi all, After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal. I actually helped with the installation of this version of the firmware 1,5,7: P3S Signal Issue FIX http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369 but first I put the version dji-go-2-7-2-apkplz.com.apk, I do not remember where , but just at this forum there is a link . After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal , now all works well , 120 meters stable video transmitted. Thank you very much to the author !
2016-6-9
Use props
Rachet
lvl.1

Romania

homerdom Posted at 2016-6-9 16:11
Hi all, After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the vide ...

"120 meters stable video transmitted" and you say everything works well?
2016-6-11
Use props
DataPools
New

United States

I reinstalled the firmware update using the app. You click the finished update notification and click install update and it will reinstall the firmware. Worked for me.
2016-6-22
Use props
tradestar11
New

United States

ivanlinbibs Posted at 2016-5-5 12:17
the those who have the RC Signal loss Issue try to install the latest firmware on to ur P3 with the  ...

WHY EVEN RESPOND IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE VAGUE. CAN YOU GIVE SOME DIRECTIONS ON HOW EXACTLY TO DO THAT?  
2016-6-24
Use props
traxanidis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31667 ft
Greece

Hello everybody,

Had the same problem with 1.6.80 fw, just downgraded to previous 1.4.5+(if i remember correctly), flew it at 50m height and 150m distance,twice in a park close to my place
and worked fine and tomorrow i will test it above sea at the port, because i have to film a sailing compatition and this firmware was pain in my @@s....
i have external antenas btw not the original, reinstalling original made no difference.
the techical support told me, and to everybody else i suppose, relink-format sd-reinstall app-calibrate etc to solve this.
i saw the same problem occured in adv and pro edition, but a new fw released there and problem solved.
standard edition maybe isn't that important...
anyways, follow these directions
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-1.html
The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format
2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format
3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)
4. Connect to DJI GO App and press for 3-5sec the right top button to enter the downgrade mode.(to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app. when downgrade finises, on top of main screen will appear update notification.)
5. Then Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.
6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard
NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

and downgrade your AC so you can fly again! of course then calibrate AC, relink RC, make all the set ups just like it's out of the box!

and wait until they release a new firmware!
i will not update (maybe never again!) until someone breave enough test it and gives us the ''green light'',
beacause this was a good lesson, as i was in front of my pc the whole F@..Sunday to make it work!
so please format sd or link RC or get it to your dealer for service, when there is so many people around the world that have the exact same problem(standard) and for pro new fw is up,
makes me thing that DJI deal with it in a sooo bad way, and that same!

so,i hope that helps you a lot, as it helped me!

Greadings!

2016-7-4
Use props
Kristvin
New

Iceland

Greetings to you all.

I bought my Phantom 3 Standard in the US in BestBuy in Gilroy Ca and took it home to Iceland

Once i came home igot all charged up fully upgraded to 1.6.80 and ready to fly.
30 to 60 meters out i lost RC link it came "home" and once close enough it relinks without a problem.

After hours of emailing DJI and Telephone Calls they want me to send the phantom to USA again for repair even though we have DJI retailer and repair guy here in Iceland.
I have spoken to support and they say they are aware of RC link problem in Europe and are looking into the matter. But then other guy at DJI says to me to send it to US.

Well. I have downgraded to 1.5.70 use 3 diffrent kinds of phones and pads Samsung Galaxy 6+ edge and Iphone 5 and Ipad Mini.
I have upgraded again to 1.6.80 and funny thing when i upgrade or downgrade it only takes like 4 to 8 minuts. hmmmmm

I am flying on a field where i am the ONLY WiFi signal and no towers or radio signals or nothing.
I use to have a vision plus and flew there before all over over buildings, towers even close to a tower that WAS there that had broadcasting stuff from the local TV station NO problem.
Now i have to be sure there is NOTHING around me.... Sorry i just dont buy it......

Well hope to hear your take on the matter.

2016-7-12
Use props
egconstruger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

Kristvin Posted at 2016-7-12 21:44
Greetings to you all.

I bought my Phantom 3 Standard in the US in BestBuy in Gilroy Ca and took it ...

stay 1.5.70 you get better distance, they dont accept the firmware 1.6.80 as a problem, BUT is indeed a problem for CE power is lowered a lot People who says its all fine its because they are in US , (FFC) so its all good there but in Europe and other parts of the world the problems persist
2016-7-12
Use props
gerencia7
New

Colombia

mfdenis Posted at 2015-12-27 21:54
I have the same issue described above (RC signal lost after updating firmware) - relinking did not f ...

exactly the same problem that i have
2016-7-31
Use props
daniellynch32
Banned
Flight distance : 1018110 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-15
Use props
daniellynch32
Banned
Flight distance : 1018110 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-15
Use props
alien1
lvl.1

Australia

daniellynch32 Posted at 2016-8-16 02:35
Thank you for the reply. sorry for late response as I didn't know I had one lol but I have tried a f ...

Tried to downgrade, but drone won't allow it:

========== 2016.08.24 11:05:12 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

2016-8-23
Use props
thespdco
New

Australia

I managed to link my RC remote to the drone and my GO App states "Safe to Fly". I can manipulate the camera with the gimbal and the direction stick. However I can't switch on the motors by moving the sticks to th inside or outside corners. When I look at the GO App, it says that firmware upgrade failed and I can't see any firmware on the SD card. I copied the info on the SD card and reformatted it. No luck. What do I do now please?
2016-9-9
Use props
alessiotst
lvl.1

Italy

I had a similar issue.  I own 2 rc, one of these is able to connect, is calibrated, can view the camera in dji go but engines don't start.  I was able to take off via the app, the drone putted in hovering but as I tried to drive it went crazy!!!  Stick left drone went right, and so on!  Very dangerous!  The other rc works fine instead...  I think is a firmware related issue. Any ideas?
2016-9-13
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

try with the version 1.5.7 firmware i did it from 1.6.8 down to 1.5.7
2016-9-13
Use props
terryandteresa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189203 ft
United States

I'm having the exact same issue with my HTC 816 phone.
2016-9-13
Use props
terryandteresa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189203 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 02:28
If you are using  a Phantom 3 Standard , please follow the manual .

Thank you bro!
2016-9-13
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

There is a nice little app to increase the dbi of the controller and Phantom 3 standard or WIFI 4K to 27 dbi, you can find it there >>
http://jogjasky.com/magic/
There is a tutorial also it's quite simple.. Cheers ..
Use at your own risk .. It worked for me .. I think its more oriented for EU users who have more restrictive FCC limitations ..
2016-10-15
Use props
usercab59e9b7d
New

Spain

For me just pressing the (very much hidden) link button did the trick
2016-10-26
Use props
fans26d6be9f
New
Flight distance : 12858 ft
United States

I went down a long rabbit hole of updating Firmware and Messing with the memory card, downloading firmware, etc. etc. As described in this post. After a lot of frustration, I found the solution and it was much simpler.  Turns out the RC Signal Lost error means that the Remote Control and the Drone can't talk to one another over radio even though you can see both on your mobile device.  The solution to this was to use the Link button.  This links the Radio with the Drone and makes the error go away.  No firmware update needed.  

I did find a DJI video that describes this process but it wasn't associated with the RC Signal Lost error.  I hope this helps you as it helped me.

2016-11-6
Use props
user04613d1c01
lvl.1
Philippines

MickLee93 Posted at 2016-2-10 10:59
Hello everyone. So I have had my phantom 3 standard for 2 weeks...was flying fine until today where it keeps coming up with a 'RC Signal loss' message on the screen. My drone then returns to the home point. It does this when I'm flying at a max of 30m high and about 62m from me. The first couple of times I used it I could press my left stick up and go like 60,70,80metres up with no issues!  Anyone have a fix for this? I've tried all the normal fixes like - compass, IMU, software up etc.

Please someone help.

this is my case...
updated my p3s with the firmware to 1.7.9. & after successful update, i cant connect to wifi but rc is functional with the bird. the power light of the rc keeps on steady red. managed to reset the SSID/Password but still cant connect to wifi even if i see mi phantom i.d.
downgraded to 1.6.8 via sd card. & now the rc could not link to the bird as well as the wifi.
sent my problem to dji support but till now, no reply was made!!!
2016-12-13
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

user04613d1c01 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:50
this is my case...
updated my p3s with the firmware to 1.7.9. & after successful update, i cant connect to wifi but rc is functional with the bird. the power light of the rc keeps on steady red. managed to reset the SSID/Password but still cant connect to wifi even if i see mi phantom i.d.
downgraded to 1.6.8 via sd card. & now the rc could not link to the bird as well as the wifi.

Had the Same Issue Upgraded to P3C_FW_V01.07.0090 and got RC Signal Lost . Wifi and everything seems to all work, camera feed and all.. Wont let me Downgrade.  And DJI want me to ship the drone to them in China for Inspection before issuing an RMA.   No thanks Im not gonna ship a $400 Device to China, Bought it from Amazon so im waiting to see how long that exchange process will be seeing they are out of stock on the P3S
2017-1-2
Use props
ShadoBoxr
New
United States

Thank you very much! You help worked perfectly! I almost went bold from pulling my hair out, blue collar, paid a lil too much for a paper weight.. lol. Thanks again!!
2017-7-13
Use props
Jebtir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1126516 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I also have a similar problem with my Phantom 3 Standard. The radio led flashes between green and red, as if it lost the signal with the drone. I've done the radio link several times and it did not work! Whenever this happens, I lose the image, but I still have control of the drone.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans01ae4fac
New
United States

ok master minds, I need some help!!

seems like there are two issues being discussed in this thread from what I can tell, one where there is no link period and a simple relink between the rc and the drone fixes the issue.
the second is where everything is ok before take off and links are all good, till about when the bird gets a certain distance and then rc signal loss occurs and RTH happens, this is my problem, I have tried everything that tech support handed down to me, I even sent it in for repair and received back today, they said the wifi board needed replaced so the work was done $102 later and I still have the same exact issue!
I do not understand completely how all this works but when the signal loss occurs the signal strength for the rc drops, NOT the wifi signal strength, I read that its a firmware issue, I have tried all different variations of FW and go app versions with no luck.
if anyone has any thoughts on how to resolve this issue, I am willing to try anything even if I had already many of times.
tech support told me that with new FCC reg's that it would limit the drone, I can understand this but I don't understand making the drone lose signal where the operator loses control on the unit.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
2017-12-18
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

Hi.. Dji support.. I have a problem in my drone please fix my problem my Drone model is phantom 4 advanced Plus my Drone is ready to take off after takeoff it fly up to 10 feet after that the signal is lost there is a RC signal problem I can't able to fly my drone about 10 feet the signal is automatically cut at the 10 feet I upgrade all my latest firmware and RC update and aircraft update after all my update the thing is fixed my problem please help me to solve my problem thanks
2018-3-1
Use props
randaljds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148612 ft
Australia

Same problem as all you guys after the update! There are two 5.8 antennas on the p3p and a switch that selects the best one to use. This is a tiny tiny very bloody small chip on the board. After the update this chip gets to much power and fries! Going back to earlier firmware won’t help nor will any other myth described on here! Chip needs to be removed and two pins joined. This bypasses the switch and hardwires one of the antennas, which is all that’s needed anyway!

Problem is it’s a very difficult job to do and I buggered mine in the process. Well didn’t bugger completely, I now get to 200 meters!

Answer is send it back or live with it I’m afraid guys!
2018-3-9
Use props
Vanea_Auzeac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60853 ft

I have same issue for phantom 3 standard signal lost after 45m distance an maximum 60m height. I try all software methods upgrade to the last firmware, downgraded one version back, logout and login DJi Go. Other fixes for this problems?
2019-9-15
Use props
Vanea_Auzeac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60853 ft

I have same issue for phantom 3 standard signal lost after 45m distance an maximum 60m height. I try all software methods upgrade to the last firmware, downgraded one version back, logout and login DJi Go. Other fixes for this problems? I try to relink the copter but the problem persists.
2019-9-15
Use props
Nick2004
New

Moldova

Hello! I have P3s and at only 30 m distance it loses the remote control signal and goes back to home. I don't know what to do and what is the cause ...
I found Relink at RC on the net - but my drone doesn't have this button -Relink- it just isn't!
I tried to upgrade to 1.9.20 and it worked - and now the drone makes beeb beeb hard.
Help me please!
2020-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules