Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[BUG] Osmo losing orientation (upside down image)
6748 4 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have been using the OSMO a bit more extensively today and came across a weird bug:

Seems that then recording and pointing the camera upwards sometimes (randomly) OSMO starts recording upside -down.
So when I tilt the camera down again I get an image that has the sky down and the ground up.
All the controls on the iPhone app have the correct orientation but the camera image is wrong.

Is this a known bug? I think this is a very critical one.
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, when you're not recording, the camera feeding will change orientation according to your gimbal mode, in this case, you will always have a upright image in the app screen. But if you're recording video, the orientation will not change, which means you will get a upside down image if you change gimbal mode from upright mode to underslung mode. This is due to the working mode of camera and it's designed this way. Please try to make sure if the direction will change accordingly when you're in stand by mode.
2015-12-24
Use props
la2a
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-25 03:07
Hi, when you're not recording, the camera feeding will change orientation according to your gimbal m ...

Hi Amy and thanks for the reply.
What happened was that it actually recorded the video with the image upside down.
Any ideas about this?

Thanks !
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

la2a Posted at 2015-12-25 20:32
Hi Amy and thanks for the reply.
What happened was that it actually recorded the video with the im ...

Could you describe your working condition? If you've changed the Osmo mode from upright to underslung mode during the recording process, it's normal you get upside down image since the Osmo can't adjust image direction when it's recording.  Please try to enter underslung mode when the Osmo is in standby mode and see if the image direction can be adjusted accordingly.
2015-12-27
Use props
djiuser_9RlWGDvWdWTn
New

United States

Hello, was wondering if they have an update by now i have the osmo 2 and would like to record in vertical mode for say stories and be able to flip the camera and continue to record. It flips on the osmo screen but the recording stays upside down. Have they updated this yet? Thank you
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules