847 6 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lord.neo.gerson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Hello everyone!

I have a P3 Pro and i'm a little concerned about my range.

I live in Pucon, south of Chile, where there is no huge buildings of metal or major radiosignals that could interfere with the RC.
Inside the city (it's not really a city, but i'm not fluent at english so i don't know how to call a small city - less than 25k habitants) i get a range of about 400-500mts til i lose video signal.
About 2km from here, in the middle of nowhere i get 700-800mts tops.
The RC keeps working, but i lose video signal, so i don't feel like tempting my luck trying to fly only with binoculars.

Is this normal? There is something i can do to improve the default signal (other than using reflectors or some other trick?
I've tried changing the channel, but it didn't improved at all. I've seen videos with 7km of range with perfect video signal and it bothers me not being able to even get out of sight without having issues. Also i'm pretty sure the position of my antenas are the optimal (tried doing straight fly to test range)

Thanks for any tip or advice about this issue and thank you for taking the time to read this.
2015-12-23
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-23
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-23
Use props
lord.neo.gerson
lvl.3
Chile

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-23 21:42
"Also i'm pretty sure the position of my antennas are the optimal"  The flat side of the antennas sh ...

Yup, like the B picture in the manual. Both antennas are parallel and the flat side facing forward (to where the drone is flying) also, the drone is flying right between the antennas (or almost), not in any weird angle.
2015-12-23
Use props
lord.neo.gerson
lvl.3
Chile

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-23 21:52
You could also try re-linking/binding the controller to the P3.

After rebinding i got 1km in the town. Still need some time to test in the country.

Thanks!
2015-12-28
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please test it in the country . It could possibly be environmental interference when it's just a video signal lost .
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules