Phantom 3 Standard update (RC signal lost issue)
1234Next >
149081 159 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

Just got an update (this time without any issue: from 0% to 100% in 10-15 min).

After restarting aircraft, RC and DJI Go App (iOS) i'm succefully connect from iPhone to P3S's wi-fi network, but in main window i receive an red message (RC signal lost, with 1 of 5 bars) and nothing more than a live feed from p3s's camera.
Before relinking RC to the aircraft (tap RC icon ->Linking RC ->OK, than press button on the phantom body) nothing helped (rc, app, battery restarts).

Be aware.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Thank you for your reminding . The relinking is very useful when you find the RC signal lost .
2015-12-22
Use props
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-23 14:55
Thank you for your reminding . The relinking is very useful when you find the RC signal lost .

But thats was not a totally signal lost. I still have a video feed and RC lights green LED's.
Strange behavior.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

yaonya Posted at 2015-12-23 14:59
But thats was not a totally signal lost. I still have a video feed  and RC lights green LED's.

The Phantom 3 Standard RC  contains wifi transmission unit and  5.8G signal inside . The wifi works for video transmission and the 5.8 G signal works for controlling the aircraft . In your case , the 5.8 G signal didn't  link to that aircraft ,so relinking could be helpful .
2015-12-22
Use props
Ana Sofia Grilo
New
Flight distance : 36316 ft
Portugal

I have the same problem. After the update, RC signal lost. What can I do to try to solve the problem?
2015-12-23
Use props
Rsv
New

Romania

Same problem here! After the upgrade, RC signal lost. Still got view from camera. I didn t find any frequency button on my P3s, i can t use it. The update went just fine, took aprox 13 minutes, no error messages.
On the sd card:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:16 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.01.0030.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:16 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.01.0030.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.12.08 09:17:09 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2015.12.23 12:57:33 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
2015-12-23
Use props
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

Guys, relink your RC's.
2015-12-23
Use props
Rsv
New

Romania

yaonya Posted at 2015-12-23 15:29
Guys, relink your RC's.

I've found link button on my P3 standard, i have linked rc, but still no signal.
2015-12-23
Use props
gober.chase
New

United States

Same issue. I guess no flying this week for me... thanks for that awesome update DJI!

Already relinked RC and nothing. Restarted all the equipment, nothing. Someone please tell me what I can do to fly today? Any chance of a FW downgrade?
2015-12-23
Use props
Ana Sofia Grilo
New
Flight distance : 36316 ft
Portugal

I have re-linked the controller to the drone and it worked. YES
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Ana Sofia Grilo Posted at 2015-12-23 20:07
I have the same problem. After the update, RC signal lost. What can I do to try to solve the problem ...

Nice to hear that .
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Rsv Posted at 2015-12-23 21:39
I've found link button on my P3 standard, i have linked rc, but still no signal.

What's the indicator on your RC ? Does the aircraft blink yellow quickly on the rear LED ?
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

gober.chase Posted at 2015-12-24 00:25
Same issue. I guess no flying this week for me... thanks for that awesome update DJI!

Already relin ...

Hi , Gober
What's the indicator on your RC ? Does the aircraft blink yellow quickly on the rear LED ?
2015-12-23
Use props
tomruocco
New

United States

How do you relink?
2015-12-24
Use props
vicentearnaez
lvl.1

Peru

I had the Problem of the RC SIGNAL LOST, so the only way I could solve this was ReLinking the RC. You just go to the rc menu on the app and then go to the bottom, select rc relink and in your Phantom Left body part there is a whole with a red or green light, in this case it should be red. Press it once and it should no longer be this issue.
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

If you are using  a Phantom 3 Standard , please follow the manual .
Linking RC.jpg
2015-12-25
Use props
apollo.structur
New

United States

I purchased a phantom 3 standard on Dec 24, was able to fly it until I had the firmware update. It said that my signal was lost.  The signal would come back for a second or two periodically and go lost again and the LEDs on the drone blink yellow. I tried relinking the RC and it does not help.
2015-12-25
Use props
mfdenis
New

United States

I have the same issue described above (RC signal lost after updating firmware) - relinking did not fix the issue. Has anyone found a solution?
2015-12-27
Use props
jramsey1544
New

United States

This was very helpful. As soon as I linked back up after the update the aircraft was good to fly.
2015-12-31
Use props
bamkrojas
lvl.1

Peru

I have the same problem, with the additional signal that RC is zero and zero also in HD. If you have the solution, please or if anyone knows anything, publish that I can not fly. I reinstalled the DJI GO, I have tried to link the RC with the drone and not working. RC light color is blue sky. I am returning to the 1.5 update and I'll see what happens. But for me the error is in the firmware update RC.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bamkrojas Posted at 2016-1-1 01:30
I have the same problem, with the additional signal that RC is zero and zero also in HD. If you have ...

Watch the last part of the video about resetting WiFi and re-linking to the aircraft.
If your not linked to the aircraft then the update won't work.

2015-12-31
Use props
timnrain
New

United States

I have the same exact issue right after the latest firmware update. Red "RC Signal Lost" with only 1 bar of strength. RC re-linked 10 times still not working. The message on the phone says RC link process completed but the light on the phantom body still shows red. Deleted and installed app again and re-linked RC again, still not working. Obviously, this is a common issue since I've read so many users having the same issue. Its so stupid that DJI lets a faulty firmware into the market and forces people to install it. Also, stupid for them to eliminate the SD card update method and forces all updates to be using the app. Now there is no way retry a firmware update unless the app prompts you.
2015-12-31
Use props
pramudijono
New
Flight distance : 118986 ft
Indonesia

Same problem, after updating P3S to 1.3.50. "RC signal lost" randomly, even RC stay 1 meter from the bird. Re-link doesn't help..
2016-1-1
Use props
srandle704
New

United States

I also have the same problem and just updated the firmware today, after doing that, i get an RC signal lost and I have tried everything I can as far as resetting it and still keep getting the same problem. Is there any news on this problem? Is it my drone or the firmware or what? It was flying just fine earlier today, then I installed the update and now this problem wont let me fly.

UPDATE:
After installing new firmware, unsure of the exact version, the problem seems to have been resolved and I am able to fly the drone again.
2016-1-2
Use props
christophere
lvl.1

United States

Here is my experience. This all happened last night 1/15/2016.

I was saw there was a firmware update for my Phantom 3 Standard. This showed on the DJI Go app.

I proceeded to down load the app. Now, lets be her, the process of upgrading the firmware on a DJI Phantom is not intuitive, easy or well executed.

1st - You are connected to the Phantom by WiFi
2nd - You disconnect from the Phantom, then connect to the Wireless network. Then download.
3rd -  You reconnect to the Phantom Wifi and install

Always, I began to download the upgrade on my iPhone 6s (128GB) and it crashed the DJI app. I went through the process again. It said the download had been paused and began to resume. Crash. Process again. Crash. Over and over. Finally it made it through the download process.

Now it's time to install.

Began that process. Crash. Uh-oh. I could never fully install the firmware because it consistently crashed my iPhone app. Over and over.

OK. So I'll hold off. Disconnected everything, reconnected to the controller and I have no RC Signal. yellow lights are flashing off and on. For the next 2 hours I attempt to reconnect the Controller to the Phantom. Nothing. Keep trying to install the update. Crash. At this point I have a Phantom 3 (5 weeks old) that will not work because the RC Signal is not present and I can't establish it.

Now I am preparing to call DJI, send it in for repair or replacement.

The next morning, on whim, I try the process again. Everything works and installs. It was still a pain, but it installed and the RC signal has been restored.

What would be nice would be if DJI provided a way to directly download and install the updates without having to use the DJIGo app. They do it for the advanced and pro models. I needed some way to bypass the iPhone (since it kept crashing the app) and load it directly in to the Phantom, either by SD card or USB. I'm sure their service department can. I can't imagine them having to go through that upgrade process for every Phantom they receive for repairs.

I have not flown it yet, but everything appears to be in order. If not, I'll update this post.

2016-1-16
Use props
Agonih
New

Chile

I have the exact problem. My remote controller shows me a red led ligh (not blinking. Just staying on) and keeps beeping nonstop. I try to link the RC with the aircraft and it fails. I try to link the aircraft with the manual settings (the gimbal wheal to the left and the s2 button up and down for at least three times) and nothing. The remote controller keeps beeping and "RC signal lost" on the app.... I tried even formatting the sd card and no way to link it... So I just spend 600 dollars Ina cute blinking lamp....
2016-1-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Agonih Posted at 2016-1-24 11:31
I have the exact problem. My remote controller shows me a red led ligh (not blinking. Just staying o ...

In your description you did not indicate if you pressed the linking button on the aircraft? It has to be done at the RC unit end and also the aircraft end.

Also someone mention earlier pressing the LED lamp on the aircraft to start linking, that is not correct, you must press the tiny button next to the lamp, it usually requires a fine point like a paper clip to press the button.
2016-1-24
Use props
Agonih
New

Chile

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-24 06:21
In your description you did not indicate if you pressed the linking button on the aircraft? It has ...

Thank you for the answer, actually I did press the tiny led below the leds, it keeps on blinking for pairing options, but on the app it says that it timed out trying to link.
I tried even with the manual process with the gimbal wheel and the s1 button, but when I tried, on the app, and do it manually at the same time, it says that linked successfully, but still shows me the RC signal lost, and doesn't change at all the blinking and beeping status...
2016-1-24
Use props
Agonih
New

Chile

Actually, I can't even try the simulator... The RC doesn't work...
2016-1-24
Use props
Agonih
New

Chile

http://youtu.be/AeTR-KPXBbs
2016-1-24
Use props
Agonih
New

Chile

http://youtu.be/AeTR-KPXBbs
2016-1-24
Use props
matrix82xx
New

Italy

salve a tutti sono nuovo.
ho appena acquistato un phantom 3 standard ho fatto l'aggiornamento e mi dice segnale perso ma è normale che non si accende nemmeno?
come devo fare per vedere volare questo drone?
grazie

2016-1-26
Use props
jeremydionisio
New

United States

vicentearnaez Posted at 2015-12-24 12:54
I had the Problem of the RC SIGNAL LOST, so the only way I could solve this was ReLinking the RC. Yo ...

Thank you, this worked!
2016-1-29
Use props
jeremydionisio
New

United States

Vicente, reply #15, is right.  You need to start up your drone and your remote.  Click the menu directly to the right of the RC SIGNAL LOST message and scroll all the way to the bottom where it says Linking RC.  Click that and confirm.  It'll give you a 60 second countdown timer - in that time, click the button on the actual drone (above the sticker that says RoHS, the button is recessed into the actual drone body).  It will take a second or two but this will relink the remote and the drone.  Hope that works!
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it working correctly.
2016-1-29
Use props
Andreas72
New

Greece

Same issue.The relink is not help ,only for a small period, and then problem is come again!!! Fix it.
2016-1-30
Use props
rthayerjr
New

United States

Thank you for the information it helped me re-link and get ungrounded.
Robert

2016-1-30
Use props
tomslyter
New

United States

christophere Posted at 2016-1-16 06:31
Here is my experience. This all happened last night 1/15/2016.

I was saw there was a firmware updat ...

This appears to be the issue from my recent trials and errors.  

I first downloaded the upgrades to the DJI Go app then connected to my drone and saw that I had lost my signal. Relinking did not fix it (did fix camera link but not controls as noted above).

I then went out of camera mode and back to the homepage on the DJI Go app. It appears I had to "continue" the upgrade of the new version by pressing upgrade firmware WHILE connected to the drone with the Phantom WiFi link.

This led to a 10-15 min transfer of info to the drone which appears to have restored my link completely.

2016-2-5
Use props
gregcurtis83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151909 ft
United States

Hello to you all. I've read through this thread and I am experiencing similar issues with my p3s. Please go easy on my because I am new to this but I believe to have above average common sense. I've had my p3s for only less than a week and have yet to fly beyond 130m high without rth ( in settings it's maxed out at 500m on both) and less than 100m without rth from home distance. I also experience video feed problems using the dji go app on my iPhone 6s plus 128gb. I had HealthyDrones.com log my flight and signal and everything appeared to be great yet I always get the rth, or interference alert. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I thank you in advance,        Greg
2016-2-7
Use props
MickLee93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133497 ft
Australia

gregcurtis83 Posted at 2016-2-8 00:54
Hello to you all. I've read through this thread and I am experiencing similar issues with my p3s. Pl ...

Hello everyone. So I have had my phantom 3 standard for 2 weeks...was flying fine until today where it keeps coming up with a 'RC Signal loss' message on the screen. My drone then returns to the home point. It does this when I'm flying at a max of 30m high and about 62m from me. The first couple of times I used it I could press my left stick up and go like 60,70,80metres up with no issues!  Anyone have a fix for this? I've tried all the normal fixes like - compass, IMU, software up etc.

Please someone help.

If I can't get it fixed does anyone know how I return it?
2016-2-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules