Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unknown Firmware after up-date
967 8 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

After the usual nonsence, multiple downloads, reformatting etc I finally managed to update the Inspire to v1.6.0.40, according to the text file. The app said it was the latest App, Aircraft, RC and Camera software versions, so I assumed all was well.
The next time I looked at the app it said that the Aircraft, RC and Camera versions were unknown? Thinking the firmware maybe corrupted I downgraded to the last firmware version, the text file said success but the app still says unknown as above.
I have tried upgradeing again to  v1.6.0.40 but the app is still saying unknown??

Any Ideas anyone?

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you take a screenshot of the About page?
If you power cycle your phone/tablet it should say the latest updates.
2015-12-23
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 18:19
Can you take a screenshot of the About page?
If you power cycle your phone/tablet it should say the  ...

No need to Ken, great advice as usual. I powered down the iPad, rebooted and hey presto,  all software is listed as it should be. Im not sure why though, as it was listed correctly before its went to "Unknown"

Whilst you are on do you have any ideas as to why my gimbal (X3) should point slightly to the right, even after gimbal calibration and gimbal yaw reset? Is there a permanent adjustment to move the gimbal null point, it seems to be ever so slightly out.

Did you get any news back from China re my thread?
Inspire controller: GL658A versus GL658B - Power output

Thanks again
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting on the controller, is the camera go to the same position every time on power-up and during flight does it stay in the position or does it go straight?
2015-12-23
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 19:26
Still waiting on the controller, is the camera go to the same position every time on power-up and du ...

Hi ken,
The camera always goes to that position at start up and to be fair it is not much of a discrepancy. It seems to move slightly after gimbal reset but if I try to reset the gimbal again straight away, it moves back out of alignment.  As I say it's not much and Im not sure how it behaves in the air as Im currently grounded due to bad weather.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

If you can make a video of it powered up that would be great.
2015-12-23
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

By slightly, are you talking about 1 or 2 degrees to the right?  Mine does that.  But it's not of real concern as I don't notice it on the monitor as I'm flying, or on the video output later on.
If it really bothers you, you could grab the gimbal mounting plate and tweek the rubber mounts slightly.  I did that to my Phantom 2 and Zenmuse H3-3D.  It was really tweeked, until I did that....... I found that one of the rubber isolaters was deformed, and later replaced it. Then all was well.
2015-12-23
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-23 20:39
If you can make a video of it powered up that would be great.

I will try to make a video and come back to you later when I can get to fly as bad weather is stopping me at the moment, what do you think to the advice given by Starship in this thread, it sounds like the same problem.
Also with regard to the latest  firmware update which I have had problems with in this thread, is it for the batteries as well?
The main update with the Inspire and its battery went well and registered in the app (eventually) but subsequent attempts with my other two batteries didn't seem to update (no beeping sounds) This doesn't sound correct?
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I finally had time to take my new V2 for a flight, my camera is of center just a few degrees as well. I don't see it as a big deal.
And 1.5 had the battery updates, 1.6 does not. I upgraded from 1.5 to 1,6 and it only took about 7 minutes.
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules