Inspire won't update to version 5 or 6 (ADVICE PLEASE)
1707 9 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I recently downgraded firmware to Version 4 from 5 after unsuccesfully trying on numerous occasions to upgrade to version 6, deciding to start all over again on the firmware upgrade with the hope it might solve the issue surrounding version 6.Inspire DGI GO now shows the following firmware:-
DJI GO APP 2.4.3
AIRCRAFT 1.4.00.10+
RC 1.5.70
Camera 1.4.10+

2015-12-26
Use props
gregogarrison
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue.  I hope someone can provide a resolution.
2015-12-26
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

gregogarrison Posted at 2015-12-27 00:48
I am having the same issue.  I hope someone can provide a resolution.

Just sorted the issue, DM me if you are still having issues.

Phil
2015-12-29
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2015-12-29 11:46

Phil

Did you have to do the RC C1+C2 trick?
2015-12-29
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-30 01:38
Did you have to do the RC C1+C2 trick?

I had to access the SD Card hidden flight log files and delete everything including various sub folder within it. That effectively cleared files that I thought had been cleared by undertaking reformat of the card. Then loaded up firmware 4 again to ensure everything present. Then cleared the card in the same manner, loaded firmware 5, same again for Version 6. Full calibration of the IMU after final upgrade.
Reloaded DJI App so as to ensure no hidden problems, RC's x 2 fully functional, showing correct firmware.
DJI Germany sent me the method of accessing the hidden files, nothing too hard, few keystrokes on the Mac before and after the process. It was obviously a glitch somewhere in the software update or the aircraft, never happened before, hopefully never again.
Off to Cantabria inspecting high level  awkward access buildings next week, hence was a tad concerned when problems arose, all now good in the world!
2015-12-30
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2015-12-30 06:07
I had to access the SD Card hidden flight log files and delete everything including various sub fo ...

woohoo I am glad you are good to go
2015-12-30
Use props
detailsound
New

United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2015-12-29 11:46

Phil

Hi Phil I hope all is well I was hoping you could help as I downloaded 6 also from 5 now I can't download up or down and I figured there was something hiding on sd file , even when I delete , everything on my end works but I get a screeching noise and then my gimball overloads and stops moving but I still have a video feed I tryed everything I could , any help would be a appreciated , thanks Ced
2016-1-2
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi Ced
Firstly having powered up the aircraft, best check the current firmware via Go App and see where you stand. If you have firmware 6 loaded then I'm pretty sure that you can only downgrade to firmware 5 and not 4 which is where I started from. If you haven't successful loaded firmware 6 then downgrade from 5 to 4 and start from scratch!
Have  you definitely accessed the hidden files within the hidden Misc folder on the SD Card and completely deleted everything, please remember to access the hidden trash folder and delete everything in that as well and format once again. Repeat the whole procedure in between updates.
Be sure when downloading the relevant update bin file from DJI it is the only one on the desktop or wherever it is stored otherwise it may create another file name adding a 'digit' or two to its end name. I made that mistake b downloading two copies of the same file and used the secondary copy to try and update the aircraft. It failed to recognise the update when placed in the gimbal however for whatever it recognised the primary downloaded file when I tried that.

Let me know how it goes?

Good luck

Phil
2016-1-3
Use props
detailsound
New

United States

Pat thank you you are the man , I had so many files on my Mac it was Crazy, I foind them all reinstalled 1.5 I would like to thank you a bunch really thank so much
2016-1-3
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No problem, it's a pleasure, enjoy!
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules