1705 2 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Please provide an option to save high-quality panorama results to the mobile device. Save in the background, if needed, using a low priority thread. Bonus points if you use high quality compression (100% jpeg) to minimize loss.
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Due to the limitations of mobile phone performance and for the rapid stitching and sharing, DJI GO’s panorama function uses scaled-down photos. For instance, a 4:3 photo may have an original resolution of 4000x3000 but the resolution used for stitching will be 960*720.
Due to the stitching algorithm, the height of the panorama may be lower than original photos. To retain original resolutions, post processing photos using original files stored on the micro-SD card is recommended. The original files are in the directory of SD card/ DCIM/PANORAMA/.To download the panorama into your mobile device, you need to open it in the DJI GO app-> Library and download it using the left corner download icon. Thus the panorama picture will be saved in the local camera roll of your mobile phone.

2015-12-29
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Thanks for the response, Amy.

This is understandable from a rapidity and sharing point of view. Nonetheless, it would be very nice to have that option. My iPhone's native camera app already does this very well, at full resolution. I just took a test pano which resulted in a 12.3 Mb file with a resolution of 13716x3756. I can't believe that mid-high range android devices would have issues as they tend to have far, far superior memory and power.

I have zero interest in instant sharing and much prefer quality over rapidity / data costs - I can't be alone in this. The whole point of my buying a DJI product was for super quality over a Feiyu + Hero Session/Polaroid Cube.

So now I have a decision.

Choice A:
1) Use the Osmo to very quickly and very easily take the multiple panorama source images.
2) Go to a computer.
3) Transfer the photos.
4) Load photoshop, if I have it, or scour the internet for a decent free stitcher.
5) Fiddle fiddle fiddle, possibly repeat 4 and 5.
6) Miss the party.

Choice B:
1) Open an an app on my phone
2) be as still as possible, hold my breath

Choice B will win in most situations and the user will not have the option to re-stitch at home using the source photos.

A compromise would be to allow the user to import the full-size original photos so that they can use another app on the phone to do the stitching. That would avoid extensive programming and even provide a wider choice as users tend to have different favorite apps for mobile post processing. They could even upload those files to a dedicated stitching service, like Dermandar.
2015-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules