Phantom crashed and motors don't spin correctly
2031 8 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenygt
New

United States

I have the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and was flying thru a carport  and crashed into a shed about 15 meters beyond the carport. I was turned around on the controls because the carport was behind me and when I thought I was pulling back on the stick I was actually going forward faster and hit the shed pretty hard. I had the safety equipment on the quad and it tore up 2 of the prop protectors with the string and broke one prop but that was all the physical damage I could see so I took all the prop protectors and string off, put another prop on and tried to start it up and one of the motors started spinning fine at first but then the motors are "spin stop, spin stop, spin stop" eratically  and they don't make a complete turn when they try to turn but do get all the way around just eratically and one of them doesn't turn it just moves a little and stops but they will not start up so I'm wondering does anyone know what the actual cause is, I mean is it the motors or is one of the programed cards on the inside damaged or something else. I would appreciate any help you could give on the subject, oh, and I have not tried the camera yet (almost afraid to) so I don't yet know if it still works...I figured I would try to get the Quad working first.

2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do all the motors turn freely by hand or do the motors in question feel resistance?
2014-12-29
Use props
kenygt
New

United States

There is resistance when I try to spin the motors
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kenygt Posted at 2014-12-30 01:21
There is resistance when I try to spin the motors

Have you already replaced the prop guards when you tried to turn them by hand?  If you have not done that yet, did you put the same screws back in without the guards on?
2014-12-29
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Take the top off and check the ESC boards.
2014-12-29
Use props
kenygt
New

United States

Yes, I am going to contact the place of purchase, just wanted to put it on the forum.
2014-12-29
Use props
kenygt
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-30 01:23
Have you already replaced the prop guards when you tried to turn them by hand?  If you have not do ...

yes, I did put the same screws back in but then when it did not work correctly I backed the screws back out some and tried it again and it still did not work...do you think taking them all the way out would help?
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kenygt Posted at 2014-12-30 01:34
yes, I did put the same screws back in but then when it did not work correctly I backed the screws ...

The screws that you used are longer than the original screws.  The longer screws will go into the armature of the motors and cause all kinds of trouble.  If you still have the original shorter screws. put them back in and see what happens.
2014-12-29
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

yiu must use the proper screws otherwise you will damage the motor windings.
2014-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules