DJI Inspire 1 Controller USB Not Working
2888 5 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2193724 ft
United Kingdom

Please can someone help? I have justupdated the software Firmware v.1.6.0.40, all installed fine on the inspire,went to plug in my iPad to the controller and nothing. I have tried 2 cablesand still nothing. Tried also connecting to iphone as well.  It's like the USB port isn’t recognizing the cable. Hasanyone else had this problem? Because I can’t access the DJI GO I am unsure toknow if I need to update the controller and thats why it's not picking up the cable?

Please help

2015-12-30
Use props
pandastick
New

Brazil

Hey Scott,

I have a similar problem, however I can connect with the USB cable but the only data it seems to pass is the video feed (no other flight data). I feel it was caused by the update.  

Posted my issue here and will get back to you if I find a solution.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-38385-1-1.html

Cheers,
Peter
2015-12-30
Use props
pandastick
New

Brazil

Turns out the issue on my side was with the DJI GO Android App.

I deleted it, installed a new one, authorised USB debugging (again) and it just started working. It seems that i was on an older version of DJI GO and that there was an incompatibility with that version and the new firmware.

Hope it helps

2015-12-30
Use props
scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2193724 ft
United Kingdom

pandastick Posted at 2015-12-30 15:29
Turns out the issue on my side was with the DJI GO Android App.

I deleted it, installed a new one, ...

Thank Peter. I will give it a go and let you  know.

Cheers, Scott
2015-12-30
Use props
jefffarr13
New

United States

Hi fellow pilots. First post here. Reaching out for help! My controller isn't connecting to the aircraft after the initial in-app firmware upgrade. The blue light on controller stays on consistently which according to dji means its upgrading. But no matter what I do, it remains constant blue. I've upgraded the RC (inspire 1) to todays release of 1.7 and the txt file said it was a success. Then after erasing the .bin and .txt file, I loaded a fresh v.1.7 bin to the same card, connected the card (with a card reader) to the controller hoping it would recognize it and turned it on. But it does nothing and the blue light remains on.

I called my local dji dealer and they suggested going through the app and reconnecting the controller through the app (camera view/remote control settings/linking RC) and the small red button on the nose cone. Tying this, I select "Linking RC" and it says "Conform Frequency Settings? - Ok" I hit ok and nothing happens except the app returns to the Remote Control Settings screen. Nothing. Also note the inspire blinks yellow, which means its not pair with a controller (I think).

I'm looking for ideas to try to reconnect the controller with the RC.  NOTE: Prior to this upgrade, the two were paired and enjoyed 20+ flights. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
2016-3-17
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

I had the same problem with the controller not talking to the ipad and did the diagnostic with my functional Inspire remote control and found that the HDMI board is bad. The easy fix is to buy this http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

Just ordered 2 of this just in case.
2016-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules