WARNING: Osmo does not remember the date/time without the app following a reb...
2117 6 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Restarting the Osmo (NOT a cold start from a re-connected battery, or a swap to another one) then taking photos or videos will result in those files having the timestamp of 1/1/2014 12:00 AM, both in the filesystem and in the EXIF data. Multiple shots will see a normal progression of time, of course. This issue can seriously screw up a photographer's organization and workflow, so be warned.

The time will not be corrected until the DJI Go app successfully connects.

To ensure you have the proper date and time, go to the main screen of the DJI Go app, and wait for connection confirmation - you don't need to press the "Camera" button. You might notice a slight delay if you immediately press the shutter to take a picture - I think this is the Osmo syncing with the app.
This is a huge shame as I would like being able to whip out the Osmo, turn it on then take a video/photo without even unlocking the gimbal. Sometimes time isn't on your side and you just have to take what you can. The Osmo is fast at booting - you can take a photo within five seconds of a cold start - so this flaw is exasperating.

DJI-Amy: Can this be fixed? I'm hoping this is just an oversight.

Sequential test data

Sequential test data

Sample EXIF data

Sample EXIF data
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

For the current design, the camera don't have the timer or GPS module, so it can only get time from the mobile device. I will report your need to the engineers. Thanks.
2015-12-30
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Thanks Amy. It's something people don't think about until it's too late, hence the warning.
2015-12-30
Use props
hubert.szwaj
lvl.1

Poland

+1
Fast boot making Osmo good camera for shots, when "things happens", but not anymore with App.
When I import my yesterday's shots to computer, I feel space time continuum disorder :O. It is really, difficult, to fit into shots makes with another camera, that has time stamps.
Is it possible to include timer in next release, or we will be stuck "by hardware design"?
DJI, please.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

hubert.szwaj@gm Posted at 2016-2-1 19:52
+1
Fast boot making Osmo good camera for shots, when "things happens", but not anymore with App.
Wh ...

We will take good consideration about it, it's still in review process. It may take some time. Thanks for your suggestion!
2016-2-1
Use props
hub21
lvl.1

Poland

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-2 04:22
We will take good consideration about it, it's still in review process. It may take some time. Tha ...

Thank You for response, fingers crossed
2016-2-3
Use props
christian.erhar
New
Flight distance : 345653 ft
Portugal

Any update on this feature? I had the same experience that none of the recordings I did without the app had a proper timestamp. That's pretty annoying, when you have to put it in the right order later...
Thanks!

2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules