Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here we go -

MIAMI — Frank Carollo, a longtime member of the City Council here, had worked for several weeks fine-tuning a proposal to limit the use of recreational drones, the increasingly popular remote-controlled flying devices. Minutes before the start of the vote on the rules this month, lawyers from the Federal Aviation Administration called him.
“People we had not spoken to at the F.A.A. and at companies suddenly called for amendments,” Mr. Carollo said after the vote. “But there had been a void on public safety and the use of drones. We understand the F.A.A. regulates drones, but the F.A.A. doesn’t have bodies on the ground to enforce their rules. That is why I believed Miami had to have its own rules.”.....check out the rest of the story below

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/28/technology/faa-drone-laws-start-to-clash-with-stricter-local-rules.html?_r=0

2015-12-27
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally, the FAA actually doing something useful for UAV users. Every local podunk town thinks they can "ban drones" . Local yokels can't seem to get through their tiny brains the concept that by U.S. law only the FAA has control of the National Airspace.

The only authority local government has is to restrict launching from city-owned land, i.e. a park. That's it.
2015-12-27
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

If that is true, and I hope you are correct, how is it that you can not fly a drone from any national park or is the real issue, you can not launch or land them in the park thereby making it impossible in most cases to be able to fly anything interesting.
2015-12-29
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2015-12-27 21:46
Finally, the FAA actually doing something useful for UAV users. Every local podunk town thinks they  ...

@ LICENSED PILOT - Finally something we both agree 100% on!  ;)
2015-12-29
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-12-29 17:46
If that is true, and I hope you are correct, how is it that you can not fly a drone from any nationa ...

The Park Service is not attempting to control the airspace over the parks (only the FAA can), only what goes on "on the ground". And I agree; great aerial shots are within national parks.
2015-12-31
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2015-12-31 12:28
The Park Service is not attempting to control the airspace over the parks (only the FAA can), only ...

Ok this hairbrained idea was cooked up by me moments ago at 0400 e.s.t. which means very little thought has gone into it, but that won't stop me so here goes.
Is there anyone in South Florida interested in helping to create and participating in sUAS public educational and awareness campaigns. It won't always be easy. I believe most people who are afraid of the tech hasn't truly seen it.
I'm willing to take a canopy, table chairs a PA system and my $7k I1 kit out and show the public its capabilities, unfortunately I am still new to the game as such there are obviously numerous questions I can't answer, so yes I'd like to ask others to join/assist me, also there's obviously strength in numbers. I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE FOR A SINGLE DIME! I'm asking for time and or resources and ideas.
If our community has any hope of stemming the tide of sUAS fearmongering and knee jerk regulations our best weapon is responsible hobbyists educating the public and showing we are no more dangerous than any other group of enthusiasts.
Local hobby shops should definitely consider joining in as I'm positive sUAS sales are hugely outpacing standard r/c sales and they definitely have a stake in the game.
I'd like to get started as early as March, I'll use a small generator and a monitor to show videos and photos taken with my craft or others if submitted, I'll answer the questions I can, I'd like to recommend this website for those I can't if the moderators approve and I'd encourage others to do the same in their communities. I've looked at the AMA Website and quite frankly I and many members aren't filled with confidence on their efforts. Every technology has its share of people who abuse it but they aren't being regulated out of existence, between FAA No Fly Zones and Local and State No Takeoff/Landing or Operations zones we may soon be limited to operating in our own backyard below six feet and never facing our neighbors property.
I'm more of a behind the scenes guy with very little charm or charisma so if others care to join me it would be great especially if media attention can be garnered.
Again this should not be just a South Florida initiative try it where you live!
Wish me luck, I'll post on how it goes for me or maybe you can watch me being kicked and pummeled by angry mobs of "drone" haters on the evening news.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules