Flight Time
1308 12 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
New

United States

Hello All, received a Phantom 2 Vision + v3.0 from Santa and completed  the necessary updates with no issures. I have made several flights in the last couple of days and noticed that I'm only getting 14-15 mins of actual flight time. Any advise on getting the manufactures claimed 25 mins of flight time would be appricated.

Thanks
Scott
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Getting 14 to 15 minutes is about average.  The 23 to 25 minutes is done under controlled conditions.
2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depending on then you stop flying (I stop someplace between 20%-30%) and get about 18 minutes.  I've heard of people flying much lower, all the way down to 10% but I want to keep my Phantom in one piece and have room to spare in case I need extra time to complete flight.
2014-12-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Indoors, without the camera or gimbal fitted, in a steady hover and running the battery down to 0% you will get 25 mins flight.
Real world times for me are 16 to 18 mins returning with 30% battery, but it depends a lot on the flying conditions.
Think of it in the same way as your car manufacture quotes fuel consumption, in a controlled environment, on the road figures are normally much less.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-29 08:44
Depending on then you stop flying (I stop someplace between 20%-30%) and get about 18 minutes.  I've ...

Exactly right, I've only triggered the 15% one time, and it was within about 60 feet from me at 10 feet high.  I have to much invested in my bird to sacrifice an extra 2 or 3 minutes.
2014-12-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

That's why I have 3 batteries, no need to push the limits and risk not having enough power to come home.
2014-12-28
Use props
scott
New

United States

Thank you all for your quick responses! All of them make perfect sense.
2014-12-28
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Good grief, we must be doing something wrong, nothing is supposed to make any sense in these forums...
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 09:00
Good grief, we must be doing something wrong, nothing is supposed to make any sense in these forums. ...

LMAO, but what you say has been true.
2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 08:47
Indoors, without the camera or gimbal fitted, in a steady hover and running the battery down to 0% y ...

You get more battery time when in flight; it actually uses more battery in hover than in flying due to the fact that in hover the props do all the work but in flight you get transitional lift from motion so it actually takes less energy to fly than to sit.  Would it be nice if the same where true for the pilot ;)
2014-12-28
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Works harder in the turbulent air in hover. Better when the props get to bite into clean air. Translational lift helps too, making the motors work less hard.
2014-12-28
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

Somewhere between 15 to 20 minutes on a P2V+.
It seems that I get more flight time if I use ATTI mode (probably because the Phantom doesn't work so hard to stay in one place and process all that GPS data). You may get even more if you don't have a camera (therefore a lighter Phantom).
I did hit the 10% mark once and my Phantom executed an automatic-landing (but it was next to me).
2014-12-28
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 09:00
Good grief, we must be doing something wrong, nothing is supposed to make any sense in these forums. ...

HeHe! sometimes we do make sense John!  I,m with you- 3 batts and I'm calling it in after around 14 mins , just to be sure she comes home. - NAZA M homelock from wherever she may be!
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules