problems with the microphone OSMO
4965 27 2015-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

Hey there,
I just upgraded my OSMO and I still have problems microphone, audio does not capture nor to connect an external microphone as a TASCAM, another update will be released or to be? Thank you.

2015-12-25
Use props
cebola47
lvl.1

Brazil

Galera my osmo crashed with a week of use . When I turn not turn on any light only the fan and wifi Turn on
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

United States

cebola47 Posted at 2015-12-26 13:36
Galera my osmo crashed with a week of use . When I turn not turn on any light only the fan and wifi  ...

1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns from red to green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.4.1.80. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the upgrade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to upgrade to the latest 1.4.1.80 firmware, and test the mic again, make sure you've turned on the audio recording in the app. I will move this post to the Osmo category.
2016-1-5
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Only just received mine and I have this.  Well I purchased my Osmo from DJI direct and it was delivered on the 24th December 2015. I have only tried it out a few times. I downloaded the footage to my MacBook and almost all the clips have a crackling sound. I even tried a Rode VideoMic Pro and it still has the crackling sound. I sent a support request and still have not heard from DJI. It's funny because when I was discussing buying and delivery, the responded almost immediately. I was even going to order a Phantom 3 later this year to go with the Osmo, but until this is sorted out, I'm putting it on hold. If I had purchased in the UK, I could have gone back to the shop too for a refund or exchange. Not happy at the moment with over £700 spent on DJI items.  
2016-1-5
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Can you please share a sample of the cracking sound?  I'm thinking of buying it and want to understand how bad it us...  Dji-amy,  are you familiar with this sound bug? If yes, did you forward this information to the technical support team of the product?
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ChristianLewisP Posted at 2016-1-6 05:34
Only just received mine and I have this.  Well I purchased my Osmo from DJI direct and it was delive ...

Since the sales and technical support are from the different department, the response speed can be different due to the incoming email quantities. About the audio, we would like to analyze the files in the micro SD card of your Osmo. Could you please upload it to the Dropbox or MEGA and provide the download link here. That will help us locate the deep reason of this problem. Also, please try to upgrade the v1.4.1.80 Osmo firmware by sd card.(released at 2015/12/27).  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
Please try to test the audio again after you've upgraded to the latest firmware.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-1-6 06:06
Can you please share a sample of the cracking sound?  I'm thinking of buying it and want to understa ...

This problem is occasional, we do receive feedback of click sound, we're still trying to obtain the files and locate the deep reason about this. We've improved the sound control in the latest firmware. But if it's a quality issue, we will replace a new one for the customer.
2016-1-5
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

https://vimeo.com/159462937
2016-3-24
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

password: osmo
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

I can't hear any sound, is it a demo of the audio from your Osmo?
Can you show me the Screen of the DJI GO App at the same time? If you set all the parameters correctly, there's still no sound, could you please return your Osmo for our analysis since it's not a common issue?
2016-3-24
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi,
I got the Inspire 1 and so I just bought the OSMO Handle-Kit for the X3 , means the flex-mic was´t included in my Handle-Kit, so I had to buy it separately.

I checked the mic on an other device, but yesterday I tried it the first time with my OSMO.

I found out later, that I need to turn ON " audio-recording" in my DJI GO-app! but the audio level on the screen, still did not showed no reaction!

What I got e.g. is a 5min Video-Clip with like 1min slow-motion AudioClip stretched on that 5min ! So just crap audio in slow-motion, and a very disturbing high-frequent noise continuously throughout the whole clip. :-(  

Can somebody please explain what I might did wrong ???

Thanks in advance.

NiK

2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
The issue of no reaction on the audio level may just be an accident, we can't re-produce this problem. Please check if it happens all the time. You can try to re-boot or re-install the App or your mobile device.
About the "crap" problem of the audio, we'd like to have a look at your original files in your SD card.
In addition, what's the version of your App and the firmware, please?
Kind reminder: the performance of slow-motion may not reach your expectation at present, we'll try to improve in the future and we would like to hear from you about more good suggestions.
Thanks for your understanding!

2016-4-11
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi,
thanks for your quick response.

the firmware version of the app is 2.7.1,

the camera´s is the latest Inspire 1 Firmware v1.8.1.00     2016-04-07

I will re-install te app and try it again.

2016-4-11
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi, sorry, I don´t get it right.

I´m using my X3 (which has the latest firmware V01.08.01.00) from my Inspire 1 on my OSMO.....and don´t have proper sound recorded with the flexi-mic (like I mentioned before).

But there are different firmware versions for the OSMO ??

What can I do ? I don´t get the difference. Do I have to put on the OSMO´s latest firmware everytime I want to use my X3 on my OSMO ? ...and put back on the Inspire 1-update when I want to fly ? confusion.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

risineye Posted at 2016-4-14 00:58
Hi, sorry, I don´t get it right.

I´m using my X3 (which has the latest firmware V01.08.01.00) fr ...

Hi,
As you may know, the original X3 camera for the OSMO is black, whereas the X3 camera for the Inspire 1 is white. They are similar, but different actually. However, the X3 white camera for Inspire 1 is compatible with the Osmo handle. (Please note: the black X3 camera for the Osmo can't be used in Inspire 1)
The Osmo has its own specific firmware versions. We release different firmware for different products.
If you wanna mount the X3 white camera on the OSMO, you should upgrade the camera to the latest firmware version by mounting on the Inspire 1 with the latest Inspire 1 firmware, and then the camera would be work on the OSMO.
2016-4-14
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi Adela, thank You for your answer. My Problem is not that the camera (white) is not working.....it's a sound problem.  I record with 25fps but the sound is like super-slomo!
The picture's playback is absolutely normal, but the sound is just not useable, and if I buy a product like this with a kit-mic, I would like to have at least a reference sound.

Kindly NiK

I would like to send You a sample file but it´s to large to post here.

2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

risineye Posted at 2016-4-16 15:08
Hi Adela, thank You for your answer. My Problem is not that the camera (white) is not working.....it ...

Thanks for your information!
Please upload the audio sample to Dropbox if it's too large to post here and tell me the Dropbox link, we would check it then.
2016-4-16
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 11:13
Thanks for your information!
Please upload the audio sample to Dropbox if it's too large to post h ...

here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x79eqwlqx8c7tl8/DJI_0028_2.mov?dl=0
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your link!
Our engineers are working on it, once I have any update for you, I'll come back to you at the first time. Please wait for a while.

In addition, by the way, may I know which WiFi frequency you were working in? 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz? It's the original file from the SD card, right? We may need more information for the analysis, I'll let you know if necessary.
2016-4-18
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi,
the clip You´ve seen was shot in 2.4Ghz and was a part from an original clip, I sliced out with Quicktime 7.

I just checked the 5Ghz frequency and some different resolutions like FullHd 25fps, or the other 4K-resolution in 25fps....it´s always the same sound issue. : (

NiK
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

risineye Posted at 2016-4-18 19:36
Hi,
the clip You´ve seen was shot in 2.4Ghz and was a part from an original clip, I sliced out with ...

Hi,
Thanks for your reply!

It seems that I can't give you further possible suggestion for your problem. Your osmo may just malfunction if the audio quality performs like that all the time.
Could you please contact your dealer for further assistance?
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-20
Use props
risineye
New

Germany

Hi again,

just to give You an update on those strange audio-recording-phenomenon.

it took me a while, but yesterday I managed to bring my Osmo-handle-kit and my X3 (white/inspire1) to my dealer.

We checked my flex-mic and my camera on another Osmo-handle-kit and figured out,     that it´s obviously  my X3-Camera, which causes those strange "slomotion" audio-recording phenomenon on 25fps clips.
with best regards NiK

2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

risineye Posted at 2016-5-7 16:33
Hi again,

just to give You an update on those strange audio-recording-phenomenon.

Hello!
Thanks for your further feedback!
I'm glad that you figured out the problem.
If you have any other problem, please contact us freely!
Good luck!
2016-5-9
Use props
Markwiss8
lvl.2
United States

ChristianLewisP Posted at 2016-1-5 17:34
Only just received mine and I have this.  Well I purchased my Osmo from DJI direct and it was delive ...

I also have crackle in the audio.  The mic DJI sent is so sensitive that I have to dial down the mic control to 1.   REALLY....1.  It still overloads the input when I record my band.  My AKG shotgun mic works much better but is a much larger, monaural mic.
2016-5-9
Use props
Markwiss8
lvl.2
United States

My AKG shotgun works but , YES, the mic DJI sent out is very poor.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Markwiss8 Posted at 2016-5-9 22:15
I also have crackle in the audio.  The mic DJI sent is so sensitive that I have to dial down the m ...

Hello!
Could you please tell me the firmware version?
With the latest firmware version v1.6.2.10, there should not be that kind of issue.

Wait for your reply!
If you need any help, please let me know.
2016-5-9
Use props
ZAMURAi
New

Colombia

i jus open my new OSMO+ and it does not record audio...Any audio!
I check de firmware, i erase de app and i installed again.
It looks like is broken.

2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules