Osmo Handle DOA
2374 14 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

Received my Osmo Handle kit on 12/24 to use with my Inspire X3 gimbal/camera. Charged battery, installed the Inspire X3 (after doing latest firmware updates via the Inpire), turned on the handle and ... nothing. The Handle lights the green light on the top right, but nothing happens to the gimbal/camera. It is as if there is no power going to the X3. It lights the LED's on the Handle the same whether or not the X3 is attached.
I can connect to the Handle with my iPhone/iPad, launch the Go app (which says the Osmo is connected), but there is no camera image, and most of the options are inaccessible.

I was told by a DJI rep on another forum to update the firmware, but there is no way to do so since the X3 won't power up to access the microSD card, and you apparently can't currently update via the DJI Go app.

One other thing that is a bit of an annoyance is that there was no documentation provided with the Osmo Handle kit. I downloaded the regular Osmo manuals form the DJI web site, but I would think a dedicated manual for the Handle would be in order, since the regular manual refers principally to the Osmo X3, and I would guess that most folks purchasing the Handle are doing so to use it with their Inspire X3 (or X5).

Anyone else get their Osmo Handle to use with their Inspire X3, and if so, are you having better luck than I am?

2015-12-27
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, connect the X3 camera to the Inspire 1 and update everything to the latest firmware for all items.

Once everything has been updated, then you take the X3 camera off the inspire 1 and put it on the Osmo handle, REMEMBER THE WHITE ALIGNMENT LINE is 180 degrees to the Osmo Handle.
Now you power up the osmo camera and connect to it using Wifi.
Once you are connected, you can open up the DJI Go App and after a few seconds, you should have a video feed.

Even if there is NO video feed, you should still be able to move the gimbal with the joystick on the OSMO Handle. Are you able to do this?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, have you activated the Osmo handle? If you're using the handle for the first time, you need to activate it.
1) Upgrade the X3 white camera on the inspire to the latest version(latest version of Inspire 1, please upgraded it on Inspire. Try to install the latest app v2.4.3. 2)Please try to fully charge the battery first, make sure the charger led turns from red to green.
3) Mount the white camera on Osmo, power it on and connect the Osmo wifi.
4)Try to activate the Osmo step by step. (If you can't get any activation reminder, please try to use IOS device to activate.)
5)If there is still no camera feed, please provide a screen shot of your camera view. 6)Try to reboot the Osmo, hold the trigger and record, pull the power switch until the right led blinks red and green, wait for a while and then power it off. Try to upgrade the Osmo handle to the latest v.1.4.1.80.

2015-12-27
Use props
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-27 19:15
First, connect the X3 camera to the Inspire 1 and update everything to the latest firmware for all i ...

Thank you for the reply. I have done all of that. There seems to be no power at all to the X3 from the Handle. No video feed, and can't move the gimbal with the joystick.
2015-12-28
Use props
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-28 02:40
Hi, have you activated the Osmo handle? If you're using the handle for the first time, you need to a ...

Hi Amy,

1. I have updated to the latest firmware via the Inspire, and I also have the latest app version (2.4.3).

2. I started by fully charging the battery.

3. I can connect to the Osmo WiFi just fine with my iPhone and iPad.

4. I never get any prompt to activate, and can't find any screen to do so. I do use iOS devices.

5. See attached.
6. I have tried the reboot a number of times. It does not help.

Camera Screen

Camera Screen
2015-12-28
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Musiicman, try to uninstall the DJI GO app and then restart your iphone or ipad. Then re-install the DJI GO App. The handle won't be usable until you activate it.
2015-12-28
Use props
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-28 12:22
Musiicman, try to uninstall the DJI GO app and then restart your iphone or ipad. Then re-install the ...

Hi teamnest1,

I have done so several times. It seems activation is not available. Have been through online chat session, and now trying to reach DJI on the phone to arrange return. Thanks for the ideas!
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

MusicmanKD Posted at 2015-12-29 01:53
Hi teamnest1,

I have done so several times. It seems activation is not available. Have been throu ...

Please try to make sure the X3 camera has been updated to the latest Inspire 1 version. Also, please try to re-mount the X3 camera and remove the red plastic clice on the connection pin. It seems like the gimbal can't detect the X3 camera.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

MusicmanKD Posted at 2015-12-29 01:53
Hi teamnest1,

I have done so several times. It seems activation is not available. Have been throu ...

Could you please provide an app screenshot of your firmware version? It's under setting->general->about ->Firmware versions.
2015-12-28
Use props
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-28 21:56
Please try to make sure the X3 camera has been updated to the latest Inspire 1 version. Also, pleas ...

Hi Amy,

I have done this, but still no luck. I have contacted support and they have issued a return ticket. Thank you for all of your suggestions and help.
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

MusicmanKD Posted at 2015-12-30 02:41
Hi Amy,

I have done this, but still no luck. I have contacted support and they have issued a retu ...

Try to detach it and mount the camera again, it seems like the connection issue. Please check the pin connection make sure it has been mounted tightly. We have a customer solved the same problem by detaching it and mounting it again.  I really hope you can solve your problem before you ask for the return.
2015-12-29
Use props
MusicmanKD
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-29 21:27
Try to detach it and mount the camera again, it seems like the connection issue. Please check the  ...

Hi Amy,

Sorry, but it is already on its way back to DJI. I had had detached and reattached it dozens of times during the troubleshooting process. I wish we could have resolved it here, as well, but it appears it truly was a defective unit. Thank you for all of your help!
2015-12-30
Use props
tdmilne.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477674 ft
United Kingdom

I have just purchased an Inspire 1 Pro with X5 and an OSM with X3 having the same issues with the OSMO and X3 here in February the 14th 2016 as the above extremely disappointing as I have spent £5.5k on this kit alone not that impressed wither with the info online. I also have an s900, A2, Z15 with GH4 and light bridge so Im not a newbie at this sort of kit..
2016-2-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

MusicmanKD Posted at 2015-12-28 12:53
Hi teamnest1,

Good luck with that one.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tdmilne.gmail Posted at 2016-2-15 07:30
I have just purchased an Inspire 1 Pro with X5 and an OSM with X3 having the same issues with the OS ...

Thanks for your cooperation and support with DJI. If all the troubleshooting can not help you fix the problem, please ask your dealer for the after-sales service. Sorry for any trouble caused!
2016-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules