video file corrupt
1143 4 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owaiskhan
New

Saudi Arabia

Hello i had made video previously using my phantom 2 vision plus and they were fine they use to come up on my samsung tab 2.0 lite and also when i use to upload on my computer but today i made couple of vides which were quiet important and when i tried to view them on my tab they wernt coming up and upon mounting the sd card to my laptop it showed video file corrupted and it was in .tmp format and what should i do now? how to recover please help.
regards
Owais
2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Place the SD card back into the Phantom, turn the Phantom on and give it a minute.  The Phantom will close the file and all that you will likely lose is the last few seconds of the video.

I think this tip is also in the camera section of the manual.
2014-12-28
Use props
owaiskhan
New

Saudi Arabia

i tried it my friend and thanks for the reply but it did not work i shall try again.
2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you search the forum I recall someone mentioned a small app that can recover video files when the Phantom cannot.  If it wasn't here it may have been on the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision-Plus Owners Page" Facebook page.  You might want to try that.
2014-12-28
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

owaiskhan Posted at 2014-12-29 07:39
i tried it my friend and thanks for the reply  but it did not work i shall try again.

try also to record another short movie.
I had a similar issue once and after I recorded a new movie, I was able to recover the previous one (despite the fact that the timestamp on the file was incorrect).
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules