United States Drone Registration
2900 34 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

Hello, I have some info on the drone registration. All drones that are made by DJI are above .55lbs and below 55lbs., meaning that it must be registered. It is free to register a drone before January 20, 2016. After that, it is a $5 registration fee. Get it registered with the FAA through this link: https://registermyuas.faa.gov/register
2015-12-29
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

FYI all the want is your name and address. They want no information about the drone your flying. They number they provide you is for all flying RC gear if it meets the requirements to need the number attached
2015-12-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Apparently, they want more than that, like a credit card.  Not happening.
2015-12-29
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

You pay $5 but it's refunded if you register within 30 days
2015-12-29
Use props
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

Yeah. Just remember to replace it after 3 years. If you do it on the same day, then it will be free also.
2015-12-30
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

Yesterday's news, bro.
2015-12-30
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-30
Use props
markngn
lvl.1
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-30 19:16
All these idiots blinded over a $5 refund.

Actually, it's all of these idiots that "don't" register.  Granted, there's probably not enough resource to enforce it for a while (or at all), but, that's not the point.  I guess all of the "smart" people will wait for the first few fines to do theirs. :-)
Drone_Registration.jpg
2016-1-2
Use props
Alan Z.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I saw this notice regarding registration:

" PSA: The AMA recommends holding off on model aircraft registration in the US until legal challenges are resolved.
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
markngn
lvl.1
United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-2 17:32
Screw the FAA and screw you. Do you think youre immune to any punishment because you registered? Y ...

There's no need for these words.  After all, we are all here for the hobby, to learn and be informed, right? Have fun BUT more importantly, be safe!

1) Without any incidents; let's just say I am just leisurely flying my drone at a park and someone randomly ask for my registration.  Guess what, I would have mine so I am covered...no fine.  The non-registered people will either receive a warning or citation (fine) of some sort once this is fully in effect.  It's just that simple.      

2) On your second point - your thought process is if you are registered and something happens, like a runaway that has created an accident or even killing someone...why register for because it would then be documented as your drone and you are now accountable for what happened?  Geez - what a terrible concept?!?  Accountable for your actions.

2016-1-2
Use props
tcmalker
lvl.1

United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=38007&mobile=2
2016-1-2
Use props
tcmalker
lvl.1

United States

Fly anonymously
2016-1-2
Use props
tcmalker
lvl.1

United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =38007&mobile=2
2016-1-2
Use props
markngn
lvl.1
United States

tcmalker Posted at 2016-1-2 20:05
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=38007&mobile=2

Haha...thanks for the laugh!!
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

jlspitler Posted at 2015-12-29 22:20

Ah, but then they have your information, for whatever they want to do with it.  No thanks.
2016-1-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

jlspitler Posted at 2015-12-29 22:20

Ah, but then they have your information, for whatever they want to do with it.  No thanks.
2016-1-3
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

markngn Posted at 2016-1-2 20:56
There's no need for these words.  After all, we are all here for the hobby, to learn and be inform ...

If someone randomly asks for my registration, I'm not going to give it to them. It would seem only the FAA can ask for that. I don't see them having a large enforcement division roaming the country looking for unregistered drones. Otherwise I will tell you it's none of your business  to see my registration.

2016-1-3
Use props
pe9999
lvl.1

United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-2 20:43
Exactly "who" is going to walk up to you and just ask for your registration do you presume?  Do yo ...

it would be the people who enforce the law. Just like driving, you can drive over the limit and never get a ticket. then again, would you count on your luck forever.
2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743586 ft
United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-3 07:32
Screw the FAA and screw you. Do you think youre immune to any punishment because you registered? Y ...

Its that attitude that got us here in the first place.  We made the bed and now we must sleep in it.
2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-3 10:43
Exactly "who" is going to walk up to you and just ask for your registration do you presume?  Do yo ...

The same chuckleheads that brought us to the requirement of registering.  There will be idiots out there spying on the girls in their bikinis or the grumpy old bastard that thinks your either spying on him or just being a public nuisance.
2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-4 11:21

Gary, as a licensed HAM they already have your info.  To late for privacy complaint.
2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-4 12:27
If someone randomly asks for my registration, I'm not going to give it to them. It would seem only ...

Sure, there isn't a requirement to show your registration to everyone.  But, should you show them and talk the drone hobby up, you might take a hater and turn them into a "Gotta have that".  Like with any hobby, you give a bad attitude and now its "Those" people that we'll be referred to.  

WE can either help or harm the hobby by our actions and attitude.
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-4 15:03
No one is out there "spying" on girls in their bikinis.  If you haven't noticed, girls pretty much ...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/ ... sunbathing-daughter

2016-1-3
Use props
Ken H.
lvl.1
United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-4 14:26
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

Did you not state "Screw the FAA and screw you. Do you think youre immune to any punishment because you registered?"

Not picking on you, but its crappy attitudes and negligent behavior that brought us to the point that the FAA poked our government for mandatory registration.  
2016-1-3
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Ken H. Posted at 2016-1-4 01:24
Sure, there isn't a requirement to show your registration to everyone.  But, should you show them  ...

I can talk up the hobby and often do. People are impressed on seeing what the Phantom can do and also what it cannot. I don't need to whip out a registration number to make any kind of impression on them.
2016-1-4
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-3 23:56
Hence my stance, why register at all then.

I know. I see where you are going with this and I understand. I guess I just fall in the camp of registering since it is required just like my vehicles. I could drive my car around without a registration or insurance rolling the dice whether I would get caught or not, but I don't. Call me a lemming.
2016-1-4
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-3 23:58
You see the problem is, that eventually there WILL be an FAA drone enforcement division.  Why?  Beca ...

In some sense, I am OK with that. Already since Christmas the increase in posts and questions by people doing idiotic things or those who refuse to learn even the smallest thing about these aircraft has already increased dramatically on this forum. So, it follows that we are set up to see a lot of crazy irresponsible occurrences once the weather warms up. It might be helpful to have someone out there weeding out the stupid. Bloated bureaucracy and all that comes with it.
2016-1-4
Use props
Village Idiot
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone on here registered for commerical use?
2016-1-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Ken H. Posted at 2016-1-4 00:21
Gary, as a licensed HAM they already have your info.  To late for privacy complaint.

But I'm not worried about you, and you don't have my CC either.  
2016-1-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Village Idiot Posted at 2016-1-4 10:09
Has anyone on here registered for commerical use?

Several people on this forum have.  Don't know if any are in this thread.
2016-1-4
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Ken H. Posted at 2016-1-4 02:07
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dad-shoots-down-drone-hovering-over-sunbathing-dau ...

You do know that the shooter in this case was thrown out by a judge even though the on board video and the DJI flight records showed the drone was close to 300 in elevation. http://www.wdrb.com/story/303541 ... who-shot-down-drone

I'm not as vocal as Bryan, but registration isn't going to do anything to improve safety.

I've been here since the advent of the P3. There have been lots of folks flying higher than 400 feet as well as people not flying within visual restrictions.

There was a case in Hawaii where a person flying a DJI product withing 50-100 yards of the presidents motorcade. He wasn't charged. I can wager, he didn't bother to look for temporary flight restrictions. The FAA published the restrictions before December 16th, 2015. I'm not a Obama fan, but I'm not stupid enough to fly in an area where I know the president is going to be.

You can't legislate common sense. Registration isn't the answer.

DJI can thru the DJI GO app, require you to sign off that you acknowledge flight safety before every flight. Geo fencing while not perfect can restrict the movement of new owners aircraft.

2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules