Upgraded P2 ans RC Gimbal and motors not working
1173 6 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenthwaits
lvl.1

United States

Been looking through the forum and have tried all the suggestions. I have a Phantom 2 with the basic RC controller. Switch slider for the Gimbal is mounted on the backside of the RC. After ugrading all firmware for P2, RC, and Gimbal I now have two problems. The Gimbal now only moves full down (vertical) or full up (horizontal) with no in between adjustment.  I can calibrate the Gimbal to limit both Vert/Hor movement but that is just a band aid. Problem #2 is the Phantom 2 will not start by pulling both sticks down and in. If I could go back to the original software I would. Where can I find it?
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Problem 1
Try recalibrating everything
Problem 2
When you calibrated, did you have mode 2 or mode 1 selected?
2014-12-29
Use props
kenthwaits
lvl.1

United States

I have recalibrate everything several times (Gimbal) actually started working in my above description after 3 recalibrations. I had mode 2 selected because the stick movements correspond with my RC.
2014-12-29
Use props
kenthwaits
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-30 01:43
Problem 1
Try recalibrating everything
Problem 2

Hi Gerry - I recalibrated my RC controller again and I noticed that I had changed (reversed) the yaw setting. I went back to normal settings and the P2 starts no problem. The gimbal still does not work properly, but I did decend too fast and picked up prop wash which caused a crash landing. So I probably damaged the gimbal in the process. Thanks for your response and the input you give on this forum. Your comments are spot on.
2014-12-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kenthwaits@mac. Posted at 2015-1-1 02:05
Hi Gerry - I recalibrated my RC controller again and I noticed that I had changed (reversed) the y ...

If you want or need to come down faster,  move laterally also when you come down.  Forward, backward, left or right as you're coming down.  That way, you are lessening the chance of getting into the killer vortex.  It's not a guarantee you will NOT enter it, but a glide will put the turbulent downward prop wash to the side of you and not straight under you.

Describe what your camera and gimbal is doing for me.
2014-12-31
Use props
kenthwaits
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-1 02:29
If you want or need to come down faster,  move laterally also when you come down.  Forward, backwa ...

The GoPro Hero 4 works fine. The Gimbal only stays stationary when I try to position it with the RC. On start up the Gimbal moves throughout its normal range of motion. When I move the Gimbal slider on the back of my RC the Gimbal moves slightly like it is trying to position itself but goes back to its original position. When trying to calibrate it, the software shows it going from full horizontal to full vertical with now adjustment in between.
2014-12-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Try this to calibrate the gimbal.  Credit goes  to Gil.
calibrating camera tilt the easy way.png
2014-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules