Firmware update problem on PS dvance
727 4 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

I have several micro sd cards and like an idiot I put in an sd card that had an old firmware version 1.3.002. At the time my phantom had firmware version 1.4.001 and so it automatically started to downgrade the firmware. During the downgrade process it reaches a point where the b-b-b-b stops and the gimbal makes a load grinding high pitch sound and the flashing red/green light on the gimbal turns solid red. It is also not beeping. At this point I turn off the phantom. If I put in the card with the 1.4 firmware it starts updating and then reaches the same point and does the same exact thing. What should I do at this point? Is there anyway around this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also if you get any failed messages in the upgrade log but the final message is success does that mean that the failed messages were corrected at the end?
2015-12-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

I was able to successfully downgrade but when upgrading back to 1.4 I had the same exact problem. I downgraded back down to 1.3.02 without a problem. Afraid to upgrade back to 1.4. This is ridiculous!!!
2015-12-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know if a direct upgrade to the latest firmware will work from 1.3.02?
2015-12-26
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rdc4444@hotmail Posted at 2015-12-26 14:59
Does anyone know if a direct upgrade to the latest firmware will work from 1.3.02?

I honestly don't know, but, at this stage, what have you got to lose?
I'm sorry I can't help you more - I have *never* tried to downgrade to a different firmware, so I have no experience in this area.

I've seen a bit of this discussed before. In a perfect world, there would be a "master reset" and you could apply every firmware update created so far. But I'm not aware of any such reset.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

rdc4444@hotmail Posted at 2015-12-27 03:59

You can upgrade the firmware directly firm version 1.3.2 to the latest version .
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules