Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H4-3D - which Assistant Please?
1173 4 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bhicks
New

United States

Hi everyone - I am new, and I have tried very hard to figure things out myself and avoid posting another 'help the new guy' thread, but I have done tons of searching and can't find the answer to this seemingly simple question - I have the Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H4-3D;  Which Phantom Assistant Software do I need to download?

I have installed the driver - it was painful, but finally managed to get that done.

I have downloaded (not yet installed) Phantom RC assistant v 1.2 - but don't know which other software is right for this model?

I am sorry to be a bother and thank you in advance for your kind assistance.  I have made a few flights and have gotten comfortable enough with the unit to install the H4-3D and the GoPro now but will not be flying the combo until everything is properly installed and updated.

For what it is worth I have wi-fi at my house..twice the copter went up and east on it's own, out of control, thankfully crashing into some trees.  Started taking it to a large vacant field for 'flight traning' and haven;t experienced that again. It was terrifying, but it seems maybe my 2.4 gHz wireless might have been the issue..

Anyway, thank you!
Brad
2015-12-26
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Brad if you go to DJI web site and go to the model you have and then to the download section you can get the latest firmware and assist software for your model. The assist version would be version 3.14 and then load the Windows driver first and then the assistant. Plug into the Phntom USB port and to the PC . Power up and go to the upgrade tab. Then it will tell you what needs to be updated and will load it for you. Then get the camera firmwa e and follow the text file for installation via a sad card for that one. That should get you up to date. Then do the IMU calibration and compass calibration as well as the RC sticks. Videos on you tube show how. Be sure to set up home lock and get you satellites to 6 or more before take off.
2015-12-27
Use props
bhicks
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-12-27 04:14
Brad if you go to DJI web site and go to the model you have and then to the download section you can ...

Hi Roy - thank you for your assistance.  I don't see a download for a 3.14 assistant?  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download?www=v1

3.8 is for a DJI Vision model   O.o
2015-12-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

The software you need for the Phantom is the:
Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8 which contains the 3.14 central board firmware
You also need the Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2 which i think you have:
You also need the DJI WIN Driver Installer which is actually the first software you should install.

The first of the above will download the updated firmware for your Phantom and will give you some ability to calibrate the RC as well if you have it on, though to actually update the RC, the RC Assistant must be ran separately with the RC plugged into the PC as you would have had to do with the Phantom for its firmware updates.

None of the above will work without the WIN Driver!!

I all else fails, delete/de-install what you have loaded and start over just to be sure
2015-12-28
Use props
bhicks
New

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-12-28 14:31
The software you need for the Phantom is the:
Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.8 which contains the  ...

ok then I'm good to go - had all that downloaded and installed, just didn't run anything yet because the assistant (3.8) is title DJI Phantom 2 Vision - was afraid it would not be the right one for my QC.  Thank you for your assistance.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules