Ronin STILL looses roll/horizon axis! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT DJI!
2845 17 2015-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richard
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I'll keep this fairly short and to the point - DJI quite simply has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

It probably comes as no great surprise that my Ronin drifts on the roll axis. It has always drifted from day one of owning it. I always assumed that it was due to user error and DJI always told me that I was calibrating it wrong, but having looked around for all of 2 minutes on the internet, I now know that hundreds of other people have the same issue. It's seems that the answer is to downgrade the firmware...

So lat week I attempted to go about doing so. I spoke with the US customer service who promised me that he'd send over the downgrade FW with 15 minutes. He decided to send me a mail saying advising me to calibrate the system.

So then I tried the German customer service. They did send me a 1.2 version software but with no instructions of how to downgrade. The software doesn't detect my Ronin and therefore I can not resolve the problem. Having dug a little deeper, I see that the SN needs to be authorized in order for the old software to work.

Net result - this useless piece of junk has ruined so many shots by not being able to hold it's roll axis. It's embarrassing in front of clients to continually have to restart the device so it can find horizon.

Why can DJI not just send out a blanket downgrade package for those who NEED to downgrade the software? Pathetic...

If someone at DJI, who isn't a robot, could please get back to me with an actual solution, that would be fantastic.

UNTIL THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM, THE RONIN IS EFFECTIVELY USELESS. BUYER BEWARE!

Regards

2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

Dear Cusomer,

If you want to downgrade the Ronin firmware, please email to support@dji.com, we will help you, appreciate for your kindly understanding!

Best Regards!
DJI-Cathy
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry for that, could you pls provide me your email so that I can contact you for the downgrade?
2015-12-28
Use props
musicman2004
New

Russia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-12-29 10:22
Sorry for that, could you pls provide me your email so that I can contact you for the downgrade?

Musicman2004@inbox.ru
I need this too... Please help me
2015-12-29
Use props
alexzahn
New

United States

I am in the same situation. On paper the updates made to firmware 3.0 look great and supposedly solve the problem, but they have not solved the problem for me. My Ronin's horizon drifts same as ever. I even purchased a thumb-controller to try and adjust the roll on the fly when it goes off, but even that is not manageable. I hate to have to downgrade, but I see no other way. Of course now I will loose the use of the thumb controller too...
I need the downgrade instructions: a.zahn@gmx.ch
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Musicman, Alexzhan,
Thanks for your feedback! we will be contacting you through email with further instructions on downgrade.
2016-1-11
Use props
henrikjensen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-12 06:15
Musicman, Alexzhan,
Thanks for your feedback! we will be contacting you through email with further i ...

I need to downgrade as well ASAP henrikjensen@hotmail.se
2016-1-12
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

henrikjensen@ho Posted at 2016-1-12 11:11
I need to downgrade as well ASAP

Henrik,

Could you share what IMU and GCU versions you upgraded to that caused problems? I am running GCU .01 and IMU 1.2, but don't know if I should or shouldn't upgrade.

Best wishes -George
2016-1-12
Use props
aladdin
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-12-29 14:22

Please email me this downgrade as well i have version 2.3 and a thumb controller and it has been unusable on a major feature film we shot. What will happen with the thumb controller once i down grade will you refund me on this. Please get back to me asap as we have a tv series shoot with 10 dji ronin's and we planned to use them with the thumb controller. Also why won't you take this faulty firm war off the website and stop the sale of the thumb controller until a firmware is released to fix this?
2016-1-14
Use props
henrikjensen
lvl.1

Sweden

George Mihaly Posted at 2016-1-13 01:40
Henrik,

Could you share what IMU and GCU versions you upgraded to that caused problems? I am run ...

I upgraded to the latest available. And it goes off on the roll axis. ...but, yesterday it didnt all off a sudden.. Im not really sure why it worked yesterday and not on the previous tries.
2016-1-14
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

henrikjensen@ho Posted at 2016-1-14 14:52
I upgraded to the latest available. And it goes off on the roll axis. ...but, yesterday it didnt a ...

Thanks Henrik. I know its a ways away, but I will be chatting with DJI folks at NAB 2016 and hopefully getting perspective on known/unknown compatibility issues with the firmware and softwares. Thanks -George
2016-1-15
Use props
allan_m
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a useless ronin-m too.
After emailing support, a few days ago, got a reply this morning requesting me to downgrade the firmware with no instruction on how to do this.

FFS. How can it be this bad?
2016-1-18
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it me but why don’t they just make a statement with instructions for everyone instead of emailing them sound STUPID if you ask me.....
2016-2-6
Use props
info
lvl.1
Canada

I need the 2.1 downgrade as well ASAP.

I'm losing business over this nonsense.

info@epictoronto.ca
2016-2-8
Use props
info
New

Germany

Hi DJI Team,

I have very important shooting tommorow Sat 5 of March. I cant miss it so I need support right away for downgrading or whatever it takes to make this right again. Just normal would be fine!

I need support to downgrade immediatly. DJI Ronin with firmware 3.0
Thump controller is istalled and plugged in, without same problem.
Batteries are fully charged.

Camera is perfectly balanced.

Here is my problem:

Either the ronin spins like crazy horizontally with no end or it doenst react at all or it suddenly pans and tilt and rolls til motor dead end (mechanically dead end).

Please help,
Best,
Benjamin

2016-3-4
Use props
info
New

Germany

info@kurtzfilm. Posted at 2016-3-4 22:16
Hi DJI Team,

I have very important shooting tommorow Sat 5 of March. I cant miss it so I need suppo ...

Dear DJI,
no reply to this Post, no helpful Email for this urgent matter.

The malfunction of the Gimbal with Firmware 3.0 cost me already 200,00 Eur yesterday. Tommorow is the next shooting day of total 3. Where is the support? Do you guys want us to estimate you an invoice for all the hours and work we spent or the rental gimbals we need to rent instead of our own? Read the forum carefully and see how many people have problems now with the new firmware.

So far it would be 600,00 Eur on mid of this week. Do you understand what that means or are you just interested in selling products to get bigger?

My point: This is important! I kindly ask you again to help asap and get in contact with me Benjamin Kurtz to help on monday 7 march 2016 to downgrade Ronin from 3.0 to 2.1. or as you suggest to make it work. We are not kinds playing around. This is serious business depending on reliable equipment. Keep what you promise. In Europe, Asia or USA!

If you want to get in contact directly call 0049 151 212 312 44.

Best regards,
Benjamin Kurtz
www.kurtzfilm.de/film
2016-3-6
Use props
glkimpson
New

Hi Cathy and Tim!  Could you please please please send me the downgrade as well. My Ronin was working perfectly before the upgrade and now has nonstop roll drift issues. I tried everything including talking to customer service (which did not help at all). I hear the only fool proof method is to downgrade.  Email:  gabrielkimpson@gmail.com         Thank you!!
2016-3-6
Use props
jason
lvl.2
  • >>>

how about a new firmware that works on the ground and in the air
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules