No sound on Osmo when I upload a file.
19116 68 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamshuntington
lvl.1

United States

Open the file in QuickTime and save as a new self contained file.  It will save as .mov and your problem is fixed.  
2016-8-5
Use props
n32cjn
lvl.1
Canada

adamshuntington Posted at 2016-8-5 17:22
Open the file in QuickTime and save as a new self contained file.  It will save as .mov and your pro ...

We are having the same problem and are using the Rode external mic. Audio plays back in its entirety on the editor on iPhone 6s, but cuts out after 10 seconds when I view the clip that was dumped from the card. I have opened it in VLC, QuickTime, Premier, have tried resaving it and still no luck with the audio. Luckily this only happened on my last shot and not on the rest of the clips. Is there another solution here besides sending it back?
2016-9-19
Use props
cleanslatedm
New

United States

Same issues here; recorded for hours, random files have no audio, two of them corrupt. Happens on one of two Osmos we own. Fix?
2016-9-27
Use props
dangaches1
New

United Kingdom

Hey. Same issues as well... plays back audio on iOS device (iPhone and iPad) but no audio on SD card from the Osmo, or with the transferred iPhone file once its on the Mac??

Any suggestions?
2016-10-4
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally got around to using mine after having for months and same issue. Latest firmware. Probably recorded 30 minutes total. Only thing that has audio is previewing on GO app. Even the low quality downloads from app  that take forever to save don't have audio. Really sucks if this is how it works. iPhone 6s+ latest OS.
2016-10-16
Use props
asherterpstra
New

Australia

What's happening with this DJI? I'm another unfortunate victim of audio absenteeism; sound comes through on the dji app when playing back, but when I copy the files to my Mac via USB the video is silent. This made video syncing via audio channels very tedious in my last shoot which involved more than one camera. Is this a hardware issue or can we expect a fix in the next firmware update?
2016-10-22
Use props
fans64961d23
New

United States

Same issue. Just bought the camera, all set as per instructions and there is no sound. It is enabled and maxed out but the indicator shows nothing, the playback in the app - no sound, and then the sound somehow IS PRESENT in the "Edit" section of the app, and from the way it sounds I suspect it was recorded from the PHONE MIC(!), not the inbuilt mic, not the Rode external mic. I checked app permissions in my iPhone and the access to the phone mic is ENABLED for the DJI GO app, confirming my suspicion of the microphone conflict. That could explain why there is no sound anywhere but when played in the GO app editor on the phone, but not from the SD card. No sound there, none at all. It is clearly a firmware and software issue that needs to be resolved ASAP.
2016-11-4
Use props
fans64961d23
New

United States

I have actually tested/investigated further and my original theory got confirmed - the sound is being recorded with the phone (!!!) microphone, so it makes sense that it remains hidden somewhere in the phone file structure. I tested it in several ways, including disallowing the GO app to use the phone's mic - and the sound was gone even in the "edit" section after that, which 100% confirms that this is the issue. The inbuilt camera mic and the Rode do not function, the sound indicator is zero despite the sound being ON and the gain being max. Please, correct the issue ASAP - clearly, there are many of us with this problem. Why does the camera record from the phone when it's supposed to use its own mic or an external one?!..
2016-11-4
Use props
fans4dc83248
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4063428 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have just found the answer.  I have been using 2 external mics.  I was using the Rodelink Filmmaker and the sound was great on the app. No sound on the file when I downloaded it. I used another external mic only minutes after this mic and when I downloaded the file there was audio.  The answer is that the jack WASNOT pushed firmly into the OSMO.  I retried the experiment again when I realised the problem, and it is now solved.

2016-11-4
Use props
fans2def8a57
lvl.2
United States

fans4dc83248 Posted at 2016-11-4 23:26
I have just found the answer.  I have been using 2 external mics.  I was using the Rodelink Filmmake ...

Hi everyone....I was having the same issue and resolved it be using the "reset" option on the camera.

Both internal and external mic got disabled somehow.

ScreenShot before resetting.

2016-11-5
Use props
Seanie Blue
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone been able to export the sound from the video cache files in the app?
When I export files from the micro SD card OR from the USB port on the Osmo, the files have NO audio. But when I play back the clips in the app itself on the iPhone, the audio seems quite usable.
So I'm wondering if anybody here has any ideas of how to jerry-rig the audio coming out of the iPhone jack, even if just to make audio files which I can then sync with the clips.

The Osmo is a fabulous gadget, but DJI's bizarre customer service about this issue is a serious problem. New Osmo buyers who might be reading this: You are highly likely to have such severe audio problems with your equipment that purchasing this version (late 2016) is a great risk of throwing away your money.
2016-11-21
Use props
mradeck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1902753 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

there seems to be several bugs around this ext mic problem, one is the system does not always recognize the external mic, on ipad and on samsung s6 the ext mic info does not always shown in the dji go app, even not with the free ext mic but much more then with the dji/rode bundle that several resellers sell with the osmo the last one has a simple physical problem, you cannot inject as deep as the free ext mic into the mic-slot

also i can confirm, that the stream files records with the mobile device onboard mic and does not record the audio from the osmo - a very useless feature
also i can confirm, that the quicktime mov files does not show up any audio content with any well known media software player (win10 nor mac)

so DJI... this thread is several month old, and you does not have fixed all those problems nor the audio meter display shows any recording infos, so why is this display meter there, why it is not working?  a main feature of producing films is audio recording, there are many other threads here in the forum who reports the same problems, even the same DJI Supporters have responded already in several of those threads, only asking back without presenting any solution... so dji is knowing whats going on... when will you fix this
2016-12-6
Use props
JonParke
New

United States

I am also having this issue.  There was definitely audio recorded and I made sure it was activated with the Rode external mic connected.  Do we have any way to reclaim the audio from these recordings?  
2016-12-13
Use props
mboesen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277139 ft
Denmark

I have just looked at some files I recorded with my Osmo this summer (I know - long time ago).

Half of them have fine sound and then suddenly the last half have no sound. When checking the file on the phone dji app then sound is fine.

I also notised that when importing the files into Premiere Pro, then one with sound plays normally, but the files without sound only plays fast forward.

I found a video on youtube on have to get the video directly from my iPhone, but I am pretty sure it is not suppose to be like that.

Did anybody ever find a solution as to get the sound exported within the videofile?
2016-12-15
Use props
fans8c1c93d8
New

Belgium

I have the same problem, just leave the microSD in the gimbal and connect to your computer/mac with the microUSB on the gimbal. The sound will be transfert this way
2016-12-23
Use props
CraigArtzner
lvl.2
United States

*Possible Fix*

Just got my Osmo mobile today and am having these sound issues. The DJI Go app for my first three videos recorded no audio. Videos did not play back audio in either the DJI app nor when I saved them to my iPhone's camera roll (I'm running an iPhone 6).  I then transferred the videos to my Dell PC and none of my media players could produce audio for these videos.

Then I read another post where someone said from the DJI camera app they had to go to Settings (gear icon)>Camera>Reset Camera before every shoot in order to get audio. I did a "Reset Camera" and my next video did capture sound. I was able to play the sound in the DJI app as well as when saved to the camera roll. I then downloaded the video to my PC...however...when the video was played in Windows Media Player there was still no audio. So I tried opening the video in Quicktime Player instead...and then the video played with audio! (?)  I then imported the video into Adobe Premiere Pro CC (this is the most important test) and it played just fine and had audio (whew!). So if you have videos that aren't playing audio, try playing them in a few different audio players and you may find your audio.

So I guess I'll just keep playing around with it. Thanks to the guy who posted about "Reset Camera", because I wasn't even recording audio until I did that. I dragged my first few (non-audio) videos from earlier into Premiere Pro and they had no audio data whatsoever.  I wonder if it has something to do with the Phantom drone camera settings, because the camera on the Phantom 3 Standard (which I bought last month) doesn't record audio, and maybe the DJI Go app is somehow carrying those "silent" settings over to the Osmo in the app by default?  I'd be interested to know how many of you having these issues also run a Phantom (or any) drone through their DJI Go app.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans3119e250
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1498320 ft
India

I have noticed the same issue.  It seems that the Phone is recording the audio and not the attached mic.  Audio plays fine with the app but not sound when playing the .mov file directly from the microSD card on the computer.  Using Mac and have an Inspire 1 but use an iPad for that.  So we are now into 2017 and I'm seeing the problem goes back to 2015.  Has it been fixed for anyone?
2017-1-15
Use props
jimmymed3
New

United States

Has this issue really been going on for two years?! I too have this problem. I am a travel vlogger and recently got back from a trip from Vegas to find that a couple key clips do not have audio, including an interview with Tommy Chong. Obviously very frustrated. Some of the clips have not been saving to my iPhone either. We use a Rode VideoMicro for shooting. I emailed DJI a few weeks ago and surprise, haven't received a response. What is going on over at DJI? Why hasnt this issue been fixed? We all paid alot of money for this piece of equipment that is unreliable and I feel that DJI is not doing its part in fixing this situation. Do they not know these forums are public and everyone can see the lousy customer support? I own a few DJI products and this might be my last.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans74a3ee58
New
France

Hi, i've the smae problem BUT when i open the file in windows player, i've sound, when i import them in Premiere Pro or other app, no sound recognized !
2017-3-14
Use props
topographicdojo
New
United States

Wow, just got an osmo+ yesterday and same issue. Beyond disappointed, as the product is completely useless in this condition.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans6ce9733a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344754 ft
United States

I've been having the exact same problem and it's been driving me crazy. No Audio present on SD card, but some audio in the DJIGO Editor. But I found the problem.

I solved this issue for myself - hopefully this will solve it for most of you.
For some reason by DJI has by default set the camera to not record audio by default - the audio we are hearing on our phone's is being recorded using the phone mic. Turn turn audio on connect to the Osmo, and in the DJIGO app - go to the Camera Icon > Audio Control > Check "Record Audio" and turn the volume up, by default mine was at 10 I havne't had time to test the best level yet so I jsut cranked it to 100. I leave "Enable Inner Mic" Turned off and plug in an external Rode.
On the lower center of your screen if your mic is off, when recording video, there will be a red mic with a slash through it. After enabling "record audio" it will be white. If you blut in and external mic it will show a small "ext" next to the mic. When it's working you should see the audio level bars lighting up as it's recording.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans0e274db7
New
United States

same problem here. audio saved on phone with preview clips but not on osmo SD card. returning my devices.
2018-1-12
Use props
fansa8f98008
New

Has anyone found any solution to this problem of not recording sound?
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa8f98008 Posted at 2018-5-23 10:58
Has anyone found any solution to this problem of not recording sound?

Please note the audio in video cache is recorded by the mic of your mobile device, while the audio in SD card is recorded via the mic of Osmo.
If there is no audio in the footage of the SD card, please make sure the 'Record Audio' has been turned on under Camera Settings--Audio Control.
2018-5-24
Use props
fansa8f98008
New

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-24 02:02
Please note the audio in video cache is recorded by the mic of your mobile device, while the audio in SD card is recorded via the mic of Osmo.
If there is no audio in the footage of the SD card, please make sure the 'Record Audio' has been turned on under Camera Settings--Audio Control.

Yes, I noticed that the audio was recorded by the phone itself, but all the audio settings of the Osmo + are properly active, and yet it does not record, why?
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa8f98008 Posted at 2018-5-24 09:34
Yes, I noticed that the audio was recorded by the phone itself, but all the audio settings of the Osmo + are properly active, and yet it does not record, why?

Do you use the internal mic or the external mic? Did you make a comparison for a brief troubleshooting?
2018-5-28
Use props
AgnesEvan
lvl.1

United States

Can you directly play the sound on the computer? If yes, I think you can transfer the audio file to your computer, and then make use Audio Capture for Windows to record it easily.  
2018-10-24
Use props
carydirect2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1073701 ft
United States

I also have no sound after the last update. The recorder looks like the Mike is picking up by looking at indicator but also nothing on the file? HTC phone and using wireless adaptorbor not its the same
2019-6-12
Use props
carydirect2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1073701 ft
United States

Update, SD card has the recording but only able to play back through another instrument. Not phone hooked to camera
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules