Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Horizontal roll axis drifting - SOLVED
1234Next >
54376 123 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

Hi all DJI Ronin masters,

Need your advice. I have a problem with my DJI Ronin. I have been using it for 3 months and recently this problem occurred. I mount the Canon 5D mark iii with perfect balancing. All 100% balanced but when I power on the Ronin, it seems the roll axis is not horizontally balanced. (It drifts away) Please see the photo.  I have done many times of calibration. After the calibration, it looks fine but after a while, it happened again. The roll axis drifts away. I have also upgraded the firmware. Please help. Thanks!

The above problem has been solved. I managed to downgrade the firmware from 2.3 to 2.1 using Gimbal Assistant 1.2 version. Thanks to Blair from DJI for sending me the assistant.
photo.JPG
2014-12-29
Use props
lvl.1

Jamaica

Ive been having a similar issue. I balance my C300 as perfect as i can (and i do this all the time for steadicam, so im pretty square about it), and then with power up, the roll is a few degrees off. I go to the motor menu, adjust the trim a bit to set it level, and then after a few minutes of use, I dock the rig and the roll is off again. I am somewhat attributing this to acceleration since I was laterally tracking runners, but I am not sure. I also have noticed that my pan axis tends to go off a few degrees, which again I am relating to inertia from lateral movement.

This week I will probably increase the stiffness of those two axes and see if I have any better results.
2015-1-11
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

Are you letting the gimbal acclimate to the temperature you are using it in prior to this problem coming up? alot of times the IMU will drift as it warms up
2015-1-13
Use props
shane
lvl.1

United States

This same thing happens to me. I've had my Ronin for a few months, and barely used it. It's doing the horizon drift now, and wont follow in SmoothTrack Mode at all anymore, regardless of deadband settings, etc.
2015-1-13
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

connect to assistant software and adjust Motor 'Trim'
2015-1-14
Use props
lvl.1

Jamaica

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-14 17:27
connect to assistant software and adjust Motor 'Trim'

I have done this and it fixes the problem temporarily, but soon after I find that I end up having more drift and need to readjust.

regarding temperature - i have been using it for shoot runners in jamaica, so its very warm and humid, and this could be the issue. my only issue with that is that i am experiencing what i wrote above, as well. i should know more this saturday when i shoot another meet.

brett.
2015-1-14
Use props
shane
lvl.1

United States

The reason this is an issue for me, is that my gimbal was working totally fine but I was getting some side to side, then I reset to defaults to start over with he settings because i couldn't remember what I did previously, and now its just totally non-responsive to SmoothTrack follow mode and do crazy lean thing on start up and just does nothing.
2015-1-14
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

Did you try the system calibration?
2015-1-14
Use props
acaldwell
lvl.1
Australia

Im having this same problem since upgrading to the new firmware...

Is there any solutions for this yet? Is there a new firmware update on its way?

My ronin is pretty much useless with this amount of drift.

And to answer all of the standard troubleshooting:
Yes used the 'calibrate' function
I've hit reset to factory settings
Powered cycled etc.

Still no luck..
2015-1-17
Use props
samuelchristoph
New

United Kingdom

I also have this exact same problem. I have emailed DJI with the following email. There seems to be no way to recalibrate the centre points on the axis and the reset 'position 3' on the controller to reset the level of the axis is unresponsive and does not allow me to reset it. For now it has stop the serious drifting but as you say it's becoming unusable.

"Hi

I have recently found a few problems with my Ronin.

When turning it on both the vertical and roll axis are un-level, something I've had for a while now on the roll axis but usually very little amount and I have to correct it every time I turn it on, but at least it was possible to do so, however now it is being unresponsive and has far more more un-level.

I have tried calibrating centre Using controller to recenter axis and then selecting centre before restarting, I've also tried calibrating system and auto tune. I have also tried making this recenter adjustment in all controller modes to make sure and i have found;

When in Position 1: I can centre axis
When in Position 2: I can centre axis
When in Position 3: I can't move the the 'joystick 2' (J3 J4)

When I select Position 3 on controller the gimbal will snap sideways on the roll axis before slowly settling but never leveling and as I say the joystick 2 is un responsive. Position 3 should be the position to re calibrate centre too so that is what is making it impossible perhaps.

When Auto tuning system the system will suddenly over work the motors and create a loud vibrating noise, seemingly over estimating the load. (Current load is a very simple 7D with 11-16, also tried with Blackmagic, same issue)

Also when in smooth track I have also found that when I turn left or right the roll axis will roll in the same direction as if connected to each other.

Plus on top of that I had that muddy tilt axis since the v2.3 update.

Firstly please could you help with the above, secondly is it possible to revert back to v2.1 firmware which I had far less problems with, or thirdly have you made progress on the v2.4 yet? I was told nearly 3 months ago now that it was going t be released pretty quickly after the 2.3 was released to solve that tilt issue?

Oh finally I found that when plugging it into the gimbal app on my mac it actually is not recognised and I see no read out of stats."

I will let you know what the respond with, but right now I just want to go back to v2.1 so I can actually use it for work again without the worry of it failing.
2015-1-18
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

samuelchristoph Posted at 2015-1-19 01:07
I also have this exact same problem. I have emailed DJI with the following email. There seems to be  ...

For the first question, have you already adjust the balance as mentioned in the manual?
2015-1-19
Use props
samuelchristoph
New

United Kingdom

adjust the balance in what way? It is perfectly balanced before I turn the motor on?
2015-1-24
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-1-15 11:58
Did you try the system calibration?

I have done all the calibration be it in the apps or in the PC. No luck, I believe it is the firmware problem. It was working perfect before upgrading to the new firmware. Could you please send me the link to download the assistant software version 1.1? I want to downgrade it back to 2.1 from 2.3. Please help.
2015-2-1
Use props
striemerfilm
New

Germany

Same Problems . Before the new firmwareupdate to 2. 3 all was Fine . Now  I get After Perfect trimming of all axis, After Autotune the .
And this Is Not the only Problem, drifting Pan and Rollaxis, Not possible to get The Pan axis in Center . This update Is waste . Look here
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Dji please make the downgrade to the older Firmware Version possible. I lost jobs , i lost Money with this rubbish update!
2015-2-3
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

striemerfilm Posted at 2015-2-4 02:45
Same Problems . Before the new firmwareupdate to 2. 3 all was Fine . Now  I get After Perfect trimmi ...

Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
Please leave your email-address which can receive attachment larger than 10M. I will enclose the downgrade Assistant to you
2015-2-5
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-6 15:12
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
Please leave your email-address which can receive attachment larger than ...

Hi, please send us Gimbal Assistant 1.1. We need IMU firmware version 2.1. If you give us Gimbal Assistant 1.2 will only downgrade to IMU firmware 2.2. Version 2.2 is useless as it will disable the tilt function in smoothtrack mode. So give us Gimbal Assistant 1.1 or IMU firmware older than 2.2

My email address is pentagon78@hotmail.com
2015-2-5
Use props
acaldwell.email
lvl.1
Australia

Hi I'm having this same issue.
It's ridiculous.
I've contacted dji and sent emails back and forth, left, right and centre.
Still no resolution and still the same damn suggestions.
It was working perfectly before updating to the new firmware.
I'm running DJI software 1.4 on mac.
Upgrade to firmware:
GCU: 0.12
IMU: 2.3
Since upgrading, the roll axis drifts. It doesn't find centre properly.
Ive reinstalled both firmware updates over 7 times now, reset to factory settings, used calibrate system and auto tune stability even more times.
STILL NOT WORKING.
I need this fixed asap because Ive spent just shy of 4 grand and can't use it :@

Here is a video showing this issue...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nac39 ... 20Firmware.mp4?dl=0
2015-2-6
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-6 15:12
Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
Please leave your email-address which can receive attachment larger than ...

Could you just post a link to the downgrade then those that need it can get it directly?

John.
2015-2-6
Use props
arturochu.gmail
lvl.1

Mexico

I have the exact same problem since i upgraded, please send me gimbal assistant 1.1 so i can downgrade.

arturochu@gmail.com
2015-2-10
Use props
kevin.airworxci
lvl.1

United States

Exact same problem.  Please email me the downgrade link as well... thank you!

Kevin@AirWorxCinema.com
2015-2-11
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Malaysia

kevin.airworxci Posted at 2015-2-12 09:35
Exact same problem.  Please email me the downgrade link as well... thank you!

just dropped you an email
2015-2-11
Use props
wwwdotcoms.gmai
New

Indonesia

I have same problem with new firmware. Anyone can help me for Gimbal Assistant 1.1 for mac ? Please email me...thank you

email : wwwdotcoms@gmail.com
2015-2-12
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 698599 ft
Spain

Good afternoon, I have a Ronin since August 2014, all perfect and Since upgraded i to the latest version 2.3 of RONIN, I have problems.
- Often, after click end point test, or test smoothtrack loses the center pan or tilt, and I have to click default.
- when I move the Roll continuously, also moves the pan (stabilizing wrongly), and the engines off
- In Information app, no data appears hardware or firm.

The firmware perfect for my is 2.2!!!
I need the Gimbal Assistant 1.2 (pc), for downgrade the firmware from 2.3 to 2.1
EDIT:
Now I have the version
Gimbal Asistant 1.2, still detects the latest version (2.3), and I can do nothing.
as is done, the downgrade the firmware from 2.3 to 2.1, with the Gimbal Asistant 1.2? Thank you Kevin for send me the GimbalAssistant 1.2

I have the same problem as in this video http://youtu.be/Yn4TuLyZZL8

2015-2-15
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.2
Spain

anyone can help me please?
2015-2-18
Use props
david
lvl.1
France

Hi there.. Same problem , can anyone send the 1.2 assistant and 2.2 firmware ? (i'm on mac)
Thank you very much

David
2015-2-22
Use props
tahoejmfc
lvl.1

United States

just do a system calibration and the problem will go away
2015-2-23
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I would also like to have 1.2 Assistant to downgrade to 2.2. Thanks
2015-2-25
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.2
Spain

I've also solved.
The support DJI has to authorize the serial number of RONIN, for Downgrade 2.1 with the "Gimbal Assitant 1.2"
Thanks to Blair from DJI for sending me the assistant, and authorize the serial number of my ronin, for downgrade,
Here is the assistant 1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc249b ... aller_v1.2.zip?dl=0

before authorizing S/N

before authorizing S/N

After authorizing S/N

After authorizing S/N
2015-2-26
Use props
markytk
New

Hong Kong

I would also like to have 1.2 Assistant to downgrade to 2.2.  please send me the methods

markytk@gmail.com
2015-2-26
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.2
Spain

markytk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-2-27 14:02
I would also like to have 1.2 Assistant to downgrade to 2.2.  please send me the methods

Here is the assistant 1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc249b ... _installer_v1.2.zip
but necessary, send an email to support@dji.com with the serial number of your ronin, that they authorize the "Downgrade firm 2.1 with Assitant 1.2"
2015-3-1
Use props
ryanlightvideos
New

United States

I would like to down grade my firmware I have ver 2.3 . issues: can't get gimbal to center no matter how many times I set center is almost 45 degrees off from what I set  when I reboot. Another issues I am having is when mounted to the car and moving the pan axis wobbles back and forth consistently. I have gone over the forum trying to find a setting to decrease or increase to fix this but no answer has worked. I read in the manual if you get wobble to lower the smooth speed and increase dead band but no difference.
2015-3-31
Use props
besartgerbeshi
New

Lithuania

I would also like to downgrade to 2.1. Can someone authorize the downgrade. At moment ronin is useless.
Please contact me besartgerbeshi@gmail.com
Thanks

Best regards,
Besart Gerbeshi
2015-5-14
Use props
justinhearn
New

United States

besartgerbeshi@ Posted at 2015-5-14 22:42
I would also like to downgrade to 2.1. Can someone authorize the downgrade. At moment ronin is usel ...

Can someone send me the downgrade also for mac? I have the problem as well and it almost ruined a shoot.

jhearn1@gmail.com
2015-5-15
Use props
orfeugars
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey everyone,
I've just received my Ronin M and used it for a couple of hours for testing and it was working fine, although the pre-balancing procedures are hard to achieve on this smaller version. However, yesterday at a wedding, my device started to behave exactly as mentioned above: roll axis horizontal drift. I tried to recalibrate, and the problem is still there. I am using it with a Sony A7s and a Canon 16-35mm.
Could someone please help me to get this sorted?
Many thanks,
Gione
2015-5-24
Use props
jkenific
New

United States

Wondering if someone can please help!
I too need the iPhone app version downgrade and have had an extremely difficult experience with the overseas support team!

I've had horizontal axis problem ruin two big shoots for me and In addition to needing the steps to getting this app downgraded the bigger problem is trying get Dji the information they need from me and where I can find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jkenific@gmail.com
2015-5-25
Use props
spham30
New

Australia

pentagon78 Posted at 2015-2-12 10:08
just dropped you an email

anything for osx? need a downgrade.

spham30@gmail.com
2015-5-30
Use props
info
New

Indonesia

Same problem here, also have to downgrade to 2.1 from 2.3. I need the software for mac OSX.

info@oliverrivers.net
2015-5-31
Use props
patrickjvilela
lvl.1

Canada

Please send a mac version. Having the same problems.

patrickjvilela@hotmail.com
2015-6-1
Use props
jon.speyers
New

United States

Same problem.  Anyone have the mac version of 1.2?  

jon.speyers@gmail.com

2015-6-1
Use props
arturochu
lvl.1

Mexico

how do you downgrade i already have the assistant 1.2 but i dunno how to downgrade. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bc0dr ... 2023.27.13.png?dl=0

care to help?
2015-6-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules