Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Occasional 'No Signal' on DJI Go App whilst flying.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi All.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice received.

I'm up to about 70 flights now and I must say, really enjoying the DJI P3P.

I have the latest firmware, always calibrate compass on every flight, IMU is re-set every five flights, DJI Go App updated (iOS) as soon as it is needed.

Most of my logs are uploaded to healthy drones, I've attached one to this post to see if any of the more experienced and knowledgable pilots could help me out, I received a 'No Signal' message whilst flying with the quad about 75 feet up and 150 feet away, I was in open fields, nearest powerlines 1Km away, no high intensity radio fields close by. It cleared itself within seconds, but still worrying. The take off battery shows 66%, I had  landed it previously to clean the lens cover, original take off power was 97%.

It's not the first time this has happened, (it does make the cheeks of my backside clench when it does) but I'd appreciate someone passing their eye over the log.

Can cellular phones with wifi enabled cause this kind of error? Can the phone searching for wifi be problematic?

Thanks all, file is zipped.

Kev
forum pic.jpg

DJIFlightRecord_2015-12-27_[11-03-35].zip

397.36 KB, Down times: 8

Flight records

2015-12-30
Use props
nollzr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was this the first time you have flown aftet upgrade to firmware 1
2015-12-30
Use props
nollzr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry... firmware 1.6??
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since your in an open area, it could be WiFI (especially if you have a Standard) Also try to turn down the Transmission Quality in the Image Transmission Setting.
See if that helps.
2015-12-30
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

nollzr Posted at 2015-12-30 21:09
Sorry... firmware 1.6??

Hi, yes it was..
2016-1-1
Use props
HoboDan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 760525 ft
United States

The same happens to me.. I think it's the batt.... On Columbus Day, I thought I had a flyaway...It said "no signal" before I lost it... But, after about a month or so, I got a call from a man that found my drone... Smashed.. Fell from 332 ft..... At the same point I lost it.... Bought another P3p and put in the battery that was in the broken drone..(Battery charged fine and held the charge, until it started the auto discharge. Recharged before flight.)  It said "no signal" after about 3 minutes of flying..This was on my second flight with the new drone. You can imagine my terror... And then the power came back.
The batt must be bad... Any way to get another?.... Maybe another drone for the broken one that I thought was a flyaway and paid 881.30 bucks, (and waited 72 days), for another?.....
2016-1-1
Use props
nollzr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I downgraded back to 1.5 and so far the issue has gone away
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now