after two months in the box, inspire wont fly
1362 8 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys,

I'm having problems with my inspire, hope folks here can shed some light on it.  Ive had my inspire packed away in its box since october (really bad weather in the PNW).  I decided to break it out today and it seems to have developed issues while being off.

When I power up the inspire, the rear top light is flashing green rapidly.  Otherwise it performs the gimbal check and seems fine.

Then I power up the remote, and the little light beside the power indicators is pink.

When I connect my ipad and fire up the dji, it wont connect to the aircraft.

Im confised as to how it ended up in this dysfunctional state having only sat in its box.  Im reluctant to do firmware updates because of all the grief the updatest have caused people but I dont know how to troubleshoot the issue(s).

Thoughts or advice?

2015-12-23
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

Ok after r'ing tfm, I realized I had inadvertently grabbed the slave controller.  After using the correct controller, it connects and flies (albeit for 10 seconds as the batteries instantly drained out).  I expected as much and flew it about 6 inches off the ground to test the battery condition.  

So the batteries are back on the charger and Ive since downloaded the 1.5 and 1.6 firmwares.  I havent installed them yet.

At this point Im trying to find a faq or pdf that indicates what new items are introduced in the two december firmware updates?  Can I continue to fly it without updating or will I be forced to update?

2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you mean it's Purple and not pink, that means it's connected as a slave remote.
AND, make sure to ALWAYS turn on the remote first, then the aircraft.page 30 in the manual.
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
2015-12-23
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Ken!
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem, I know how it is after not using something for a while, then trying to remember how it all worked.
I keep a printed copy of the manuals for the birds I fly and I read through them if i haven't flown for a while.
2015-12-23
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

note to self:  

must....read...manual  (rinse and repeat)  must...read...manual...

2015-12-23
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it all worked out
2015-12-23
Use props
JasonA
lvl.2

United States

Well I had a bit of a small crash this morning sadly, it fell from 6 feet onto concrete .

In the hard landing, the gimbal plate for the camera came loose on 3 of the 4 damping isolators.... and one of the white camera cables between the plate and the inner body came off.  So I put this back on, and reattached the damping isolators.  I also broke the props, but had spares...

Well anyways, the unit fires up, the battery indicators appear normal, and i hear the loud 4-tone startup beeps.  But the rear position light only does a quick purple flash, then it does not blink at all, its just off.  The camera goes through the gimbal check, but when finished it goes limp and hangs sideways.  As the aircraft is setting there, I can faintly hear two quick beeps followed by a long pause.  Over and over.

The controller does connect to the aircraft (green light on it) and when I start the djigo app, it says Im connected to the aircraft.  But when I noticed the main software button now says "camera" instead of "Enter camera mode".  When I click it, the dji app crashes to the ipad desktop.  regardless of the app crashing, the controller appears to be connected to the inspire.

So this is everyhting thats happening.  Serious bummer but Im hoping shes not gone for good.  Is there any other step I can perform to try and get it operational again, or does it need to be sent in for repair?

Thanks all
2015-12-24
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

JasonA Posted at 2015-12-24 11:28
Well I had a bit of a small crash this morning sadly, it fell from 6 feet onto concrete .

In the  ...

as far as the app goes I had the same issue.... I uninstalled it from my iPad then reinstalled it and that fixed the problem........ as far as the other stuff i don't have a clue. Sorry about the misfortune

Merry christmas
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules